Monday 16 August 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   

 

What a wonderful week I had last week with my family.  Having my brother and sister in law visiting, we built some really lovely memories together.  It was really nice getting to spend time with them and with my father and sister/Dan as a family together.  Family is so important. You share a history with them that you share with nobody else.  I am so very grateful for mine. 

 

Every day I get two phone calls in the morning, and two later in the day, one about mid-day, and then an online conversation about 5 o'clock or so.  Dad, Cindy and Eileen.  Its called love and I am so grateful for being loved.  


I picked up Eileen and Tim yesterday afternoon.  They came over to help me flatten boxes, get rid of plastic, etc.  I made supper for us all afterwards. I had been going to do laundry with them, but Eileen said it was Tim's job to do laundry, lol  So who was I to argue with that!  She does make me laugh.

They were here for about 3 hours and we had some pretty good laughs together.  Family is a special blessing, at least for me it is. Maybe I am just super blessed to have a good one!
 

After I took Eileen and Tim home, my sister stopped by.  I had some newspapers for her (She uses them in her litter box) and she brought me these two things. My mom knitted tons of these hand dryer towels.  I had to leave all of mine behind in the UK, so my sister brought me one and then this plastic drinks holder.  These held our breakfast drink all the days of our growing up lives.  She thought I might like one of them.   I was trying to think of what it smelled like and I figured it out this morning. Tang.    Childhood.  Love. 
 

My cousin is dropping these two off Thursday after her son's swimming lesson.   My sister and I are going to PetSmart tomorrow to pick up gear for them.  I want to get two litter boxes.  I was reading somewhere that having two is better.  I also want to get a scratching post and some toys for them. A place for them to sleep, etc.  Can't wait! 
 
Cinnamon and Nutmeg are coming home on Thursday. 😀 



Spending time at my online UK church early on Sunday mornings and then getting to go to my regular in person church later in the morning. What a special blessing it is for me to get to see some of my old friends and congregation and then being able to be with the new ones and partake of the sacrament. One of my old friends from the UK was messaging me during UK church as she is watching it online as well, because she cannot attend in person due to health reasons.  It was nice to hear from her. Tina also calls me for a facetime once or twice a week, as does my friend Carolyn.   Being twice fed on a Sunday and having contact with lifetime friends are extra special blessings.  Friendships that remain no matter the distance.  
 

Flowers, cards, paintings, etc. Being loved is the most wonderful thing. If you know you are loved then you can get through just about anything.  Humbled I am, by these sweet gifts from others.  Add to that Ice Cream Cake, pizza, bird houses, vintage glassware, etc.  I am truly blessed and loved beyond measure. 
 

Hummingbirds, chipmunks and sunny days.  Hot sunny days . . .  Life is very, very good,and about to get even better. Pinch me because I must be dreaming! 


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.No-one is useless in the world
who lightens the burden of it
for anybody else.
~Charles Dickens° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
  


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad for two. Deliciously simple.

Busy day today. I have to go and do some banking, plus I have a huge deadline to meet. A letter to write and get posted.  A card to write and get posted, etc. Mom always said there was no rest for the wicked.  I am okay with that!  A busy life is a life that is full.  Have a wonderful day!  Be happy and blessed and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


 

PS - I keep meaning to tell you that I accidentally emptied my e-mail box completely last week and lost all of my e-mails, so if I am owing you one or you think I am ignoring you, nothing could be further from the truth!  I had embroidered some teatowels for someone that requested them, but cannot message her to find out where to send them, etc. because I cannot find their e-mail!  Help!!



13 comments:

  1. So exciting Nutmeg and Cinnamon are coming to their forever home. They will bring their love with them. Have fun. You have a busy day planned. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I am way behind on comments. I am sorry for that! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Excited for you and your littles! Shenanigans are in store lol.
    Happy things took a sharp turn in your life..like so sharp! Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we shall see. They are really young! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. You do have wonderful family and friends that have helped you to get through some trying times. Their love and support does mean a lot. Like you I have so much to do, I'll never get done. At least we are never bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was certainly warm + fuzzy!! Yay!
    I loved reading each and every sentence--Your happiness is contagious!

    I had lost your blog and alas, only could follow you on Instagram, so it is with a big delight to finally read you again.
    Such a very good writer and woman you are, indeed.
    However, may you steer me in the direction as to what you must have written about your English husband who hopefully is still in jail?
    Simply tell me which date you wrote it, so you don't have to relive it again by telling me.
    I had been following you —and when you were able to flee from his betrayal. Then you were saved by your family and a few friends. Whew!
    But Then I lost you!!
    Now I have a new laptop and have been able to enjoy your kindness, recipes and stories again.
    Please continue to enjoy this life that is yours and thanks again for sharing all the goodness you have with us. And those recipes, too!!

    101 hugs,
    Teri Byrne
    Parkdale, Oregon aka FuzzySlipper on Instagram :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://andthenweallhadtea.blogspot.com/2020/11/first-you-cry.html

      You are right Teri, I don’t necessarily want to relive it. Thank you. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oh, such a happy post! Better and better times ahead….xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to meet Cinnamon and Nutmeg ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Becky! Right now they are sleeping under the sofa. I’m sure it’s quite stressful for them! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!