Monday 30 August 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
  

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.    

 

Having dinner with my family. My sister was cooking roast beef for dinner yesterday and invited me to come over and share with them. I was more than happy to. I love to have dinner with my family, and my sister cooks a nice dinner, always. Family dinners are the best.  I missed having them all of these last twenty odd years and am making up for it now! 
 

Living close enough to my family that they can just pop onto their bicycles and drop by.  Cindy and Dan dropped by yesterday and it was a lovely surprise.  Cinnamon and Nutmeg enjoyed their visit also! 


 After we do the dishes and before I come home, I always enjoy walking around my sister's garden with her. She has the tallest cosmos I have ever seen! Some of them are literally six feet tall!  Amazing.  Dan and she have built a little Shangri La for themselves there.  With resident wood pigeons that wander around cooing and purring, chipmunks, plenty of flora, birds, and a really peaceful atmosphere. 

Everyone's gardens are starting to look a bit tired now. Its that time of year. I remember when I lived down in Kent, walking through the Orchards this time of year and how strangely quiet they would be except for the crunching of the acorns underneath the feet. No bird song, just the odd rustle. And all the wild flowers going to seed, the smell of apples and pears . . .  seems a lifetime ago. 
 

The bountiful harvest we are enjoying at the moment of fresh local fruits and vegetables. The apples will be starting soon. I should make some of my fruit pickle. I have not made it in years.  I used to make it every autumn.  Only problem is I would never get it all used up.  I could give it away as gifts though.  Food for thought there.  It was a type  of chili sauce and had peaches, tomatoes, pears, onions, peppers, etc. in it. It was really nice. 
 
 

The lack of clutter in my home.  I have wanted this for years now. Tidy and clutter free. Now all I have to do is to keep from cluttering it up. It can be done! 

 

My faith which helps to keep me grounded.  I have always been a very spiritual person.  I have always believed in God and Jesus Christ.  I trust in them and they have never let me down. Life is hard. Its hard for everyone, albeit in different ways. We all have challenges to face and to meet.  Some of us more than others. My faith in them has helped me always to be able to overcome my challenges or to at least cope with them. 


That's how I am getting through life. Relying on the strong arm of the Lord.  He hasn't let me down yet. Perhaps I am just a lucky one.  I know I am a blessed one.
 
Crusts of bread. Manna from Heaven.  He showers me every day. My life is a bountiful life. It has always been a bountiful life. I have always been blessed to have enough. I know that many do not.  I am one of the wealthy few. 
 
 
These two little monkeys. My delightful companions. They sure have livened things up around here. My life is full.

I have much to be grateful for and I thank my Heavenly Father for it all, multiple times every day.  I am one very blessed person.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.As I took the time to put God's word
before the world, my day was 
shaped by Him instead of by me.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。



In The English Kitchen today, creamy Coconut Chicken Tikka Masala for Two. If you like a good curry, it doesn't get much better than this one! Quick, easy and delicious! 

I hope your week ahead is filled with a multitude of small and wonderful things. Whatever you get up to don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  







4 comments:

  1. The world is full of wonderful things. Family, friends and pets are the most wonderful. We are all so very blessed. Cindy and Dan's garden sounds lovely. Do you have a backyard, Marie? Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's I'mportant tp cpunt your blessings and share them with others so we can show how thankful we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cosmos. Family times are precious. Adorable kitty photos, seems they are well settled in. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    You really are blessed my friend. What a blessing it is for you to live close to your family, that along with faith will take you far! Those cute little kittens just make me smile, they really are little monkeys!

    Have a great Monday! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!