Tuesday 13 April 2021

 

 

FOR TODAY, April 13, 2021

Outside my window...
Its overcast, but according to the weather thingie on my iPad its supposed to turn nice. We will see. I am baking bread today.

I am thinking ...
I finally was able to book an appointment for my Covid vaccine next Monday morning locally. My sister managed to book appointments for herself and dad as well. She goes on Wednesday and dad on Thursday.  Three separate locations. All fairly local however. Plus the second shots are also booked for August. Now all I have to keep telling myself is if the Queen can risk it, so can I.

I am thankful for ...
My daughter whom I speak to every single day.  Eileen. We've been talking every day with very few exceptions for quite a few years now.  I am so grateful for this girl who takes the time. I know she doesn't have a family to care for, which makes a difference, but still, the fact that she takes the time means a lot to me. I will never complain about it.

In the kitchen ... 

 

Chocolate Chip Snack Cake. I've been baking this cake for my family for over 40 years now. Its a tried and true from my Big Blue Binder.

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Plum Street Collective.  Cinnamon Nutella Chocolate Babka.  Looks fabulous! 

One of my favorite things ...

 

Watermelon  . . .  love, LOVE it!

Good to know ... 

 

True that  . . . 

I am wanting to create ... 

 


Susan Gonzales Designs.  Bushel and a Peck.  Love this. 

 

Crochet Life. Free dishcloth pattern. 

 

The House that Lars Built.  Clothespin people ornaments.
 

 

Art Campla.  Egg Carton Fairy Dolls.  So cute. 

 

My father's blanket so far.  Based on 8by6's pattern for the rectangular blanket. The colours are a bit more masculine I think.

I am reading ... 

 

The Nature of Fragile Things, by Susan Meissner

April 18, 1906: A massive earthquake rocks San Francisco just before daybreak, igniting a devouring inferno. Lives are lost, lives are shattered, but some rise from the ashes forever changed. 

 Sophie Whalen is a young Irish immigrant so desperate to get out of a New York tenement that she answers a mail-order bride ad and agrees to marry a man she knows nothing about. 

San Francisco widower Martin Hocking proves to be as aloof as he is mesmerizingly handsome. Sophie quickly develops deep affection for Kat, Martin's silent five-year-old daughter, but Martin's odd behavior leaves her with the uneasy feeling that something about her newfound situation isn't right. 

 Then one early-spring evening, a stranger at the door sets in motion a transforming chain of events. Sophie discovers hidden ties to two other women. The first, pretty and pregnant, is standing on her doorstep. The second is hundreds of miles away in the American Southwest, grieving the loss of everything she once loved. 

 The fates of these three women intertwine on the eve of the devastating earthquake, thrusting them onto a perilous journey that will test their resiliency and resolve and, ultimately, their belief that love can overcome fear. From the acclaimed author of The Last Year of the War and As Bright as Heaven comes a gripping novel about the bonds of friendship and mother love, and the power of female solidarity. 

I have only just started this book.

Looking Forward To ...
Baking bread today. I love homemade bread.

Dreaming About ... 

 

Bright pillows  . . . 

 

Lace collars  . . . 

 

SMEG . . .  so nice . . . ultra expensive . . . 

 

A place to write  . . . 

 

Rag rugs and wood floors  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

The Other Side of Heaven 2: Fire of Faith

I had seen the first one and so the other night I rented this one for myself to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I highly recommend.

A quote for the day ... 
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
We please Him most, not by frantically trying to make ourselves
good, but by throwing ourselves into His arms with all our
imperfections and believing that He understands everything, and
still loves us. ~A W Tozer
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

Makes me smile ...


Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

The Cabot Trail.  I hope to go one day  . . . 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 * Our prayers may be awkward,
our attempts may be feeble.
But since the power of prayer is
in the one who hears it and not
in the one who says it, our prayers
do make a difference.
~Max Lucado•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   









7 comments:

  1. Had my first 2 days ago..Great experience..Impeccable lieu ..impeccable ..nice staff.In and out..Aug 1rst next.
    No apprehensions..I follow Dr Noc on IG he has been the most reassuring.. Not sure I would have a young person under 17 vaccinated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are finally able to get the vaccine. I'd say it's such a relief to know you are protected. A relief for sure. Good your daughter takes the time to call you, mine does too. I need to talk to a human everyday since I'm here by myself all the time. She makes a big difference in my life too. We don't always talk very long, but I know she wants to check up on me, making sure all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to book your vaccine. I had mine yesterday, just a bit of a sore arm today. Very well organized and helpful. The Cabot Trail is gorgeous, hope you get to visit one day. We visited for our honeymoon just over 50 years ago, had planned to go back but covid disrupted that idea. Maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your post today, Marie. Glad you're all getting the vaccine. Love the colours you chose for your dad's afghan. Masculine but bright and cheery. Off to make a buttermilk cake (your recipe). Take care. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going for our second vaccine shots this Friday. Here in the states, it's only 3 weeks between them. Probably will have to have boosters later I imagine. We get the flu shot every year, so imagine it will be like that. Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your Dad's blanket will be done in no time!
    I can't wait for the watermelon and black cherries to come in season! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good daybook entry. I loved it. Your Dad's blanket looks so awesome. It is more manly.
    I'm happy to hear you can get the vaccine shots. That is the best ever.
    I copied your Chocolate Chip snack recipe too. I must try it. I think I am hungry today for chocolate.
    I'd love the red hair of the girl with the collar. Of course, you crocheted items always catch my interest. I just need to jump in and do it again.
    Your book sounds very intriguing. I will look into it.
    I do hope you get that desk to write on. You must write a novel. I think you could.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!