Sunday 6 December 2020

And so this is Christmas . . . .

The Holly Fairy, Cicely Mary Barker

O, I am green in Winter-time, 
When other trees are brown; 
Of all the trees (So saith the rhyme) 
The holly bears the crown. 

Yesterday was somewhat of a hard and emotional day. I think for both my sister and I, alhough for different reasons. The putting up of the Christmas Tree.  Cindy and Dan went out early and picked up a beautiful green tree and Dan put it up. 

 


Dan, Dan is the holiday man. He likes to grasp all of the holidays by both horns and wrangle them into life, and he does it with lots of love and feeling. I am realising he is no halfway kind of a guy. He puts his all into everything. 


It literally took him all day to decorate it, and he did it all himself. Not that we were not invited to participate, but I don't think either Cindy nor I were feeling it really. We went out grocery shopping and when we got back, he had the lights on and was putting on the decorations.  I have never seen so many boxes of decorations.  Each one of them was lovingly and meticulously planted on the tree. 


This was only partway through the process. He did a really wonderful job on it.  The whole house really. Every where I look, I am surprised by another little delight that I had not noticed before. 


Like this, seen dangling in the doorway between the kitchen and dining room  . . . .


A Santa dangling here  . . . . 

 
A Santa dangling there  . . . 

 
Angels watching over us  . . . 

 
Throughout the tree are scattered handmade ornaments, created by my sister and I through the years  . . . 


I can no longer remember who made what.  Tangible memories of Christmas Crafts created by us both and then times spent at the Christmas craft markets together. Wonderful memories those  . . . 


We used to have to much fun at those  . . .  it wasn't (for me anyways) about how much we sold, but more about the time we got to spend with each other  . . . 

 
Sorry the photos are so poor.  I do remember making these little gingerbread angels with their paper bag wings and twine halos . . . 


This is really serious business this  . . .  I can't believe he took all day, but he did and what a fabulous job.  That tree is a  masterpiece of beauty.  I know my photos don't do it true justice   . . . 

 
Queen Pumpkin (mom's cat) sitting on her invisible throne surveying her domain this morning  . . . 

16 year old Gary

Christmas schwistmas, where are my treats!  Bah humbug! 
 
Jazzy 12 weeks or so

Are you sure I can't assist you in some way?  The sound of your tapping keys are mighty seductive I have to say  . . .  please?  Let me help! 
 
 
All aboard the Christmas Train. Your driver today will be the Pink Panther, assisted by a multitude of snowmen and polar bears  . . .  so cute. 
 
 
All aboard!!  Ticket's please. No 
crowding towards the rear of the car.  Okay
maybe a little bit of crowding towards the rear of the car.
The adventure has begun.
Christmas 2020.

 
No grinches allowed  . . . 


And even mom is included  . . . I love that she is here . . .  that Santa on the far right. My Uncle Harold carved out of wood and Cindy painted.  I had one too.  Left behind.  Oh well. 

This year is a real mixed bag of emotions.  The Corona Virus.  So many deaths in the family, four to be exact, none of them Corona related.  The destruction of 20 years of my life in one fell swoop.  We may not feel an awful lot like celebrating . . .  


My parent's wedding picture.  All those years ago.  They would have been married 66 years in October.  They are both so young here. I will need to get a better photo of it at another time. 
 
 
Yes, there is sadness this year.  Things may not be the same as we expected them to be. The year has been full of many sad and unexpected surprises, but there has been some real blessings as well.  The finding of a sweet kitten  . . .  the reuniting of family.  Plenty of love.  Life will go on.  There will be joy. 
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°
Faith is the antidote for fear.
~President Russell M Nelson
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 


In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies.  Two crisp and sugar coated crinkly cookies sandwiched together with a lush buttercream icing! 

Have a blessed Sunday.  Be happy. Be safe.  Don't forget  . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!      





















 







 

























9 comments:

  1. Good golly. This Covid stuff has everyone on edge, the uncertainty, the fear, the loss. But we continue to live, try to enjoy, love and count our blessings. Our holidays and celebrations are different this year, very different. Your honest and thoughtful words are a constant and true inspiration for your readers, like me. Thank you. V
    ps...gotta love that Dan, what a guy! 🎄🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be a very different year for many, and I worry for those who tend to be depressed anyways at this time of year. This year will be even worse for them!Love and blessings. xoxo

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have a Dan:)he is making the holiday special w/ all it's setbacks.I am sure those ornaments pulled at all your heartsrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They surely did Monique. It was a day of mixed emotions. Watching that show with Nicole Kidman. Talk about almost a real life mirror. Well the first couple of episodes anyways I haven't gotten to epi 3 yet. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely tree, good job Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless Dan for creating Christmas this year. It certainly has been a sad year for you and Cindy. I hope the joy and peace of Christmas will comfort you. The tree is so pretty. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a much easier time bouncing back from my trials Elaine. Cindy not so much. Mind you it would be a lot more difficult to cope with the loss of a child I can imagine. Love and hugs to you always, xoxo

      Delete
  5. I think the Christmas tree and decorations are lovely. I think Dan is a bit like my husband. When he was working, I did most of the decorating, now it is mainly him. He is really a perfectionist at decorating. He has a creative touch, I don't have.
    I do love the decorations that have a special meaning to us. Those that we have collected through the years. Christmas memories come through those items. However, making new memories is good too. I hope you can do that this year. It has been a sad one, but look forward to a great New Year with new possibilities. I actually know you will do that.
    I am enjoying the photos of those cute cats.
    The Christmas Train is adorable. I love the photos that are out of your parents and mother.
    Wishing for you a sweet season of celebrating and that you will feel deeply loved.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!