Monday 28 December 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

  

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  
 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 

This is the last of my small and wonderful posts for 2020 so today I am going to focus on this whole year.  Its been a year of great change for me and like many I will be happy to be able to draw a line under it and move forward into 2021. Despite all of its drawbacks however, I still had much to be grateful for over these past 12 months. 


This is Maxine who was my next door neighbor in the UK.  She and her son Cory were such a support throughout the lockdown, picking up bread and milk and anything else we may have needed every single week.  She even picked up prescriptions for me and was ready and willing to help with whatever even though she was not a really well woman herself.  Now she has the virus and can use all of our prayers to get through it. God willing she will be okay as she is the only family her son has. I am and was so grateful for everything she did for us. 


All of our healthcare workers and other carers who have gone above and beyond over these past months, putting themselves at great risk, working tirelessly to take care of us, because that is what they do. My daughter is a nurse as is my brother's second oldest daughter, not to mention Ariana. I know how hard they work and how little they are paid in return, but still they do it.  Why? Because it takes a really special person to do what they do and they are special people. So grateful for all our healthcare workers. 


My good friends Tina and  Tony who have been steadfastly there for me this whole year through. Without them I could not come as far as I have done.  You all know how much they did for me. They were truly God's hands on earth for me. I am so very grateful for them and their love and support. 


Bishop Marzal from my Chester Ward.  This man was so supportive and caring and unjudgemental. I am so grateful for all the help he gave to me throughout this transition. Helping me to deal with Todd, making sure I was safe. Paying to send my nine boxes over and covering my rent for November. Getting me to the airport, etc. I am and was so very grateful for all of his help.  For the Priesthood blessings administered, for the prayers, for his advice, support  . . .  for everything. 
 


For all the members of the Chester Ward who loved and supported me without judgement from the moment I announced that Todd and I were separating and I was leaving and coming back to Canada. They didn't know why, but they loved and supported me irregardless.  They cleared the house for me and helped me in every way that they could. A few tireless members took it upon themselves to sell what they could for me so that I could have some cash to help me get sorted on this end, etc. They truly were/are the Gospel in action. I am so, so, so grateful for them. 


For my family.  For my brother who loaned me the money to help put me up in the hotel for my quarantine period. For my sister who made sure I had everything I needed while I was there, as well as my dad who footed the bill for all my food, etc.  Eileen, Doug and Anthony who were in constant touch with me making sure I was okay. For Cindy and Dan giving me a place to live while I recoup my losses and get back on my feet.  For all of their love and support through all of this mess. I am so very, very grateful for them. Words can't begin to describe and the support is ongoing.  I love them all so very much.


For my loyal friends, readers, followers, etc. who have supported me throughout this ordeal in any way that they could. For the many efforts/gifts etc. given towards me being able to hopefully soon set up my new home. For the countless prayers.  For helping me to not feel alone. For "listening" when I needed to talk and to cry and to vent. For just being "there" in whatever way possible.  Overwhelmed doesn't begin to cover the way I feel about all of the support which has been given. Blessed. Loved. Grateful. You mean the world to me. 


For Jan, Step and Dillon giving me a safe place for Mitzie to live out her retirement years.  Giving her up was the hardest thing that I had to do this year, but knowing she was going to be safe, happy, loved and comfortable made it a tiny bit easier.  Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  


Ten  months of pandemic. And I am still here.  Another blessing from above.


 
For the love of my Heavenly Father and Saviour, who have been there guiding me and helping me throughout, always. Putting the right people in my path and around me. Surrounding me with love, and help and hope.  Helping to lift and carry me when I could not lift and carry myself.  For giving me the strength and impetus to keep moving forward.  I am so grateful for my faith in them and their faith in me. I literally could not have come as far as I have without them. I still have a long ways to go, but I know I can do it because I know and feel their very real presence in my life. You are a part of that, just so you know. You have been His hands and His prayers. You have helped to make a difference.  God always puts people where He needs them to be, to do the things He wants/needs done. Angels on earth surround us and they look like you and me.  Nothing is random. All is with purpose. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! 

So, yes, this has been a really difficult year in one way or another. But I have/am getting through it.  I thank you all so much for being a part of my ongoing journey.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I asked God,
"Why are you taking me
through troubled water?"
He replied,
"Because your enemies
cannot swim."•。★★ 。* 。


 
A delicious soup to make with your turkey bones.  Turkey Mulligatawny Soup.  Deliciously simple. No waste here.

Have a beautiful day/week. I hope that it is filled with a mulitude of blessings and hope. Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 





















15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Marie. I am so happy to know Mitzie is happy. Sending you lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie. Lots of love right back at you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Loved seeing your Bishop's face..I know how wonderful he was to you.And Maxine..Tina and Tony I had seen..and wow were they AMAZING.You had a lot of angels:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be praying for your friend with the Covoid virus. My SIL lost his mother to it yesterday. Everyone is devastated. I try to count my blessings every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe all of our lives will be impacted before this is out. Sending you extra love and prayers. xoxo

      Delete
  4. So beautifully said,felt. I am in awe of the wonderful support you have received. I know how much your heart appreciates and cherishes all this and that the love you give to others is deep and true. Blessings on us all.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary. I am a woman who is grateful for the many blessings in my life. xoxo

      Delete
  5. It is wonderful to hear how so many have come together to help "rescue" you out of that situation, Marie!! We cannot protect those we love from such things happening...but we can help in every way possible. I know my daughter, in similar situtation, will NEVER forget those few who helped her...she did not have near the support you did...mostly just us and a couple others!! But I suppose GOD sets up whatever amount of support we each one need too!! Take care...recover the best you can. You surely will be rewarded in coming years too!! Blessings.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right Elizabeth. God is the Master and can set things in place even before we know what is going to happen. We just have to make righteous choices and have faith! xoxo

      Delete
  6. So many blessings, such lovely people.......they are the best Christmas gifts of all.
    🎄🎁🎄
    Very happy you are settled and enjoying your family. Blessings, V ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely V. I am truly blessed with wonderful people in my life. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  7. Those wonderful people who helped you when you needed it most are your true friends. You have been blessed because you in turn have blessed them in your own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a sweet thought Angharad. Thank you! xoxo

      Delete
  8. This was such a lovely post. I really enjoyed your grateful heart. You have been through much with great grace. I find you amazing. You are a strong, brave woman. I feel you have come out of this and there you will see purpose in it all. You will be a light to many because of this.
    I do pray for your neighbor in the UK. I am glad that thus far no Covid for you or me. It is a harsh one for sure.
    I can understand the sadness in having to leave your sweet Mitzie. So happy you had friends that would help you. They will be blessed to have her.
    You have had many tender mercies and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over you and is in the details of your life and all of us. I think what has happened to you is evidence of how much he treasures you as his daughter.
    Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!