Thursday 27 August 2020

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  

(source

Glass Door Knobs . . .  love them. I don't have any, but I love them. Our door knobs over here in the UK are quite different and not that attractive I don't think.
 


White buttons, especially charming ones like this  . . . 


  

Peter Pan Collars  . . . 


Blue and white quilts  . . . 

  

Ornate metal door knobs  . . . 



Cicely Mary Barker's flower fairies  . . . 


  

Cabbage in any way shape or form  . . .  



Pretty picture frames  . . . 

  
(source


Mother Theresa  . . . 


(source)  


Braids, or plaits as they are called here  . . . 


(source)  


Bunny whiskers  . . .  so long as they aren't on my face  . . . 


(source)  


Conservatory breakfast rooms  . . .  


  

Fair Isle Knits  . . . 


 
(source


Brass door knobs  . . . 


(source)  


Embroidery Samplers . . . 



The tales of Beatrix Potter  . . . 


  

This  . . . . 



Beeswax candles . . .  they smell so nice  . . . 


  

All things Tascha  . . . 


(source

Being a mom  . . . 


  

Antique lace  . . . 


(source)  

 Sunflowers . . . 


Its coming  . . .  my favourite time of year  . . . 


  

Pretty door knockers  . . . 


(source)  


Curved stairs  . . . 



Fresh sweet melon  . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
One day you will tell your story
of how you overcame 
what you went through,
and it will be someone else's
survival guide . . . •。★★ 。* 。
~Brene Brown •。★★ 。* 。 



I'm cooking up nostalgia today in The English Kitchen with Hamburger Gravy.  Deliciously simple.

Have a wonderful Thursday. I hope you get to enjoy some of your favourite things! Don't forget! 

 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!   
    
 

 










7 comments:

  1. Lovely favourite things today, Marie. I love Tasha Tudor and have several books about her life. And Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit books. The rain has stopped so hope it will be a nice day here. You'll be thinking about lunch soon and I'll be thinking about breakfast. Autumn is my favourite season, too, especially October. My mom's birthday was October 26th, 1910. That could be why. I love the "ber" months and it will soon be September. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered Tasha in my adult years and I love her work. What an interesting character she was! Its still rainy here! I love the ber months as well, but probably for different reasons! Autumn is my favourite time of year! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Tomorrow would be Tasha Tudor's birthday 8/28. I have made hamburg gravy for years very much like your recipe it is my husband's favorite. if we are in a very big hurry we have it on toast or biscuits. We are turning cold here in NH and some of the leaves are starting to lose their dark green color I am hoping for bright colors but we have been very dry this summer so we will have to wait and see.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a happy Co-incidence Cathy! There is a chill in the air here as well. It is hard to believe we are already at the end of August! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loved all the doorknobs; they are fancier than ours here; at least in my home. I too love curved staircases and would love a home with that.
    The Peter Pan collars are so cute. I am a fan of blue and white so the quilt is a beautiful one.
    I do love flower fairies. I think they are so fun.
    I do think having different frames is cool.
    Do small things with great love; I love the quote and the embroidery.
    I love my granddaughters in braids. Bunnies are the cutest.
    The breakfast room is exactly one that I would love.
    I haven't had those kinds of candles before.
    I love to watch different animal and birds and their little broods of children. They are good moms.
    I do love lace and sunflowers.
    Watermelon is a favorite; we are trying to grow one. Thanks for this fun one.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!