Tuesday 8 December 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, December 8th, 2020

Outside my window ...
Tis dark and cold and a light fall of snow has fallen. Nothing too alarming however.  The road is still clear. Like yesterday, it probably will not lay.  

I am thinking ...
Today is my youngest son's birthday. Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's. I did send them each a birthday card in the post. Not sure if they have gotten there in time, but am assuming they did/will. I  have not heard from either of them since I arrived back home, despite my son living 5 minutes away, and despite my having contacted them. Not sure what to think. In any case, I will keep doing the right thing.  I hope that my son has a nice day filled with lots of the things he loves most.  it is his first birthday as a father. 
 
 My friend Tina has gotten several letters from Todd. He says he feels I have abandoned him. Not sure what to think about that. Hurt, angry, mostly annoyed and sad.

I am thankful for ...
Just being alive and safe and with people who love me.  

In the kitchen ... 
 

Raspberry Peek-A-Boo's.  A delicious cross between a cake and a pastry.  Fabulously tasty and easy to make. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 
 

Neighbour Food Blog.  Cast Iron Rib Eyes with Garlic Mushrooms. I adore a well cooked steak. 
 
Good to know ... 


I am the great procrastinator. I do some of my best work under pressure. At least that is what I tell myself.

I am wanting to create ... 


Inspiration only. I love knitted bunnies.


The Twisted Yarn. How to knit an easy paper chain.


Ravelry.  Knitted Tree Garland. Maybe for next year. 
 

Chocolate Orange Covers. Marianna's Lazy Daisy Days on Ravelry. 
 

Anthropologie. How cute is this? 
 
I am reading ... 
 



MARCH, by Geraldine Brooks


Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and Richard and Judy pick.
From the author of the acclaimed ‘Year of Wonders’ and ‘People of the Book’, a historical novel and love story set during a time of catastrophe on the front lines of the American Civil War.

Set during the American Civil War, ‘March’ tells the story of John March, known to us as the father away from his family of girls in ‘Little Women’, Louisa May Alcott’s classic American novel. In Brooks’s telling, March emerges as an abolitionist and idealistic chaplain on the front lines of a war that tests his faith in himself and in the Union cause when he learns that his side, too, is capable of barbarism and racism. As he recovers from a near-fatal illness in a Washington hospital, he must reassemble the shards of his shattered mind and body, and find a way to reconnect with a wife and daughters who have no idea of the ordeals he has been through.

As Alcott drew on her real-life sisters in shaping the characters of her little women, so Brooks turned to the journals and letters of Bronson Alcott, Louisa May’s father, an idealistic educator, animal rights exponent and abolitionist who was a friend and confidante of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau. The story spans the vibrant intellectual world of Concord and the sensuous antebellum South, through to the first year of the Civil War as the North reels under a series of unexpected defeats.

Like her bestselling ‘Year of Wonders’, ‘March’ follows an unconventional love story. It explores the passions between a man and a woman, the tenderness of parent and child, and the life-changing power of an ardently held belief.

Brilliant!   

Dreaming about ... 


Mmmm . . . potatoes  . . . fries  . . .  
 
(source

Now that's what I call a tree stand  . . . 

(source

In my dreams  . . . 

 
Charlie Brown's Christmas  . . . 

 
Plaid shirts  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Watching this on apple tv. First time I have seen Hugh Grant in a role like this. I think Nicole Kidman needs to lay off on the Botox. Her face, its starting to look somewhat unatural. But I am enjoying this story so far.

Makes me smile ... 

 
Baya, the Boxer  . . .  my son's dog.  Gaming.  Set up by Jake. (of course!)  

Corners of my kingdom ... 


This morning from the side of the house  . . .

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
If you want to fly,
give up everything 
that weighs you down.
~Buddha•。★★ 。* 。

 
And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 

  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
      
  





























12 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty there!!
    We found The Undoing painful to watch.Seriously.

    Started Your Honor last night so far so good.
    I feel I can't and shouldn't comment on T..

    Just want whats best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. I have not heard of Your Honor, will look it up! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Keep counting your blessings, they will get you through the tough times. Happy birthday to your youngest, hopefully he'll soon come around. I have a special bond with my youngest, so I do know how much that would mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. It is my hope and prayer he will come around eventually. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love all the sweet knitted goodies. What a beautiful view from your sister's house. Don't ever give up on your two youngest. They'll come around in time. And Todd? He doesn't seem to understand, does he? Stay warm. Stay safe. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think he actually does understand Elaine. I think he is deluded and living in cloud cuckoo land. I won't give up for sure! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. You Corner of the Kingdom photo is beautiful. I know it is different than England, but I know you are enjoying it.
    I'm sad about your two children not contacting you, but I think they will. In fact, I feel that now you are nearer, it will happen.
    I'm sure it's hard to hear that Todd is communicating with friends. Remember that you are in grief mode and it is Ok to have all the feeling you have. In fact, It's important that you do. I was a Hospice nurse for 7 years, so I know a lot about grief, along with some of my own experiences. You have done exceptionally well in handling it all. I find you amazing.
    The food looks yummy! I'm thinking Prime Rib for Christmas this year.
    That knitted Bunny is the cutest ever. I liked all the other knitted Christmas projects, too.
    I do know I would enjoy the book and will look into it.
    I'm working on low carb and now, all I want is fries.
    I liked the photo of the tree in the boat; cute!
    The home is beautiful for sure. Peanuts is the best of movies.
    That Dog photo made me smile too.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that my son and daughter will come around LeAnn. It is my hope and prayer. This business with Todd is very much a form of grief I suppose. I have good and sad and angry, etc. moments. Mostly sad. Love, hugs and blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Marie,some people are toxic poison.
    Look at what he truly is. He rapes children.
    He used you as a cover for his disgusting
    Life. Look at what he's done to you.
    He's used you,taken everything you had away.
    Now he's writing friends,telling them what am awful person you are. How you just ran off and abandoned him.
    Seriously? He's an malignant narcissist. And now in prison,he has nothing but time to
    Sit in a cell and figure out who he can blame for his problems.
    The fact he has actually written your friends
    after all he's done to you shows you what he is. Don't write to him,he doesn't give a damn
    about the pain,loss and humiliation he hased caused you Don't give him the pleasure of enjoying your suffering.
    There is no one in Todd's world that matters only Todd.
    I'm not saying this to cause you any pain. I know first hand because my father was such a man. You have a new life. You have family that loves you and your starting your life anew. Don't open his letters, don't take his phone calls. Tell your friends he is a loathsome creature and you don't want to hear about him. You did nothing wrong.
    Don't let him steal one more moment of your life dear.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot argue with anything you have said Savannah. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I sure hope Tina will set Todd in his place. The nerve. Always love your Day Book. Cannot understand family sometimes. Love them all and pray for the ones who act that way. It's their problem, not yours. Love the view, wish we would get some snow. Much love - Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she very much will Raquel. Family, they have the capacity to bring us great joy as well as grief. Its all gone now, the snow, just a few bits here and there. It would be nice to have some Christmas Card snow before Christmas! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!