Tuesday 18 August 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, August 18th, 2020 

Outside my window ... 

Sometimes a photograph can say more than I possibly could. Heavy rain. 

I am thinking ... 
My son shared the directives from the NB Government this morning concerning back to school for their pupils. Scary stuff.  I am not sure how I would feel as a parent sending my children back to school. I know how I feel as  a grandparent. Nooooo!!!! For those who are capable, I would be seriously considering Home Schooling. 

I am thankful for ... 
Two days with a well doggie.  Hopefully this will continue! 

In the kitchen ... 



On offer today, Lemon & Garlic, Butter Baked Cod.  Seriously delicious!   We loved this.  


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Pretty Simple Sweet.  Cherry Almond Muffins.  These look sooooo delicious!   I adore cherries. 

Good to know ... 


We are never truly alone  . . . 

I am creating ... 

  

Ravelry.  Little Santa. Not free, but not expensive either. 



Frazzy Dazzle.  Matchbox Chickens.  



Johanna Parker Designs.  Inspiration only. Her stuff is gorgeous!   She has plenty of free printables here.  


  

No source, but aren't they adorable!  




Hello Wonderful.  Tiny Dolls in Tiny Boxes.  


I am reading ... 

 

The Girls with No Names, by Serena Burdick 

Not far from Luella and Effie Tildon’s large family mansion in Inwood looms the House of Mercy, a work house for wayward girls. The sisters grow up under its shadow with the understanding that even as wealthy young women, their freedoms come with limits. But when the sisters accidentally discover a shocking secret about their father, Luella, the brazen older sister, becomes emboldened to do as she pleases. But her rebellion comes with consequences, and one morning Luella is mysteriously gone.


 Effie suspects her father has made good on his threat to send Luella to the House of Mercy and hatches a plan to get herself committed to save her sister. But she made a miscalculation, and with no one to believe her story, Effie’s escape from the House of Mercy seems impossible—unless she can trust an enigmatic girl named Mable. As their fates entwine, Mable and Effie must rely on each other and their tenuous friendship to survive.


Dreaming About ... 

(source)  


Cute, cute dresses  . . . .  
  
(source)  


Etched glassware  . . . 


(source)  


Sunflowers  . . . 


(source)  

Embroidered bees . . . 


(Source)  

Light  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Dirty John, Season 2 on Netflix.  This hits very close to home. Compelling.  The acting in this is brilliant. Although I know its just acting, I am starting to hate Christian Slater lol

Makes me smile ... 


Peek a boo, I see you  . . . 


Corners of my kingdom ... 

  
(source

 Sunset over Hayworth Village.Home of the Bronte Sisters.


A thought to carry with you ... 



° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
How you make others feel
says a lot about you. 
~Unknown ...•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .

  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆  
  


 ✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too! 





 



4 comments:

  1. LOL the hate was felt here too..and for his Linda..what an amazing performance by MsPeet..hope she wins an award..
    Watched Echo in The Canyon last night because of you..thoroughly enjoyed!
    Cherry and Almond a match made in heaven.
    I think the pool cured Mitzi.:)

    I want another Dirty John NOW..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its excellent! We have only finished episode 2, but I want to watch another one today. I am sure when it is finished I will also want another one now! Oh, I am so happy you watched Echo in the Canyon. Didn't it take you back? I love LOVED it. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love your ending quote today. How you make others feel
    says a lot about you. A good one to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! I truly believe that is true! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!