Tuesday 10 August 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, August 10, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its clear and calm. Not sure what to expect with today. Anything could happen. Its still quite early.  Also, the leaves are changing!  What??? I think its too early . . .  sigh . . . 

I am thinking ...
I am going to really have to scramble today to get in all the things I need to do.  I have a deadline to meet for tomorrow and I haven't finished that. I have family coming for dinner tonight. I need to go to the grocery store. I have to get a food blog post ready for tomorrow.  I need more hands! 

I am looking forward to ...
Having my family seated all around my table later today.  Yay! 

I am thankful for ...
See above! 

In the kitchen ... 
 

Everything Bagel Drop Scones, the small batch. Recipe makes six delicious drop scones. And I mean delicious!
 

On my "TO Cook" list ... 


If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen. Scandinavian Almond Bars. 

One of my favourite things ... 


My sister's painting, and I know it is a terrible photograph of it, but I just love this painting. She is so darned talented.

I am wanting to create ...


Fabart DIY. Flat Christmas tree ornaments. 

 

Grateful Prayer, Thankful Heart.  Crochet Snowflakes. 

 

Annies Design Crochet.  Christmas Baubles. 

 

Annies Design. Flower Coasters. 



Your Crochet. Flower Potholders. 

I am reading ...





Fire Along the Sky, by Sara Donati 

A strong, vivid historical novel set against the backdrop of the 1812 war between Britain and America.

Fire Along the Sky is the story of one woman's unforgettable journey across a young nation threatened by the flames of war. 


The year is 1812 and Hannah Bonner has returned to her family's mountain cabin. But Nathaniel and Elizabeth can see that Hannah is not the same woman as when she left. For their daughter has come home without her husband and son, and with a story of loss and tragedy that she can't even bear to tell. 


Yet as Hannah resumes her duties as a gifted healer, she finds that she is slowly healing herself. Little does she realise that she is about to face her greatest challenge ever. Hannah is called away to the war to perform one final act of courage, duty and sacrifice. And in risking everything once more, she may learn to live – and even to love – again. 


Sara Donati’s novel is passionate and compelling. It brilliantly captures the vigorous spirit of its young protagonist, and the setting is one of the most exciting and pivotal eras in American history.


Dreaming About ... 


Old cast iron  . . . 




Misty mornings  . . . 


 

Nordicware  . . . sigh . . . 



Blackberry Ripple  . . . 



Pretty chickens  . . .  why is pleasantly plump only pretty in chickens?


Something to watch ... 


The Nest on Acorn tv.  Saw it when I was in the UK, but am re-watching it. It's good.  


Makes me smile ... 

  


Corners of my kingdom ... 



My brother went flying with one of  his old high school friends last evening. An aerial view of the valley up near Blomidon.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The one who falls and gets up
is so much stronger
than the one who never fell.•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

I am way behind on my comment responses, blog reading, etc.  This is a super busy week. I promise to catch up!!! Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   






5 comments:

  1. You do have a busy day and I hope you are able to get it all done. The reward will be having dinner for and with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie~

    So excited for you to have your family all together...and eating at your house!!! Enjoy!!

    Some really beautiful finds today. It's so strange to think that the leaves are changing...but I have to say, I'm tired of all the hot weather and smoke.

    Have a fun night! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your busy day, Marie. Pace yourself. Enjoy your family dinner. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your going to have a pretty craft tree Marie! One of my Christmas trees has mostly homemade crafts on it. Some I bought from craft fairs, stores that people make to sell and most treasured ornaments that my kids made.
    I love Nordicware too! I have mostly just Bundt pans in my collection! This week I’ll be getting the braided Bundt pan. I can’t wait for the ups guy to arrive with it! Lol
    Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful view of your valley...what a wonderful area you must live in!! Have a wonderful time with kin!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!