Monday 9 August 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

  


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  

 
Being able to view church twice on a Sunday all of these months has been a special blessing to me. When I had first arrived back here and was finding my way emotionally and otherwise, it provided a safe and well needed emotional connection to that and those who were familiar, and I was very grateful for that connection. Now it helps to feed me twice spiritually on a Sunday and I am grateful for that.  I am so pleased it will continue for me. (I know I that sounds selfish.)  It will continue also for those who are unable to get out, shut-ins etc. 


 

Meet Nutmeg (on the left) and Cinnamon (on the right).  Yes, I could not resist and will pay for keeping them somehow.  I went with my sister to see the babies yesterday and I will/should be able to bring them home in two weeks time so I will have to do a bit of prep before then.  Nutmeg is a little boy and has four white paws, white cheeks and a white belly. Cinnamon is a girl and has caramel colored paws and belly and likes to groom herself and everyone else. They captured my heart with their sweet little faces and personalities. My home will be filled with love. And yes, they will be neutered as soon as they can be so I don't end up with ten cats.  I am in love.

It was also really nice to see my cousin and her little boy.  Sheri is the most amazing woman and reminds me so much of her mom, my late Aunt Freda. She has always been a single mum and is one of the best mothers I've ever witnessed.  She has devoted her life to the care of her little boy. She was always so good to my mum also through the years.  Mom loved Sheri and her son Sawyer very much. One of the photos I have of mom is of her holding Sawyer when he was just a wee baby. She used to bake him cookies and all sorts. For many years when mom had no children nearby, Sheri was like a daughter to mom. I will always be grateful for that. 


Getting to finally see my brother David and his wife Christine!  It was such a wonderful reunion.  I had not seen David in over 8 years and I think it had been over 18 for Christine! Christine never ages. She always looks the same.  She never changes. Always looks very young, no wrinkles or anything. 

 

They have been married for over 34 years. She was such a beautiful bride.  We all flew up to Ottawa for their wedding and it was a really special time for us as a family. I am so proud of my brother and his wife.  They have always been wonderful examples to me of life being done well. That doesn't mean they haven't had challenges, but they have mastered whatever challenges have come their way.  They have four lovely girls and are good, kind, charitable and giving people. I love them to pieces. 

And it is so wonderful that we get to spend this week together! Who knows when we will have the chance again. 

 

Family Dinners, with Cindy, Dan and Dad, and yesterday Dave and Chris.  They are the best.  My sister cooks the best roast beef and yesterday she had also made a raisin pie!  I haven't had raisin pie in years.   What a great blessing that was!  (The get together, not the pie, but the pie was also really good!) Dad had forgotten one of his hearing aids so I am not sure he could hear a lot of what everyone was saying, but he was enjoying it all the same.  It was just a good, good time and we have more of the same to look forward to today!

I best get off here and get started or I will never get all the things done that I need to get done.  My life is filled with so much joy at the moment, my cup does runneth over.   I am reminded of that scripture which says, Weeping may remain for the night but joy commeth in the morning. (Psalm 30:5) 

A thought to carry with you . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is my strength and 
my portion forever. 
~Psalm 73:26•。★★ 。* 。
 

 

In The English Kitchen today, Bucatini All'Amatriciani.  This is deliciously simple to make.  Thoroughly enjoyable. 

I hope you have a wonderful week. May it be filled with many small and wonderful things and some big things that also bring you joy.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

right where you are! 

And I do too!  
 




7 comments:

  1. Two kittens - yeah! Dave and Chris - yeah! So much to be happy about. Enjoy every minute of their visit. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable kitties. Fantastic family get togethers. Savour every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitties:)Happy for you and the reunion and your cup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 2 kitties...well, they should keep each other company as well as you! They are pretty! Glad your brother and wife arrived ok and you all are having a grand time!! Wonderful news!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! The kitties will be such fun for you - I am happy that you are keeping two of them together. And your family doings are wonderful - so very happy for you.
    The recipe looks delicious - want some now! Lol!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have some more ‘good, good times’ ….enjoy every minute! Know you will, there’s such joy in your words. xo, V
    ps…what a beautiful wedding photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kittens are adorable Marie! I’m so glad that your out and about enjoying life with family! I can tell your happy just by reading your post! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!