Monday 21 December 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 

 

 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  
 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  

 


  I am so very grateful for the vision of my friend Tina and in my willingness to do what she said and get out of Dodge when I did. The virus is running rampant in the UK, and my next door neighbour has just tested positive for it. Just two days ago she was telling me that Blacon (where I lived) is full of it and here she is, she has it. She reckons she got it from the neighbour across the way.   She is such a lovely woman and has a 20 year old son who lives at home.  Could you please keep Maxine in your prayers.  She and Cory were so good to us throughout this whole virus. Always making sure we had what we needed, etc. She is a good person and doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves this. I hope and pray she will get through this. 

So far Nova Scotia is doing alright, but none of us should be complacent about anything. None of us. 

When I made the decision to come back to Canada, Tina told me, you need to be out of here by the end of the week. Had I tarried I would not have been able to leave.  When Tina's has an impression you need to listen to it.  I listened to it because I had observed through the years that she was seldom wrong about anything. I am so, so, so grateful. 


I was able to watch the Children's nativity from  my old Ward in the UK yesterday. It had been pre-recorded and was only going to be online to watch for a short period of time. It was one of the nicest children's nativities I have ever seen. Some of it was recorded out on our friend Netta's farm, where she has sheep and donkey's and all sorts.  Each family's children had their own parts to play and were acted from their own homes and some at the farm. It was all edited and pieced together beautifully so it ran so smoothly and was so wonderfully done. It really helped to bring more Christ into my Christmas.  I wish I could share it with you all, but alas I can not.  It was a great blessing to me to be able to watch it and I am happy that I did. 


This video by the Piano Guys. This is a beautiful version and the video that goes with it is incredibly touching and moving and not a word is spoken. So beautifully done, this really brings the true meaning of Christmas home. 
 

The Light of the World.  This is sung accapella by Eclipse 6.  And it is beautiful as is the video.  We have never needed light in the world more than now.  At least in my lifetime. 
 
From them:
 
"As we learned, recorded and filmed this video we felt the love of Christ so powerfully. Putting this video together was an emotional and powerful experience. All six of us have shed tears of appreciation and gratitude for the LIGHT of the World as we worked on this project. This message is perfect for RIGHT NOW. The world waits for a miracle. It's not just a vaccine that is needed, it is Jesus...the light of the world. Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing this message with all who wait, all who hunger, all who've prayed, all who wander. HE HAS COME! Because of Him there is hope! BEHOLD YOUR KING!"

 

This has been such an exceptionally difficult year for many of us . . .  for all of us, in one way or another.  There is nobody in the world who has not been touched in some way by the events that have over-taken us. If there was ever a need for a Saviour more, it is now.  I can truly testify that He brings hope and strength to the weary and the broken. He is my strength. My belief and trust in Him brings me Peace beyond measure. I am so grateful for my faith. I am here today because of that.  And though I have many tear filled moments and moments when I do feel incredibly sad and defeated, my faith and belief in Him always lift me up and enable me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. My faith helps to give me great hope in tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, and so on . . . 

(source
 
Family. It isn't a small thing. Its everything.  Are we not all family?  We have our own individual family, which might consist of  mother/father/child/sister/brother, etc.  but then we have the greater family of mankind. Brothers and sisters in the world of mankind.  We can be united in love for and with each other, in a common belief and desire for what is best for each other and for the world. We should all be working towards the common good of mankind as a whole. I don't think there will ever be peace and comfort in this world until this is the common goal of every person.  We have enough on this planet for everyone to share. Nobody needs to be hungry or afraid or alone or unloved. I just wish  we could all be united in one hope, one wish, one desire for the future of the planet and mankind. No black or white or pink or green. No male or female or in between. Just love and a mutual hope for what is best for all.  We are all family. Family is the language that speaks to each heart. There is no you and me, there is only us.

 
Home really is where you hang your heart and where you belong.  

I am so grateful for all the small and simple things in my life which serve to remind me that I am not ever alone and am always loved, and I am grateful to have a heart that sees and recognises them.

A thought to carry with you  . . .  
 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
May every sunrise bring you hope.
May every sunset bring you peace. 
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。•。★★




In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Whipped Shortbreads.  Seriously, simply delicious. These truly melt in your mouth.

I hope your week ahead is filled with an abundance of small and wonderful things.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!    





4 comments:

  1. The airports are closed to the UK..I am sure you saw that..Canada was one of the last..we wait so long..you must feel so protected there in your nest ..protected from the past and ready for the future.Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marie, I am so happy you are safely back home in Nova Scotia and just in the nick of time it seems. Very sad to hear your friend and neighbour Maxine has Covid. You were so diligent and careful when this all first started. We all need that vacine. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your friend has the virus. It is a really good thing you left when you did. Having family is the most important thing. I know some that don't have one to love. Not all of us a blessed like we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am grateful that you got out of the UK when you did. I'm sure Tina was being spiritually directed to help you move quicker.
    I am sad to hear that one of your neighbors have Covid. We have quite a few cases in our Stake. Each ward has had between 10-15 families are individuals with it. We have had two people we know fairly well that have been in the hospital on respirators. Our brother was in a for a few days, but did have to be put on a respirator.
    I love that you were able to see the Nativity put on by your ward; I loved reading about that.
    The Piano Guys are the best. There have been some great programs on the TV.
    I don't know what I would do with out my faith in Jesus Christ. Our life has had many ups and downs, and it is only through the Savior that I have found peace.
    I do believe that we are all Brothers and Sisters. I wish that we could all feel that way towards one another. I think the 2nd coming is not that far away, and then the 1,000 years of peace where the Lord will reign I look forward to that day.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!