Friday 28 August 2020

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 
 
A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you! 
 
 

 
Stone Gable.  The secret of drying beautiful hydrangea.  Every year I say I am going to do this, maybe this year I will.   
 

 
 
Daisy Farm Crafts. Twisted Velvet crochet head bands. Plus there is a video to help. 
 
 
  
 
 
Cecil and Co. Learn to create your own fabric mushrooms. 
 
 
 
 
 
Crochet Beja.  Crochet Wavy Pad Tutorial. I like this.   A lot. 
 
 
  
 
 
Creativities.  Lace Mystical Cape. Free Pattern.  
 
 
  
 
 Designer Switch Plates. Make your own found on A Piece of Rainbow.  Cute! 
 
 
  
 
How to fake calligraphy.  From Joelle Charming
 
 
  
 
Little Felt Mice.   Complete tutorial, including templates, etc.   Found on Rythm & Rhyme.
These are so cute! 
 
 
 
 
French Baguette Wraps.   A downloadable free printable from Heather Bullard
 
 
  
 
This little wine cork reindeer is so cute!  I love it.  I wonder if I can buy wine corks.  We don't drink wine so we don't have any, but I am sure you must be able to buy wine corks from somewhere.  Found on  Mom's Menu Planner
 
 
  
 
 Back to School Luch Ideas from Very Culinary.   I can remember how  difficult it was to make the kid's lunches interesting and delicious.   I am loving the sandwich puzzle! 
 
 
 

No source, but how cute is this little house ornament.   It looks simple enough to make. 
 
 
  
 
 
Creatures made from Clothes pins.  Found here.   What fun!  
 
 
  
 
 
 This fabulous Artist has all sorts of printables for free.  Her name is Erin Lee and you can find these things on Art by Erin Lee
 
 
 
 

You all know I adore anything Scandanavian stule.   I found this on how to decorate your home in Scandinavian Country House Style.   Wowsa.   From Inredningsvis
 
 
 
 
 
 I love the way this simple chest of drawers has been made over to use as a buffet.  From BHG, Creative DIY Flea Market Makeovers
 
 
 
 
 The magic way to clean stove burners.   I just throw mine in the dishwasher, and it doesn't always work too well.   I am gong to try this from  Made From Pinterest
 
 
  
 
 I love LOVE this idea of turning old lightbulbs into hot air balloon art.  From a Hungarian Page.   But it's a totally pictorial tutorial.   I Love the tip about standing the lightbulbs in a bowl of sugar to hold them upright for painting. 
 
 
 
 
 Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments from felt.  I love it!  Found on American Felt & Craft!  I love working with felt.  A complete tutorial. 
 
 
 
 
 What an attractive Passport Wallet to hold all of your family passports when travelling, etc.   Such a simple idea and so attractive.   Found on One Shabby Chic on Etsy.  Digital Download Pattern. 
 
And those are my finds for this week. I hope there was something of interest here for you! 
 
I had the lovely surprise last night of a sweet facetime with my father and sister. It was really nice to see and talk to them!  I miss my family a lot. Its been 7 or so years since I have seen any of them in person. Thank goodness for technology!
 
A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Each day offers us the gift 
of being a special occasion
if we can simply learn 
that as well as giving,
it is blessed to receive with 
grace and a grateful heart.
~Sarah Ban Breathnach•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



We are enjoying an abundance of blackberries this year  Today I am sharing an Easy Blackberry Galette. If you can unroll a sheet of readymade pastry, you can make this deliciously simple tart.  



Have a wonderful Friday and great weekend!  Wherever you go and whatever you do, don't forget that . . .

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too! 



12 comments:

  1. Oh my there truly is nothing like Blackberry Pie...or galette! Made 1 pie and hope to make some more...our grandson asked his mom if he had to wait a whole year to get another...she told him, "Well, we must go pick more blackberries if you want more pie!" haha...
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great answer! My children used to eat more berries than they picked, but oh how they had fun! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy you had a facetime w/ your loved ones! Lots of cute things can vouch for the baguette printables:)They are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Almost as fun as actually being there, but not quite! Love the baguette printables! oxoxo

      Delete
  3. Hard to believe it is Friday already. The end of another week and almost the end of the month. While I didn't do a lot, at least I did do something, which is better than nothing. Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow the weeks keep whizzing by Pam! It always surprises me to find myself at the end of the week! Happy weekend to you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh that dessert! And love the textile mushrooms!
    Re the wine corks - I've seen bags of them in craft stores, so probably you could find them online too.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I will have to check them out! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love that fabric mushroom, Marie. It looks so rich and elegant. I made muffins with blackberries and they were really good. I even liked them better than blueberry muffins and that's saying a lot. Enjoy your weekend. It's the last one of August. Hard to believe. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that sounds great blackberry muffins. I should try them! Hard to believe we are at the end of August. Time just keeps drip, dripping away! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  6. The Blackberry Galette looks delicious.
    I alwys love the crochet item; so fun.
    I really love that you can facetime with your dad and Sister. I can just imagine the joy you have when being able to do this.
    I did enjoy looking through your finds and I am amazed at the variety of ideas. I haven't been on for a while, but I'm happy when I can look at your post. I treasure our friendship. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn. I always love it when you stop by. Love you to pieces. Love, hugs and blessings to you and Roger. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!