Friday 9 April 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!   


 

I am going to try this next time I have a headache.

 

 Makes sense  . . . this is quite handy to know.

  

 
No source, but you don't need one.  The shape of this cloth scarf depends on where you put the button or the button hole. 

 

I love this skirt although for me it would have to be a whole lot longer.  New Girl Skirt from Allison Dykhuizen on Ravelry.  Not free but not expensive either.   

 

Its just knit squares. Pour Mes Jolies Momes. It speaks to my bright colour loving heart. 

 

All Free Knitting.  Patch Sampler Throw.  An opportunity to try out a bunch of different stitches.  

 

Its Always Autumn.  Easy Tee Shirt Midi Dress Sewing Tutorial. 

 


Sew Much Ado.  Reusable Swifter Duster Cloths.  

 


Mom4Real.  Homemade Dishwasher Tabs.  A simple recipe using simple ingredients. 

 

Bullet Journaling, header templates. Kate Louise.   

 

How to choose the right size jar.  I never knew any of this!  

 

A vintage recipe for a Pineapple Cheesecake.  I always loved this. You can find a printable alternative here on Recipe Curio.  Great site by the way, lots of vintage recipes, etc. 


 

Granny Triangle Shawl. B Hooked Crochet. Free video tutorial. Very easy.    

 


The Sewing Loft.  This could also come in very handy. Rolled Hem Basics. 


Little Letter Needle Book Tutorial.  From Kelly Rachel. 

 


Vintage Inspired Dinner Roll Basket.  From the Pattern Pile.  Free pattern and video tutorial.   
 


I Dream Of Jeannie Marie.  How to sew buttons on so they look like a flower.  Cute!  Complete Tutorial.  

 

Travel Watercolour kit made from an Altoid Tin.  From The Instructables.   

 

Brome Fields.  Beginner Scarf/Cowl Pattern. Free.   

 

C&T Publishing.  A tutorial on making this sweet wee village town pillow.  I love it! 


Handmade Felt Covered Pocket Journals.  From Rosie Pink.  

 

Knitting Bee, free patterns for a trio of knitted dishcloths.  Love these.   

 

Bee In My Bonnet, row along tutorial for this sweet quilt.   

 


Makezine.  How to crochet a window valence.

 

Gathering Beauty.  Origami rectangular boxes.  

Whew!  And those are my finds for this week!  I hope you found something useful here! 

 

Saddened this morning to read of the passing of His Royal Highness, The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.  My deepest condolences to the Queen and her family.

 A thought to carry with you . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°For what its worth:
Its never too late to be
whoever you want to be.
I hope you live a life you're proud of,
and if you find that you're not,
I hope you have the strength
to start over.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald  .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


 

In The English Kitchen today, Eating with Diabetes.  A bunch of hints and tips on how to control your diet, plus a plethora of recipes I have cooked that are Diabetic friendly. 

Have a wonderful Friday. It was really mild here yesterday.  I was enjoying having my bedroom window open and listening to all of the birdsong. So beautiful!

Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too! 
























12 comments:

  1. Very sad news indeed that Prince Philip has died. Queen Elizabeth will be heartbroken. Lots of fun Friday things to ponder over. Hope you have a bright, sunny day, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t imagine Elaine. She will miss him dreadfully. They’ve been together for so long. I wonder how much longer she will be with us. Many close couples don’t last long without each other. I love the royals. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. So sad to hear of the death of Prince Phillip. He was a great man who will be sadly missed. May he R.I.P. My sympathies to the Queen and his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a lot that people probably weren’t even aware of Pam! He will be sorely missed by all. Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love that little travel watercolour kit. I did my second Zoom class for watercolour yesterday. Not sure if it is my craft, but it is good to learn new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s always nice to learn something new Linda! Zoom is such a great tool! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, so many projects to consider today!! Sad for the Queen, as it is never easy loosing someone you love and have lived with for so long!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will really miss him Elizabeth!such a sad year for her this year, with Covid and the other things going on. Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I wish I saw a pattern like that, when my Mom knitted and crochet all kinds of vests for me, when I was in high school. The length would of been just right too!
    I learned how to hem by hand bc I hemed all my dresses and skirts bc they were too long for me.

    Nice weather all week and today it's in the 70's! I've had both doors open and have been Spring cleaning to freshen things up.
    Hopefully I'll start painting my walls downstairs bc I'm sick of wallpaper! It's been on way too long!

    Stay safe and healthy!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that your mom did that for you J! My mom made beautiful mittens. I never quite mastered the art of knitting! You stay safe and healthy too! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!