Friday 27 August 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 
 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you!     

 

Knit List.  A simple baby bib.  
 


Stringy Ding Ding.  Peas in a Pod.  So cute!   

 



Gabi's Paper Dolls.  A whole website devoted only to paper dolls.  I adore paper dolls!  There are Little Women ones and all sorts on this page.   

 


Look, its Frida Kahlo!   


Delicious Magazine.  Limoges Style Potato Pie.  This looks incredibly tasty.  Rich and tasty.  If its in a crust or on a crust, I am there!  

 

 

The Postman's Knock. How to make deliverable Mail Art.  
 

Dear Chrissy.  Free Printables to help you get organized.   



Sunny Day Family.  Love Marie Kondo.   

 


Filling the Jars.  Who doesn't need this kind of help!   



Crochet Katabara.  Crocheted Surprise Eggs. Cute!   

 


No source, but how cute are these. Regular sized cookie cutters with 1/4th scale scenes by Joanne Whisenhunt.  



North Country Nest.  They are made using mason jar lid rings and scrap fabrics. 




Rocky Hedge Farm.  Scented Salt Dough.   



Four Calling Birds by Megan Kreiner on Ravelry.  



Love Knitting.  Santa and his Elves.  Wish I was a better knitter. 

 

 


Dot Pebbles. Knitted Chickens. Three French Hens . . .  




Polka Dot Chair.  Reading Pillows.   

 


So Very Crafty. How to make a closet safe.  Love this idea. 




Pixie Hill, Wee Walnut Tutorial.  Plus there is a video.   

 


Faced with a Tomato glut?  How to make your own Tomato Paste.  From The Kitchn


I've seen lots of pretty lacy Christmas Angel Ornaments before, but I have never seen any like these.  I like them!  From Ravelry. Roswitha Meuller. quick and easy, crochet. 
 


Martha Stewart.  How to make an envelope Book with a cloth binding.  I want to do this.   


I could find no source for this, so if you know whose it is, tell me and I will add it.  It's a brilliant pictorial tutorial on a simple book binding method. 



Tea Rose Home.  A complete tutorial on a bottlecap, magentic stickable pin cushion.  
 

 


From Make.  How to make a sewing kit from a glasses case.     
 
 


Isn't That Sew.  Pattern making Basics.  This could be very handy.  I have a few tops that I like that are wearing out that I can't buy anymore.  I could make my own. 



The Sewing Loft.  This could also come in very handy. Rolled Hem Basics. 

 


Yes!  Granny Square Tea Cosy Pattern.  Not free, but not overly expensive either. From MacKenzie Patterns on Etsy. 
 

Little Letter Needle Book Tutorial.  From Kelly Rachel. 
 

Vintage Inspired Dinner Roll Basket.  From the Pattern Pile.  Free pattern and video tutorial.   
 

From Classic Elite Yarns,  a free pattern for this beautifully lacy shawl. So beautiful.


And those are my finds for this week!  Hope there was something here for you! 


A thought to carry with you . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° With pomp, power and glory,
the world beckons vainly;
In chase of such vanities,
why should I roam?
While peace and content
bless my little thatched cottage,
And warm my own hearth
with treasures of home.
~Beatrix Potter  •。★★ 。* 。  
 

In The English Kitchen today, Chicken Tinga Tacos for two.  Deliciously simple! 

Have a fabulous Friday!  My sister and I are going to Walmart this morning, but first we are meeting our dad for breakfast!  So an early start!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 


11 comments:

  1. If only we had time to do them all. Enjoy your breakfast with your dad and have fun at Wal-Mart. I love eating breakfast out. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know what you mean Elaine! So many want to do projects, so little time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the various Christmas ornaments, especially the cookie cutters and little birds. No heat warning for my part of Ontario today, and a nice breeze through the windows. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday Linda! I would love to be able to make some of those projects! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Enjoy breakfast with you Dad, and shopping with your sister. Definitely worth the early start !

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an abundance of Roma tomatoes in our garden, thank you so much for posting the tomato paste recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I loved all your finds today, but especially loved all the cute Christmas ideas...can you believe it's just around the corner?! You really find the most amazing things, thank you for sharing them with us! Love the Beatrix Potter poem. It's so true, why should we wander, we have all we need at home, I love it! Love you too, Marie, have a great week-end XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be here before we know it Barb! You have a great week also! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Lovely finds! Thank you for sharing these good things.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!