Thursday 19 August 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.    

 

This is a picture of Cinnamon that my cousin took yesterday . . . 


This is a picture of Nutmeg.

I'm pretty sure I'm a Spice girl  . . .  😃 . . . Can't wait until later today!  I am so blessed! 

 
(source

Dutch doors . . . 



Wildflowers  . . .  

 

Amsterdam, wanted to go since I was a child and used to look at photographs of it in our encyclopedia. Never got there.  So close and yet so far  . . . 

 


Embroidery  . . .  handiwork  . . . 


 

Blue  . . .  love this set up . . . 


 

Lace  . . . so pretty  . . . 


 

Ornate ceilings  . . . 


 

Verandas  . . . these are particularly pretty  . . . 


 

So pretty  . . . 


 

Viktor Schramm . . . the perfect scent  . . . 


 

Pretty cardigans  . . .  love them  . . . 


 

Bassett Hounds  . . .  now that's a hush puppy  . . . those eyes. 

 

Daniel Huntington . . .  the sketcher . . . 


 

Cathedrals  . . .  such majesty  . . .  


 
 
Quilts  . . . 

 


Pretty brooches  . . . 


 

Pretty maids all in a row  . . . love floral fabrics  . . . 


 


Candles  . . . especially scented ones  . . . 


 

Orange Marmalade, especially Bonne Maman  . . .  

 

Pies  . . .  of any kind  . . . 


 

Snoopy  . . . 


 

Sunflowers  . . .  love them.  

Getting to talk to my father, sister and daughter every day. The new book I'm reading. Watching Friends and Seinfeld each night before I go to bed.  Gilmore Girls. Grey's Anatomy.  So many things I love.

 And those are my favorite things for this week. 

Please spare a loving thought for my cousin Martha and her family as they navigate the loss of their mum yesterday, my dear cousin Polly. I loved Polly so much.  She was a sweet woman and friend to me. Always such an inspiration and beautiful example to me. She was my mother's first cousin. We visited her and her late husband Red at their home in Vermont when we were children. Polly was sassy, and filled with fun. She always shared happy thoughts, crochet projects, and other special things with me on messenger. I will miss her. Love you Polly and am thinking about you tripping the light fantastic with your beloved husband now.  There is a new star in the heavens.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛A negative mind will never 
give you a positive life
.•。★★ 。* 。



In the kitchen today  . . .  Small Batch Fried Chicken (in the air fryer or oven).  Deliciously crisp and juicy. Loved this!

Have a wonderful day. I hope you get to enjoy a few of your favorite things!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  






6 comments:

  1. Such pretty favourites, Marie. Especislly those two little spice kitties. I'm sorry for the loss of Polly. Prayers for her family. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be Cookery Spice, enjoy those kitties today, can’t wait to see all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Spice Girl! How exciting to have your new little buddies come to you! Share some photos and enjoy, enjoy. Hugs, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly tell cinnamon from nutmeg, they are really going to spice up your life for sure! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie~

    Oh my goodness, what adorable little girls...I'm so excited for you! You will have so much fun with them, and they will give you so much love and joy.

    Loved your finds today are lovely! I love the Basset Hound. My grandson has a...Bassadore, a cross between a Lab and a Basset Hound, he is adorable!!

    Excited for an update! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to hear how it goes with your fur baby adoption today! I love cats! They are such loving pets and they do so many funny things that always keep me laughing! Happy Kitty to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!