Wednesday 28 April 2021

Wednesday this and that . . .

 

So . . .  Nova Scotia has gone into lockdown for two weeks.  The teeth of this virus will not let go. This means I won't be able to buy any furniture, but that's okay.  I can wait. I've waited this long, a few more weeks won't matter.  I can spend the next few weeks moving in what I do have, a little bit at a time. There is no rush. I can make sure the place is really clean, etc.  Its all good.

I understand that people are impatient and that this virus is really tiresome.  What I don't understand is that people are willing to take chances with their own lives, and in that process mine.  My oldest daughter thinks that once she is vaccinated she is safe. I have a hard time convincing her otherwise, and I have to wonder how many other people think the same thing. Because she is developmentally challenged she has a tendency to believe everything people tell her, or that she reads on facebook. 

I finally told her the other day when I was talking to her about it that if she wasn't willing to be safe and cautious after she has the vaccine, then she wouldn't be able to socialize with me, because I can't take that chance. Hopefully this will make her think twice about things. 

The vaccination doesn't turn you into a super-hero. It doesn't mean you can't still get it or that you can't still spread it. It just means that if you do get it, your episode might not be as bad as it would if you hadn't been vaccinated, and in the meantime, everyone you come into contact with is in danger of getting it as well.

I don't want to get even a mild case of this virus.  I don't want to get it at all. There are too many variables and unknowns. I think we will need to be cautious for a very long time to come. Vaccine or not.

People have the flu vaccine every year and still get the flu.

 

I don't mind doing the things I am asked to do. If it means that I am safe and that the people I love are safe, I'll continue to do whatever it is I am asked to do, and for as long as I am asked to do it.

I get that I am old and I am not a party animal.  My life really doesn't change all that much from all of this (with the exception of the fear factor).  Yes, I would love to be able to see the rest of my family, and in time that will come. For now . . . just for now . . . we need to do what we need to do. Maybe I would feel differently if I was 21, beautiful, and wanting to socialize. I know they have a different view point and different feelings.

But its only two weeks. Its not the end of the world. A small ask now can make all the difference in the world, to all of us . . .  in the long run.

It is selfish thinking which has gotten us where we are.

Personally I think they need to shut down travel completely except for the most essential of reasons. Did you know that people are walking into the country across the border so that they can avoid having to quarantine?  What the heck???? Just stop them! 


My sister was following a thread on Facebook the other day.  There are actually people out there who believe that all of this . . .  the pandemic, the government restrictions, etc. . . . are merely a way that the government is trying to control us, the people. A government hoax. 

To what end???

Why would all of the governments in the world seek to control their people and ruin their economies in such a way? The Canadian government is the most in debt it has ever been.  And they did this to themselves, to us  . . .  on purpose???

Talk about living in cloud cuckoo land.  And it is people thinking like this, behaving selfishly, bucking the rules and protesting against what is for the greater good that are fueling the virus, spreading it, making things worse for everyone in the long run.  And they just don't get it.  

I don't understand that.  I really don't.  I just have to shake my head.

 

In the meantime I managed to get a few small things done yesterday.  I have arranged for my internet to be turned on at the new place, etc.  I had to pay a HUGE deposit, but its my livelihood so I will do whatever I have to do. Today I need to arrange to have the electricity put into my name, probably also with another HUGE deposit. I could have bought a sofa with the deposits I had to put down yesterday, lol.  It is what it is and eventually I will get them back.  (I hope!)

I watched the second episode of Mare of Easttown last night.  I am riveted and can't wait for the next episode. I love television like this . . .  television  that keeps you wanting more.  Kate Winslet is excellent in this.  



I have been sketching room plans, trying to figure out what I want in what room. I think I will have my television wall-mounted when I get one.  Like a bit picture frame.  It will look the cleanest I think. So many plans.  There is a huge electric fireplace in the living room. At first I was thinking it was nice, but I am not so sure now. Maybe I will move it out to the garage.  Its just a space grabber and I don't really need it.

There is a huge walk in closet in the master bedroom.  I am loving that.  I am going to put my dresser inside the closet, which will give me more space in the actual bedroom. In the second bedroom I am going to try to get a trundle daybed eventually.  That way I will have a place for people to sleep if they come to stay overnight.  I am also going to put some kind of desk/table in there so that I have a place to sit and work and sew, etc.  The only window in that room is from the back door which leads outside.

Essentially there are only two real windows in the place. The front window and the window in the master bedroom. I can work with that. I am loving the front veranda.  I guess in time I will have to get me a couple chairs to sit out there so I can watch the world go by, and there is a little garden plot in front of the veranda I can put some flowers into.

 

All in good time . . .  there's no rush for any of it.  Time is one thing I have plenty of. Rome was not built in a day and all that   . . . 

I am just really grateful that I have a place now and can make plans and move forward with my life.  Its all good. When I look back and think of how far I've come already in this journey my heart is full. I hve much to be thankful for.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛There isn't a person you wouldn't love
if you could read their story.
~Marjorie Pay Hinkley•。★★ 。* 。 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Jam Doughnut Muffins.  It had been quite a while since I had baked these, so I decided to bake some for my father yesterday.  He is a jam in baked goods lover.  Aren't we all? These are delicious!

Have a wonderful Wednesday. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay blessed.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too.




12 comments:

  1. Marie, how about a sofa bed? It wouldn't take up extra room. It's nice you can take your time to move in and get things the way you want first. Stay safe, take care. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine! A sofa bed would be nice. I will have to see how far I can make my money stretch! You stay safe too! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Loving all the positive plans you are making. Two weeks of shutdown will go quickly, Here in Ontario, things are much worse, and we are shut down till sometime in May. I’m thankful the weather is improving and we can spend time in the garden. Keep smiling 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Yes, thank goodness for the better weather. It somehow makes things a tiny bit more bearable, yes? Xoxo

      Delete
  3. So sorry you are in lockdown once again. Here restrictions are lifting and now they are saying it is safe for vaccinated people to be without a face mask outside. Still we must wear them in crowded places where's there ar lot of people. Keeping a safe distance is still the way to go. Eventually wi will stop this virus when everyone is vaccinated, but meanwhile we still have to be cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You keep on staying safe and positive Pam! We were doing so well in Nova Scotia, it made this province much more attractive to people from other provinces. They are moving here in droves. Buying up all the real Estate and this could also be introducing different variants. Who knows for sure! I think all but emergency travel should be completely halted! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Marie your new home has so much curb appeal.My colors exactly.You wanted a porch..a screen door..etc..It's there..I'm w Elaine a sofa bed..I'sd say Murphy bed but I think they are $$ I wouldn't take up so a big space for maybe guests..but a sofa bed is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great idea and yes, this place is really cute from outside! ❤️

      Delete
  5. In a community meeting many years ago, that was quite heated with both sides believing they were right, of course, one cool headed lady stood up and said, "But prudence is NOT prejudice." I still remember those words and it fits a great many situations, Marie. We commoners simply really do not know all that goes on. Some brave doctors are standing up online to speak out. Frankly, they could also be correct. One thing that really bothers me is that one of the main proponents of the jab did not allow HIS KIDS to have vaccines growing up...though we did so with our kids about the same time frame. Now WHY did he do that?? We should be asking more questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s getting so you don’t know what to believe anymore Elizabeth! I do t think anyone really truly knows anything for sure! You stay safe and healthy! Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your planning time! Stay well and thanks for the recipe...yummy.
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!