Tuesday 6 April 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, April 6, 2021

Outside my window ...
The sun is fully up. I am up quite a bit later this morning. I just could not fall asleep last night. I think it was the wee hours of this morning before I actually was able to sleep. The box spring on my bed and frame are really noisy. Every time I move it squeaks and moans.  The mattress is very comfortable but I may need to buy myself a new frame.

I am thinking ...
I wonder how much longer I will be in this holding pattern and how long it will be before I can go into my own place. I am trying to be patient. Life is very boring some days.  I try not to impinge upon my sister and BIL's life too much if I an help it.

I am thankful for ...
All the help I've been given thus far.  My sister and BIL, my father, my brother, the members of my old Ward in Chester, YOU.  I have much to be grateful for.

In the kitchen ... 

 

I am sharing all my hints and tips and recipes for Chicken Breast Perfection today.  There is a bit of something there for everyone.  Dry chicken breasts no more! 

On my "To Cook" list ... 

 

Life Made Simple.  Best ever Banana Bundt Cake. 

One of my favourite things ... 

 

Tim Tams . . .  

Good to Know ... 

  

I am wanting to create ... 

 

 Egg Cosies.  Cute.  From Make Do Menders. A free pattern.  

 

Ramona Cardigan.  A Simple knit cardigan from Elizabeth Smith on Ravelry. Not free, but not expensive either.  I love the simplicity of this. 

 

Bluebird of Happiness.  A free pattern by Sara Elizabeth Kellner.   


 

Delicately beautiful poncho. Love this. From Lets Knit.   

 

Vintage Floral Slipper Pattern. Not free, but very lovely. On Maggies Crochet.
  
I am reading ...

 

If I Forget You, by Thomas Christopher Greene 
Two former lovers reconnect in this beautiful and haunting tale of great lost love from the critically acclaimed author of The Headmaster's Wife.

Twenty-one years after they were driven apart by circumstances beyond their control, two former lovers have a chance encounter on a Manhattan street. What follows is a tense, suspenseful exploration of the many facets of enduring love. Told from altering points of view through time, If I Forget You tells the story of Henry Gold, a poet whose rise from poverty embodies the American dream, and Margot Fuller, the daughter of a prominent, wealthy family, and their unlikely, star-crossed love affair, complete with the secrets they carry when they find each other for the second time.

 Written in lyrical prose, If I Forget You is at once a great love story, a novel of marriage, manners, and family, a meditation on the nature of art, a moving elegy to what it means to love and to lose, and how the choices we make can change our lives forever. 
 
Looking Forward to ...
Hopefully getting out of the house today  . . . 

Dreaming about ... 

 

Light airy spaces filled with plenty of neutrals  . . . 

 

A window over the sink  . . . 

 

A cottage bedroom  . . . 

 

A pretty place to sit and eat outside . . . 

 

Pom Pom trim . . . 

Something to watch ...
 
 

Smile of a Mockingbird on Prime.  English subtitles, but after a while you don't notice them.  Very good series.

A Quote for the day ... 
 (¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Following the Savior will not remove all of your trials. 
However, it will remove the barriers 
between you and the help your Heavenly Father wants to give you. 
God will be with you. He will walk beside you 
and even carry you when your need is greatest. 
~Dieter F Uchtdorf
   ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  

Makes me smile ... 

 

Bunny snuggles  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

The front veranda of my great grandparents old farm house on the South Mountain.  Mom and her older sister used to sit on this porch eating turnip scrapings together. 
 
A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 * No one ever made a difference by
being like everyone else. 
 ~P T Barnum •。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   






































7 comments:

  1. I remember that porch! Maybe now that weather is better and vaccines are being had they will come clean out the home sweet home for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't loose heart, before you know it, you'll be in your own place. Waiting is heard but worth the patience it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have porch envy, love looking at houses with them and dreaming. I love washing dishes and looking out the window, your turn will come soon. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Marie,
    I loss touch for a bit. I just wanted to pop in and say hello today. I hope that you're having a lovely early springtime. Your life looks full! I am going to read your article about chicken breasts. Mine are always dry. Bah!Humbug!

    Hugs from Missouri USA!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    P.S. I have no idea how long I've been reading your writings, but it's been a long, long time! Glad to touch bases again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting and waiting....feeling like you are in limbo......very hard. They say patience is a virtue, I find it very difficult. I hope your waiting will end soon and you will be on your way to your next journey before you know it!
    To quote Winnie the Pooh...”What day is it?”
    “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “ My favorite day,” said Pooh.
    Enjoy your day. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely ideas today!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember that saying Marie, "Good things come to those who wait."
    I bet those people what to get their mom's things out of their bc they have to pay every month to keep it.

    That bundt cake looks yummy! I just baked a bundt cake for my oldest granddaughter and put it in the freezer til someone comes and gets it. They call and I will put it on my porch bc safety first.
    Stay safe and healthy!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!