Tuesday 3 August 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, August 3, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its overcast. I am not sure what the weather will bring today. It bucketed down for most of yesterday. I didn't mind overly much as we need the rain.  It was also quite a bit cooler, reminding me that autumn will be upon us before we know it.

I am thinking ...
I ponder each day how I can possibly mend the rift between my two lost sheep. I have come to the conclusion that until I know what it wrong, I cannot, and without any contact I will never know what went wrong. So I think there is no possible way forward, but then I remember I believe in a God of miracles. Hope is never lost.

I am looking forward to ... 
Seeing my brother at the end of this week! 

I am thankful for ...
Everything. Just everything. 

In the kitchen ... 

Ginger Cream Bars. Moist and delicious with a cream cheese frosting and a garnish of candied ginger and toasted walnuts. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Chelsea's Messy Apron. Mango Salad. This looks really good! 

One of my favorite things ... 

 

Aga stoves. There was one in the kitchen at the big house when I worked there. It was the only source of heat in the kitchen in the winter and it was lovely.  A great place to curl up by, not that I did much curling up, but it would have been a great place to do so . . . 

I am wanting to create ... 


Stitches and Scraps.  Granny square gift card envelopes.  



 


Starburst Hot Pad.  Find the pattern here.   



 

 

.Lillilies  Little crochet house motif.  Sweet.  



 

 

Make Your Own Zone. String Christmas Trees.





Do Dodson Designs. Wood Block Gnomes. 
 
I am reading ... 






Fire Along the Sky, by Sara Donati 

A strong, vivid historical novel set against the backdrop of the 1812 war between Britain and America.

Fire Along the Sky is the story of one woman's unforgettable journey across a young nation threatened by the flames of war. 


The year is 1812 and Hannah Bonner has returned to her family's mountain cabin. But Nathaniel and Elizabeth can see that Hannah is not the same woman as when she left. For their daughter has come home without her husband and son, and with a story of loss and tragedy that she can't even bear to tell. 


Yet as Hannah resumes her duties as a gifted healer, she finds that she is slowly healing herself. Little does she realise that she is about to face her greatest challenge ever. Hannah is called away to the war to perform one final act of courage, duty and sacrifice. And in risking everything once more, she may learn to live – and even to love – again. 


Sara Donati’s novel is passionate and compelling. It brilliantly captures the vigorous spirit of its young protagonist, and the setting is one of the most exciting and pivotal eras in American history.


Have only just started this. But I am loving it.  


Dreaming about ... 


 
(source
 
Cute little bunnies  . . . 

 
(source

Petifours . . .  to pretty to eat. 

 
(source
 
Pretty bias tapes  . . . 

 
(source

Pretty fabrics  . . . 

 



Candle light  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

The Heart Guy on Acorn  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

 


Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

Aylesford Lake  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Give every day the chance to become
the most beautiful day of your life.
~Mark Twain•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   




11 comments:

  1. Bonne Journée..does anyone in your family know? Surely this weight is a lot to carry..and it would help if you knew the reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure people know but are not saying because they don't want to get involved. I think my ex could fix it but won't because he's seen what they are like and doesn't want to risk alienating them from himself.

      Delete
  2. Are your older children in contact with their siblings? Could they talk to them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not happening. One has tried, but they are very stubborn people.

      Delete
  3. Oh, it’s so hard, confusing and painful to bear a family rift. Sending you good wishes for a resolution sometime soon. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, Marie...there are some who completely shun us too...we THINK we know why, maybe...but it not anything we will change to suit them (our faith). And you know we have 1 child we only seldom hear from...again we THINK we know why but there is nothing we can do, that we have not done, so have no answers to change it. It is surely your 2 lost ones loss to disregard you so and here you are now in their area even... My husband says to me at times when I lament, "GOD loves them more than we do." And it is true. The one thing they can never control, Marie, is our prayers. And we should always feel free to pour out our hearts to GOD. About anyone or anything. I am sure you do. We, as you no doubt, try to always remain grateful for the ones who do love us!! I think some are maybe just born with a defective gene when it comes to relationships...maybe unable to be close. One day they will probably realize the one thing we cannot do is to recapture time lost... Hang in there, friend!! And never let the "NOT given" spoil the "given"!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that blood was thicker than water, but apparently not! I will not let it ruin what is left of my life however Elizabeth. I can live with myself.

      Delete
  5. Don't dispair, Marie. There is always hope. Perhaps your dad could talk to them? He is their grandfather. Or maybe your brother when he is here. Family dynamics. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately they don't have anything to do with any of my family. I think that breaks my heart more. How many people have the chance to know their great grandparents? And yet these children have missed out on that opportunity with my mother and now my father. And my father does speak of how much it hurts him. Nothing I can do. As you say family dynamics. Love and hugs.

      Delete
  6. Always a fun daybook entry.
    Back t mending your rift with your children. I know that Heavenly Father knows our heart. As you keep you covenants with him, He will bring the miracle you seek for. Read the book; "The Contrite Spirit - How the Temple Helps Us Apply Christ's Atonement by the Hafen's.Itit is a remarkable book.
    The food looked so yummy! Then of course, there is the crocheted items that I always love.
    Christmas it is coming sooner than not.
    Your book is tempting me; "Fire Along The Sky". I love that era of writing. I desire to read a novel soon. I should at least get one in this summer.
    I want to hold that cute kitten.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!