Tuesday 1 December 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, December 1, 2020

Outside my window ... 
Its raining like crazy!  Windy, blowing. I can imagine if this was snow we would be having one heck of a storm! I lay in bed listening to it beat against the side of the house for a few minutes this morning. It was crazy! 

I am thinking ...
It is hard to believe we are now in the last month of 2020.  A lot of the hopes we might have had for this year in the last month of 2019 have been dashed for sure. It has been a real year for the record books, but hopefully it has not been a total washout for everyone. Hopefully we have been able to discover something new and beautiful about ourselves and the world. 

I am thankful for ...
Cindy and Dan, my dad, my brother . . . and for all the help they gave me in helping me to get home again. To my brother for lending me the money for the motel to quarantine in. To my dad for feeding me while I was in there.  To Cindy and Dan for arranging and lending me the money for the cab from the airport to the motel and for giving me a place to rest my head while I catch my breath and find my feed again.  For family who love and support and let me know I am not alone in all of this and that they have my back. I appreciate them all so much and love them dearly.

In the kitchen ... 


In the kitchen today, Italian Rice Pilaf.  A worthy side dish that is quick and easy to make and delicious. It goes well on the side with just about anything. 
 
On my "To Cook" list ...  


The Big Oven.  Coffee Rubbed Roasted Prime Rib with Gorgonzola Butter. Oh my but this sounds gorgeous!  I love prime rib.

Good to know ... 


This could come in handy, especially if you are a google queen. 

I am wanting to create ... 
 
 

How to make a "Snipped Roll" from Madness and Mess.  A snippet roll is a long narrow roll of fabric embellished with charms, beads, pictures, jewelry or anything else, rolled around a wooden spool.  Do check out the link or look them up on Pinterest.  Fascinating!  


 


Thread and Thrift.  A sample book.   


 


Lazy Girl Designs.  I love long narrow ones like this.  They are great for your neck if you have a crick in it.   


 


Katia North Handbags.  Pattern from Tex Yarns.  Not free, but not expensive either. I really like this. 


 
 

I love this simpe garter stitch sweater from Dany Edan on Ravelry. A free pdf download. 

And just because its December  . . . 


 


Entertainment Daily.  Last minute crochet Christmas Trees.  Simple and there is a video Monique!   

I am reading ... 

 


MARCH, by Geraldine Brooks

Winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and Richard and Judy pick.
From the author of the acclaimed ‘Year of Wonders’ and ‘People of the Book’, a historical novel and love story set during a time of catastrophe on the front lines of the American Civil War.

Set during the American Civil War, ‘March’ tells the story of John March, known to us as the father away from his family of girls in ‘Little Women’, Louisa May Alcott’s classic American novel. In Brooks’s telling, March emerges as an abolitionist and idealistic chaplain on the front lines of a war that tests his faith in himself and in the Union cause when he learns that his side, too, is capable of barbarism and racism. As he recovers from a near-fatal illness in a Washington hospital, he must reassemble the shards of his shattered mind and body, and find a way to reconnect with a wife and daughters who have no idea of the ordeals he has been through.

As Alcott drew on her real-life sisters in shaping the characters of her little women, so Brooks turned to the journals and letters of Bronson Alcott, Louisa May’s father, an idealistic educator, animal rights exponent and abolitionist who was a friend and confidante of Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau. The story spans the vibrant intellectual world of Concord and the sensuous antebellum South, through to the first year of the Civil War as the North reels under a series of unexpected defeats.

Like her bestselling ‘Year of Wonders’, ‘March’ follows an unconventional love story. It explores the passions between a man and a woman, the tenderness of parent and child, and the life-changing power of an ardently held belief.

Brilliant!  

Dreaming about ... 


A white Christmas  . . . 

 
Decorating the tree  . . . 


Hanging up the stockings  . . . 


Christmas baking  . . . 

 
Christmas!!! 

Something to watch ... 


We watched this the other night on Netflix. Christmas Chronicles 2. It was  a bit of fluff, but not that bad really! We enjoyed.

Makes me smile ... 

The three "J's" Christmas village. Complete with Cybertrons and dinos. 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 

 
Main street in town on a rainy day.  Photo credit Steve Skaft. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Be someone who makes
someone else ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
look forward to tomorrow.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
      
  
























12 comments:

  1. Love reading your Daybooks! I fell out of the habit after I moved and then she changed everything and it just wasnt the same. We've got that same movie on Netflix to watch. We usually watch a movie on Saturday afternoon to while the time away. Going to maybe do a prime rib this year, but with just 2 of us, may resort to a nice thick steak instead. Gearing up to make cookies and candy, I love making Christmassy things! Much love to you and yours - Raquel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice thick steak sounds yummy Raquel! I love to make Christmassy things also! Love to you and Keith! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie~

    I love your daybook, and I love your grateful heart, you are loved, don't forget that.

    So many cute Christmassy things, I love the crochet Christmas trees, I could do that!! I've had a hard time getting into crafts this year. Me and my girls thought it would be fun to get together to make cute craft, but then...covid. we decided it was better to wait until next year.

    It looks like Christmas might be just the two of us. A Christmas movie will definately be o. Our agenda...maybe even two!

    I love the sweater too!!

    You sound very content and happy. I'm so glad that you are finally home ❤

    Much love to you, dear friend XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! This year has certainly curtailed a lot of our plans and brought with it a few surprises as well. Bring on 2021! Love and hugs, xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. LOL I have a tree garland I LOVE:)
    Not sure about the movie;)
    I did watch Hillbilly Elegy though and we both liked it.
    The Undoing no..
    I feel like Goldie and Nicole look so different..and I saw an iterview w/ Goldie re this movie and she looks nothing like this LOL.
    Do you TikTok?
    Oh the girls on there are hysterical..they show themselves naturally then add the filters..Un recognizable..flawless beauties..

    Lovely family you have and they must be thrilled to have you back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not TikTok'd. I need to explore that. I haven't watched Hillbilly Elegy yet. GOldi and Nicole do look very different. Its amazing what they can do now with a good filter. Even Kurt doesn't look the same as he does in real life! I need to make myself another one of those garlands. Of course everything got left behind. Now I get to make new stuff! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are rich in love, Marie. So much to look forward to in December. Hope you have a white Christmas. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. I really am. Love and hugs to you always. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Here we are experiencing our first winter storm of the season. It is snowing and everything is white and beautiful. Maybe it will put more people in the spirit of the season. Your family has been so good to you and you do have a lot to be thankful for. What would we do without family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2020 may have been a rough year for you, me and others, but we have so much to be grateful for.....so happy you are getting settled in. Thank you for a lovely day book.
    Family, Faith, Friends...every day grateful, ♥️ V

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure you will be getting snow soon enough. I imagine that you will enjoy it this year and especially being with your family. I am so happy that you are home an with those you have loved and missed for a very long time.
    I love prime rib too, but not sure about the rub.
    Goggle like a boss; looks fun to study a bit more.
    I liked the rice pack scarf; I could us it for sure. I like the cute crocheted Christmas Trees.
    The book looks like a great one. I love "Little woman" and he Historical novels about the Civil War.
    I do love Christmas; we just finished all of our decorating and I think I will do a blog post.
    I liked the photo of the street where from the area you are in now.
    Blessings and hugs for you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anything Little Women and civil war also LeAnn. I know, coffee in the rub for the prime rib. I would probably use something else myself as well, but it does look good. I adore Prime Rib. Love and hugs always for you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!