Thursday 12 August 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   

 
(source)  


Getting anything other than junk mail . . .  



 


Horses, they are such majestic creatures  . . .  

 
(source

Painting  . . .  especially with my sister  . . .  


 
(source

Doughnuts  . . .  

 


Birthdays  . . .  happy to be still alive  . . . 


 

Railway lanterns  . . . 


 
(source

The Union Jack  . . . it used to be our flag too . . . 

 


Queen Anne's lace  . . . 


 


Snowy owls  . . . 

 


Birdhouses  . . . 


 

Pretty little flowers  . . . 


 


Coneflowers  . . . 

 


Watermelon  . . . 


 

Parties . . . . 


 

Pretty cutlery and linens  . . .  especially linens . . . 


 
(source

Ice Lollies  . . . 

 

Journaling  . . . 

 


Buttons  . . .  lost my button box  . . .  

 


Family times, they are the best of times  . . .  

And those are my favourite things for this week. What are some of yours?

I ended up going on an impromptu trip up to the farm market with my sister yesterday morning to get some bean bacon. Of course we left with a few other bits, as you do.  Nicest part . . .  being able to do this with my sister.  And then of course having a fish and chips supper together with family.  Yes, we all did the fish thing! LOL What are we like! 

Today everyone's coming here for baked beans.  I am going to try to do them in the slow cooker.  Wish me luck!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*.˛.There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as if nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if everything is a miracle.
~Albert Einstein   •。★★ 。*  


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies  . . . small batch.

Have a wonderful day. I hope you get to enjoy a few of your favorite things!  Don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  





5 comments:

  1. I have a notice on my mailbox to leave only addressed mail as the junk mail was getting way too much. Lovely things today. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marie! Doesn't everyone like ‘snail mail’ ? Lovely favorites today, thanks for the inspiration. Have a fabulous day with your family. xo,V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy at your house!! I made us some chocolate mayo cake yesterday (we watched a youtube thing on 15 foods of the past that have come back in the past couple years and that was one). It is gluten free for us, of course, turned out ok...just some canned fake whipped cream on top was enough...wishing you more happy times with family!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    It is so good to hear the peace in your "voice", I can actually feel it through your words. It makes me happy that you are with your family...nothing better!

    I can't wait to try your cookie recipe...I love molasses cookies!

    Have a great week...XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!