Wednesday 16 December 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 FOR TODAY, December 12, 2020 

Outside my window ...
Its cold and the sun is up. There is a smattering of snow on the ground. It is -6 right now. I have not experienced this kind of cold in a very long time. Went to the Post Office and the shops with my sister yesterday and the wind was blowing. It was freezing! I may need to get me another winter coat. We will see.

I am thinking ...
Sorry for my absence yesterday. I was not having a good day. I spent a couple of hours in bed blubbering when I first got up. I think everything just hit me all at once. I had not had a good cry since all of this happened. Lots of little ones, but no big ones. And yesterday morning I wallowed in it. I was in no fit mood to talk to anyone. 

Also Dan had to be tested for Covid on Monday. He had come down with a very high temperature on Sunday and the shivers. We have not had the results yet. I hope and pray he does not have it. He says he is feeling better this morning. PS _ Just got the news he is negative.  Praise God!

I am thankful for ...
I have much to be thankful for.  So much so that my cup overflows. I can't complain. Not about anything. People here in the Valley are so friendly and welcoming. My family loves me. I am home for Christmas. God is good. 

In the kitchen ...


I small batched my Cranberry Chutney. Most of us will not be gathering in large groups this Christmas, so I thought it was quite practical to do so!  Its delicious and goes well with the main meal, or on sandwiches, cold plates, cheese trays, etc. This recipe makes one cup. It also makes a great Hostess gift, not that we will be needing many of those this year! 

On my "to Cook" list ... 


Renee's Kitchen Adventures. Hot Muffaletta Dip. This looks fabulously tasty! 

Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ... 

I Wool Knit Snowman PotHolder.



Whiskers and Wool. Christmas Tree Pot Holder.


 

Delights Gems. Rose Ripple Pot Holder.



A Crocheted Simplicity. Gingerbread Man Hot Pad.


Drops Design. Gingerbread Cottage. Home Sweet Home.


Ali Pyper. Vintage Pot Holder pattern. Climbing Trellis.

I am reading ... 


The Secret Ingredient of Wishes, by Susan Bishop Crispell

26-year-old Rachel Monroe has spent her whole life trying to keep a very unusual secret: she can make wishes come true. And sometimes the consequences are disastrous. So when Rachel accidentally grants an outlandish wish for the first time in years, she decides it’s time to leave her hometown—and her past—behind for good. 
 
Rachel isn’t on the road long before she runs out of gas in a town that’s not on her map: Nowhere, North Carolina—also known as the town of “Lost and Found.” In Nowhere, Rachel is taken in by a spit-fire old woman, Catch, who possesses a strange gift of her own: she can bind secrets by baking them into pies. 
 
Rachel also meets Catch’s neighbor, Ashe, a Southern gentleman with a complicated past, who makes her want to believe in happily-ever-after for the first time in her life. As she settles into the small town, Rachel hopes her own secrets will stay hidden, but wishes start piling up everywhere Rachel goes. 
 
When the consequences threaten to ruin everything she’s begun to build in Nowhere, Rachel must come to terms with who she is and what she can do, or risk losing the people she’s starting to love—and her chance at happiness—all over again. 

A bit of light reading.

Dreaming About ... 
 

Christmas Tea Cups . . . 


Grape Vine Wreaths  . . . 


Pretty ornaments  . . . 

 
Merry Christmoose . . . 



Christmas Gingerbread . . .  so pretty  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Corny but fun!

 Makes me smile ... 


Baker Jon making Cranberry Squares. Love my boys  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...  


Frigid morning view from the side window  . . .

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Have a heart that never hardens,
and a temper that temper that never tires,
and a touch that never hurts.
~Charles Dickens° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  
      
   














19 comments:

  1. Dear Marie
    One day at a time my dear, we miss you but we circle you with PRAYERS and hugs. Love all the Christmas stuff, just beautiful. Here in Wasaga Beach grounds are covered with snow and this morning it's -8 brr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your prayers Beverly. I really appreciate them. I bet it is looking very pretty. Does the lake freeze in the winter? xoxo

      Delete
    2. Yes sometime it does. Beautiful to look at.

      Delete
  2. You sound much better today, Marie. So happy Dan tested negative. Jon must take after you. I love when kids want to bake. Those pot holders are very cute. Love the tree and snowman. It's cold here, too, and snow is on the way. Stay cozy. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real relief Elaine, I can tell you! Your lovely package arrived yesterday. I am going to e-mail you! We are expecting a bad storm tomorrow and my father's power was out for several hours last night. You stay safe and warm also. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. Glad my parcel arrived safely in time for Christmas. We didn't get the expected snow today. Hope your storm tomorrow won't be too severe. Not fun for your dad to be without power for several hours. Love and hugs, Elaine

      Delete
    3. I still haven’t had time to write an email Elaine! I will do! Love you! ❤️

      Delete
  3. 3F here..so frikken cokd..Love your baker..

    Things come in and out like the tide..emotions...very hard..

    Take care marie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much colder than what I have been used to for the past 20 years that's for sure! Yes, emotions do flow like the tide. The trick is to learn to flow with them! You take care and stay safe and warm! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you back with us today. A good cry is cleansing and does a world of good. Counting your blessings will always make you feel better and you certainly have plenty of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Pam, I do have many blessings. One must always dwell more on what we have than on what we may have lost. The cup is always half full! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Glad you are better today...December has never been the best month for me, and in recent years, I try very hard to take it easy and not overdo so as to at least avoid falling ill. So glad Dan is ok! Your grandson looks so cute!! Hope you will bit by bit feel better...one's life changing so much so quickly is plenty to grieve about!! Sending hope and hugs for the future!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think December is a hard month for many people for a variety of reasons! Life is always changing, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Love and hugs to you. Xoxo

      Delete
  6. It is very cold here today too, -13 Celsius. Wonderful news that Dan had a negative test, hope he is feeling much better now. The small batch cranberry chutney sounds delicious. Hope you are feeling better today too, it is no wonder you had a really down day with all that you have been through. Better to have a weepy day than to keep it all inside, it will get better. Stay positive with the love of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very relieved about the test results. Thanks so much for your sweet comment. Xoxo

      Delete
  7. I was so glad to see you post, I was refreshing your blog all day and getting worried. You are such a part of my daily life! I hope the tears were cathartic and that you are feeling better. Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I caused concern Charlie. I think I have been through a lot and am bound to have good and bad days. I guess it’s only natural. Thanks for your sweet comment. Xoxo

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear that Dan tested positive. There are a few other bugs floating around too. It's that time of year. Glad to hear that you're doing better as well. Sometimes we just need a good blubber to let everything settle. Hope you all weather the storm okay, it's a big one. We had a little snow here, so I was very happy. Cold here this morning, 20F. Wishing you sunshine and happiness! Raquel XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very relieved to have the negative result for sure. Thanks Raquel. Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!