Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY November 26th, 2013

Outside my window...
It's so dark.   The days are getting shorter and shorter.  Yesterday we had our first heavy frost.  It is only 2* out there this morning.  So brrrrrr....

I am thinking...
✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ
There is nothing I would not do for those
who are really my friends.
I have no notion of loving people by halves,
it is not my nature
..✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.
~Jane Austen~



True and real friends are a rarity and worth their weight in gold.  I remember when I joined the church I lost all my friends.  I made new ones, but it sure let me know the measure of the old ones.  How I had treasured them . . . seems they were not really my friends after all.  I could never understand why people stop being your friend simply because one chooses to worship in a different church.  If they are trying to shock you back to the old one they are really going about it the wrong way.  Why on earth would anyone want to go to a church that is that judgmental?  That is not the Saviour's way.

I am thankful...
Sitting on the sofa last night watching Anne of Green Gables with Todd, with Mitzie curled up between us I was grateful for this contented life I am living.  We may not be rich, or beautiful, but we be happy.  That's all that counts.

In the kitchen...
 photo SAM_2076_zps7a867276.jpg

Easy Pizza Rolls.  Need I say more?   They are easy and quick and very tasty too!


I am wearing...
A rather moot point . . .pajamas!


I am creating...  
 photo copyrightmylittleredbike_zps7e727cfe.jpg

Ever since I got Mindy Gledhill's new Album, Pocket Full of Poetry, and heard the song Little Red Bike, this little girl was flying around in my head.  I just adore that song.  It reminds me so much of my father teaching me how to ride my own bicycle.  I have spent three days working on this, working only when I have a minute here and a minute there.  I love how she turned out.

 photo closeupofface_zps012836ce.jpg

This is a closeup of her face detail.   I am quite enjoying using pencil crayons

 photo christms_zps5a6621d9.jpg

Isn't this an amazing diy Christmas ornament?   I think it is gorgous.  You can see more, here.

  photo stampangels_zps073ddbc5.jpg

I think this little paper angel is just adorable.  You can see more about this on It's a Stamp Thing.  I just adore paper crafts, don't you?

 photo candles_zps21e331a0.jpg

People just amaze me with their creativity.   This was created by using double sided tape!  You just put the tape on the candle, pull off the paper and then add glitter, brushing off any excess.   Brilliant!

 photo beauitiful_zps3a2673d7.jpg

This is one of the most beautiful handmade ornaments I have seen.   The creator gives an excellent tutorial on My Desert Cottage.  It's fabulous!

  photo Waterless-Snowglobe-Tutorial-31_zps586869a8.jpg

She also has a fabulous tutorial on a waterless snowglobe which you can find here.  Some people are so extremely talented.  I love it!


I am going...
I am going to the Temple tonight with the sisters from our Ward.  It's Stake Temple Week and tonight is RS Temple night.  I haven't been in a while, so I am looking forward to it!  I love to be in the Temple.  It has such a special feeling inside.   The closest to heaven one can get here on earth I reckon!

I am wondering...
Will or will we not have a white Christmas???   Probably not, but it doesn't stop me from wondering if we will!

I am reading...

 photo afebfbc5322b5f33f25514bae452280b_zps7dda1da3.jpg

Mercy, by Jodi Picoult.

Police chief of a small Massachusetts town, Cameron McDonald makes the toughest arrest of his life when his own cousin Jamie comes to him and confesses outright that he has killed his terminally ill wife out of mercy.
Now, a heated murder trial plunges the town into upheaval, and drives a wedge into a contented marriage: Cameron, aiding the prosecution in their case against Jamie, is suddenly at odds with his devoted wife, Allie -- seduced by the idea of a man so in love with his wife that he'd grant all her wishes, even her wish to end her life. And when an inexplicable attraction leads to a shocking betrayal, Allie faces the hardest questions of the heart: when does love cross the line of moral obligation? And what does it mean to truly love another?

Enjoying it so far.   I want something new to read though . . . something different.  Any suggestions???   I don't like anything smutty or implausable.  I am quite fond of history and I don't like pap.  (No tall order there or anything, lol!)

Nothing has changed here and I am still looking for something new to read.

I am hoping...
That all my Christmas Packages reach their destinations before Christmas and that I have enough time to do my cards!

Makes me Smile...
 photo makesmesmile_zpsfd146cca.jpg

This picture always makes me smile.  I can't help it.  Smiles are quite contagious you know!  I hope it makes you smile too!

I am learning...
I need to take some lessons in time management.  Perhaps if I did I would find more hours in my wday!

Around the House ...

 photo Howtodecorateatree_zps9abdffc7.jpg

There is an excellent tutorial on how to decorate the tree here.   Some people have the most beautiful Christmas Trees and I think it's great that someone is willing to share their tree decorating skills with us!

 photo 070_zps15e77cdb.jpg
(source)

I am going to start a lot earlier this year and while my house will not look even close to this, I hope it will be at least a bit more Christmas-ee.  I think it is the rare person who is able to achieve the above effect!  (Aside from the expense!)  It sure would be nice to try though  . . .

Do you remember spraying snow on the windows back in the 70's and 80's?   I remember running black tape up and down in a diamond shape and then spraying snow in the corners and running lights all around the window so that it looked like something off a Christmas card, or so I thought!

I always had a themed tree, covered in handmade ornaments, all red and white.  There was plastic canvas red and white striped lollipops, little cross stitched drums, knitted snowmen and panda bears, gingerbread men, little white sheep with red bows on their necks . . .


I am pondering...
I wonder what happened to all my handmade ornaments . . .

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

"Grace is available for each of us every day
our spiritual daily bread
but we've got to remember
to ask for it with a grateful heart
and not worry about
whether there will be enough for tomorrow."
~Sarah Ban Breathnach
´´¯`•.¸¸.☆


One of my favorite things...  

 photo poochsmooch_zps07c5f86e.jpg

Puppy Dog smoochies. Yes I kiss my dog.  On the mouth.  I know . . . it's called unconditional love.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Temple tonight and then I have to knuckle down and finish getting my lesson ready for RS on Sunday.  I am always nervous about teaching, even though I only have to do it once every three months.  It's not something I am ever totally comfortable with or enjoy all that much.  Give me a talk any day, and I don't mind at all . . . but teaching . . . that is way out of my comfort zone!

A peek into my day...

 photo 1463073_385604194914259_711485510_n_zps22b7fa88.jpg


Our home is filled with love.   There's lots of hand holding, smooching, caring, helping, sharing laughing, crying, tenderness . . . just love. There is no fear and no negativity.  I am grateful for that.


 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  



Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!