Monday 12 April 2021

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard


A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 

 

Facetimes with Tina.  I love that even though we are thousands of miles apart we can still get together and talk and share.  I think aside from Jo (who was the housekeeper at the Manor), Tina was the best friend I made in the UK.  There is Carolyn also, who was and is a dear friend.  I don't really have any here yet, but you know Covid.  I expect in time I will make friends. 

I have always been a person who makes friends, and keeps friends.  I have people in my life I have been friends with since I was 6 years old.  None of them actually live here though. I have many good friends in Canada (you know who you are), just none that live close by.

 

Sunny days.  I love sunny days and we have had some spectacular ones, with warm temperatures as well.  Yesterday afternoon from my bedroom window I watched a pair of robins out back for quite a while.  The male was looking quite puffed up with himself.  There was also a pair of blue jays, some chickadees and then the chipmunk.  I watched her for quite a while. Nature is fascinating to me, and a sunny day is the best way to observe it. 

 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 5:6-7

Grateful that in this troubled world and that in these troubled times I have found the peace that passes all understanding.  Jesus Christ IS the light. 

 

The gift of today.  I try not to take my days for granted and treat each day for the gift that it is.  I think as you start to get older, you realize that each day truly is a most precious and wonderful gift.  I am grateful for my ability to treat each day as "My favorite day."  I try to anyways, even if I don't always succeed.

 

In my case a slice of rye bread and a cup of  something fruity. I like herbal teas with red fruits, although lately I have also been enjoy spiced apple. Tea and toast. It is a simple pleasure. Some days I long for a simple piece of toast hot and dripping with butter . . .  but I think my days of enjoying that pleasure are now gone.  

 

Spring is springing  . . .  the trees are coming into bud. The birds are nesting. The grass is greening up.  Bulbs are coming up. 

 

Some days are more ordinary than others.  Some days this requires a lot of work.  But it can be done. 

 

Knowing this truth and being able to rest in it's promise.  Some days you just feel like saying out loud, God, are you there?  Its me.  Blessed is the person who receives a reassurance in their heart and sometimes even a tangible answer to that question. Its happened to me many times . . .  the tangible answer. So many times that I know He is there, without a doubt. 

 

Ariana and Jose are expecting another baby.  She is due the 17th October.  A baby sister or brother for Grace. This makes me happy. I am so pleased for them. 

 
 

Stars . . . they're millions of miles away but they always make me wonder . . . and wish.  Who has never wished on that first star that appears in the night sky, or that last one which disappears of a morning . . . or the one that streaks across the sky as it falls to the earth . . . wishing on a star.   It's a good thing.  It contains all the wonder of childhood and the promise of hope.  I always wish on stars.   And sometimes my wishes even come true.



Each of you.   You are all flowers in the garden of my heart and I think . . . pretty wonderful!


 

Living life with an attitude of gratitude.  It makes a huge difference.  Seeking out the small blessings in every day life, finding them and giving them voice.  This makes me very happy.  This brings me peace.  Dwelling on positivity.  I acknowledge the sad, but then I try to let it go . . . there is ever so much more to be happy about.


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Difficult roads 
often lead to
beautiful destinations.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  5 Star Pasta Recipes to Please.  25 of my favorite pasta recipes, easy and delicious, plus my handy hints and tips to ensure that your pasta is cooked to perfection each and every time.


Have a beautiful week. I hope that it is filled to overflowing with an abundance of small and wonderful things. Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.






5 comments:

  1. Such exciting news that Ariana and Jose are expecting their second baby and Grace will be a big sister. That's a lovely picture of Tina and Tony. Whatever would we do without our friends? Tea and toast? Sounds like breakfast. Enjoy your day. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day and week..sweet news re Ariana:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring has sprung here too. It was a beautiful day yesterday seeing all the leaves coming out on the trees and many of them in bloom. It was rainy day but still just gorgeous. The lovely daffodils and blooming forsythia bushes really bralghtend up the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely that you get to facetime with friends and also that Ariana is having another baby!! Much to be said for having friends of many years too!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Ariana and Jose on having another baby!
    I finally see my purple crocuses in the front and back of my house! So pretty! Spring's here!
    It will be in the 60s today, instead of the 50s.
    Stay safe and healthy!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!