Thursday 10 December 2020

My Favourite Things . . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

 These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!    

 

(source

Red barns  . . . 

(source)  

Candy cane legs . . . 


Vintage Christmas . . . 


So pretty  . . . 


A well decorated tree   . . . 

 
The reason for the season  . . . 


Christmas ballet  . . . 


Simplicity . . . 


Candy canes  . . .  

 
Children make Christmas with their excitement and expectations  . . . 

 
Jingle Bells  . . . 

(source

Rum pum pum pum . . . 

 
Yes please  . . . 


Norman Rockwell . . .  he knew how to touch the heart of humanity without saying a word. 
 
 
I listened to the Church Christmas Devotional last night. It was fabulous. Great music and talks. This is something I really look forward to every year. 

(source
 
This reminds me of the sleigh ride we did with the whole family and all the grands back in 1983-ish when my sister and my's children were growing up.  I loved it.  Turns out only myself and the kids loved it.  Happy memories though. 
 
(source
 
I loved skating as a girl. In the Winter months we would go every Saturday afternoon. Last time I tried was in the late 90's on a frozen pond next to the farm house we were living in. By the time I got to the pond, my ankles were so tired I practically had to crawl back to the house. haha There was no skating that day. 
 
 
Piano music, especially Paul Cardall . . . 

 
The music of Mindy Gledhill  . . . love her to pieces. 
 
 
Wouldn't be Christmas without it  . . . 


A good hot chocolate  . . . winter  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week  . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . .
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
We can hope
for better things to come.
~President Russell M Nelson
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
 
God willing 2021 will be a much better year for us all. 
 
 
In The English Kitchen today, Ten Basic Recipes You Should Know By Heart.  Simple really.

Have a fabulous Thursday. The days are just whizzing by.  Don't forget! 
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    











 































7 comments:

  1. The days are going way too fast. We're in double digits already. Love all your favourite things, Marie. Add family to your favourites and you've got Christmas! Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always hated to wish my life away, but in all honesty Elaine, 2020 can't end soon enough for me! I am encouraged by the arrival of a vaccine however! Let us hope and pray it works! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the day no matter what you get up to:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making preserved Stem Ginger! Hopefully it works! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love everything about Christmas Your pictures today are only a highlight of this wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pam! It is a most wonderful time of year no matter what! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I have always loved barns and often take photos of them when we are traveling. One of my grandchildren painted one for me and I love it.
    Charlie Brown Christmas is the best; cute graphic.
    I love the reason for the season; it is the best. I love the ballet and Christmas ones are so beautiful. It has been years since I have seen one. I used to take ballet when I was young and went as far as toe shoes and then had to quit.
    I am dreaming of a white Christmas. We did get a little bit snow today. I do love Norman Rockwell paintings.
    I would love a sleigh ride for sure.
    I used to skate on a canal when I was younger; it was so fun.
    Playing the piano brings me great joy.
    Mindy Gledhill is married to my 3rd cousin.
    It's A Wonderful Life; it is a yearly tradition and hot chocolate goes with it.
    Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!