Thursday 22 April 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥     

 

Vintage Travel Poster Art.  Love, love them.

 

Hibiscus Tea. I used to have a cup every morning when I lived in the UK. I think I need to get me some to drink here.

 

1950's Commercial Illustrations. I love them.  But then again, I love the 1950's full stop. 


 

Vintage Greeting Cards . . .  love them. 

 

Socks, I never used to wear them, but I wear them all the time now and I love them.  I wish I could learn now to knit my own.  I would knit my own if I could.  My own mittens also.  

 

Polka Dots  . . . wherever I can find them.  I adore polka dots.  

 

Little boys, especially when they snuggle into you and press their sweaty little heads into your neck.  Oh I miss my little boys.  Why do children have to grow up  . . .  sigh  . . .  

 

High in nutrients and rich in anti-oxidants, I love LOVE Brussels Sprouts!  This delightful cruciferous vegetable has been a favourite of mine for a very long time.  When cooked properly they are a real treat to eat.  I could eat a whole plateful.  

   

Shirley Temple Movies.  Even the few that she was in as she got older.  They are simple and sweet.  I think two of my favourites are Heidi and Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.  

 

The Illustrations of Joan Walsh Anglund.  Her characters are so sweet. 

 

Wool blankets  . . . 


 

Hand embroidered pillow slips.  I love them. They are so elegant.

 

Classic 1950's television sitcoms.  I love Lucy.  Father Knows Best.  The Donna Reid Show. Leave it to Beaver. etc.  Love them all and never get tired of them.  

 

French Toast . . .  love it!  Especially with maple syrup drizzled over top.

 

Diary of an Edwardian lady.  Left all of my books like this in the UK . . . 


 

Emma Bridgewater  . . . 

 

Hot Cocoa with Marshmallows  . . . 

 

White curtains  . . . 

 

Cast iron beds . . . . 

 

Old quilts  . . . 

 

A simple cake  . . . 

 

Especially with fresh berries  . . . 

 

This  . . . 

 

The sound of sheep in the fields  . . .  

 

This  . . .  well, anything with bees really  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week  . . . 

A thought to carry with you  . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Go out with joy
and be led with peace.
~Isaiah 55:12•。★★ 。* 。 

 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Honey Mustard Potato Salad, with two kinds of potatoes and a punch honey mustard vinaigrette dressing. Delicious!

Have a beautiful day.  I am not sure what surprises today will hold.  Whatever you get up to stay safe and healthy and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 


11 comments:

  1. Lovely favourites this week, Marie. Loved your Bee quote, very apropo for World Earth Day today. It's still frigid here today but snow has melted. Have a good one. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, you know me and anything with bees! Its a bit colder here today and showery! Happy World Earth Day! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have a simple tube sock pattern that is easy to knit. I also use 2 circular needles, so much easier than trying to juggle all those dpns. You can find youtube videos on how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look Linda, maybe something to keep me occupied once I am done my father's blanket! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sweet post!! Looking forward to May first for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love your ideas on how to properly prepare brussel sprouts!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Earth Day to you. We do need to make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely favorites ..... I agree, favs of mine too. When I got married 46 years ago, I had to have everything ‘strawberry’ theme in my kitchen....I collected strawberry dishes, utensils, linens, etc......while I still love the red and happy strawberry.....I seemed to be collecting more and more bee items.....bees make me happy too....I love them! In between, was ‘blue and white’ years. Love the 1950’s, vintage everything! Guess I’m just a wonky collector.
    You are going to have so much fun filling your kitchen and new place with the things you love! Cant wait to hear about it! Have a very happy day and God bless you.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will find copies of an Edwardian Lady at most second hand bookstores or sales. I volunteered at our big book sale and there were always several copies of her book. It was so popular. Of course we haven't had the book sale this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your favorites today. It was so relaxing looking through it all and thinking about how I like each item or thought.
    I loved your Bee Quote. My favorite is the items and TV shows of the 50's that brought back memories. I love everything about the 50's too. Of course, I love anything vintage.
    I love to wear socks too. My feet are always cold. I am sure you could make some cute socks.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!