Thursday 6 August 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  
 
 
(source)  
 
 
Big Ben  . . . . it will be nice when the gongs begin again. Not sure when the repairs will be finished. They say 2021. Repairs have been ongoing since 2017. 


(source)  
 
 
Tower Bridge  . . .  
 
 
(source)  

Stone walls, which are very prevalent in the North. You will see them everywhere. Hundreds of years old they were created to border fields and farms using what was readily available.  
 
 
(source)  
 
Branscombe Village in Devon, and you don't have to pay to go into it like you do Clovelly.  

 
(source)  
 
The ruins of Bolton Abbey in North Yorkshire. 
 
 
(source)  
 
 
The coastline of Dorset, beautiful cliffs . . .  stunning scenery . . .  



(source)  
 

Piccadilly Circus at night  . . .  its alive! 
 
 
(source)  
 
 
The iconic red telephone box  . . .  that's Harrod's across the way all lit up . . . Knightsbridge. My ex boss had an apartment in Knightsbridge, two blocks from Harrods. 
 
 
(source)  
 
 
Stone crofts  . . . with moss covered walls, grass roofs  . . .  stone walls . . . 
 
 
(source)  
 
 
The lighthouse at Beachy Head in East Sussex . . .  
 
 
  
(source)  
 
 
The Roman Baths in  . . . . Bath! 
 
 
(Source)  
 
 
The Bridge of Sighs, Oxford.  This iconic bridge connects two parts of Hertford College. 
 
 
  
(source)  
 
The Medieval street known as The Shambles in York . . .  
 
 
  
(source)
  
 
Chester's Northgate Street, during happier, safer, healthier times  . . .  
 
 
(source)  
 
 
The Lavender fields in Kent  . . . 
 
  
(source
 
The architecture of the Natural History Museum in London  . . .  can you see the little figures climing up the corners of the walls, arches, etc.?  This is an amazing building to look at from the outside . . . nevermind the fascinations within its walls  . . . 


(source)  
 
Gloucester Cathedral . . .  the cloisters. Can you hear the sounds of ancient monks and nuns on their way to worship?  These cloister halls have been used in some of the Harry Potter films . . .  
 
 
(source)  
 
Scotney Castle in Kent  . . .  one of my favourite places to go . . . 


(source)
 
 
Saint Paul's   . . .  that iconic dome  . . . Feed the birds, tuppence a bag . . .  
  

(source)  
 
 
The infamous Crooked House, Windsor  . . . 

And those are some of my favourite things about the UK!  (There's oodles and oodles more.) 
 
 
Let me just add one more . . .  the class of this couple, visiting a carehome in Cardiff. A future king and queen.  I think they are just wonderful.

A thought to carry with you  . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Do everything with so 
much love in your heart
that you would never
want to do it any other way.
~Yogi Desai•。★★ 。* 。 
 
 
 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Perfectly Seasoned Chips. Oven-baked, not fried.  Delicious! Flavoured with my own mix of spices.

Have a great Thursday (how did that happen???) Today I will be bottling the Blackberry Liqueur I made for Christmas gifts and cooking my green tomato Chow from my ex MIL's recipe.  Wish me luck!  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 
 
 
And I do too!  
 




 
 





8 comments:

  1. Good morning, Marie. Loved seeing England through your eyes. The picture of the lavender fields in Kent is particularly stunning. And the crooked little house - do people live in it? William and Kate, so kind. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Actually the Crooked House is the oldest Tea Room in the UK. It dates back to 1687. Wouldn't it be wonderful to enjoy tea together there? I bet it gets extremely busy at times. You can read more about it here:

      https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/01/21/47111/

      Its quite fascinating! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely!:) I am being redirected to get to your blog since the new Blogger are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I know the English Kitchen is redirecting because I bought a domain and so its sending people who go to the old one to the domain address? xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved the tour of your fair country today. What a beautiful and historic place to live. As I'll probably never get to visit there, it's lovely to do some armchair traveling with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a great armchair traveler as well Pam! There is nothing wrong about that and its economical and we often see the best bits! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Beautiful country...would so love to spend some time there! And those potatos look so yummy!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!