Tuesday 24 November 2015

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, November 24th, 2015

Outside my window ...
Its dark.  Its cold.   Its Winter.

I am thinking ...
I am thinking about everything I have to get done today!  I'll have to work really hard to get it in.  And tomorrow morning we have to be in the car and on our way to Manchester by 8 a.m!  So I probably won't blog tomorrow.  Try not to  miss me too much! ;-)

I am thankful for ...
A warm house and a roof over my head and food in my belly.  Also a couple of people, independantly of each other, said to me this week that I looked like I had been losing weight.  If it's starting to show, that's a good thing and makes me happy.

In the kitchen ...
 photo DSCN4178_zpsh6fjalhz.jpg

Mini Glazed Turkey Meatloaves.   Delish!

On my "To Cook" list ...
 photo salad_zpsdzzkob6r.jpg

Apple,Cranberry, Spinach, Pecan Salad with Avocado and a Balsamic Vinaigrette
from Julia's Album.

 I am creating ...
 photo DSCN4150_zpss8musbdw.jpg

I did these for Eileen and Tim for Christmas, now I have to do another set for Ariana and Jose.

 photo DSCN4152_zps6fbfa9la.jpg

I also did a Gingerbread Hello Kitty for a certain little girl I know.   I had done a pink one, but then lost it.  So I did this one.   Then as soon as I put it into the card, guess what?  I found the pink one.  It must not have been meant for her!  God had other plans!

 photo Bucket-Advent-Calendar_zpsupfwubcg.png

I love the idea of a Galvanized Bucket Advent Calendar.  What a novel idea.  From  Cottage in the Oaks. 

 photo f8053bfc7fea9201cda456ddf3a97afe_zpsm7acymri.jpg

Ten Wine Glass Holiday Centrepieces for your Holiday Table.  From Paiges Party Ideas.

 photo ddb902b6634ed7d762d8906debcd8681_zpsuehhz1vt.jpg
Som really great Napkin Folding Ideas for the Holidays, from Sewlicious Home Decor.  A free e-book.

I am reading ...
 photo 26052279_zpswzagtdgq.jpg

Christmas at Lilac Cottage, by Holly Martin

Welcome to the charming seaside town of White Cliff Bay, where Christmas is magical and love is in the air… Penny Meadows loves her home – a cosy cottage decorated with pretty twinkling fairy lights and stunning views over the town of White Cliff Bay. She also loves her job as an ice-carver, creating breathtaking sculptures. Yet her personal life seems frozen. When Henry and daughter Daisy arrive at the cottage to rent the annex, Penny is determined to make them feel welcome. But while Daisy is friendly, Henry seems guarded. As Penny gets to know Henry, she realises there is more to him than meets the eye. And the connection between them is too strong to ignore… While the spirit of the season sprinkles its magic over the seaside town and preparations for the ice sculpting competition and Christmas eve ball are in full swing, can Penny melt the ice and allow love in her heart? And will this finally be the perfect Christmas she’s been dreaming of? Like a creamy hot chocolate with marshmallows, you won’t want to put this deliciously heartwarming novel down. A bit of fluff for the holidays.  ☺

I am hoping ...
That I can get all the things on my "to do" list done!  Also I haven't heard anything back at all yet from my tests at the hospital.  I am hoping that no news is good news.

Makes me smile ...
 photo 12299206_10206919589081213_7831913247615108754_n_zpszkxwzgff.jpg

This "selfie" my brother took yesterday in India.  He's there on Business until the week before Christmas.   His caption read, "Christmas has come to India."  Knowing my brother's sense of humor, it made me smile.   Love seeing pics of my baby bro.   He is in India training his "replacement."  He is losing his job in the new year.  A sign of the times I suppose.  All these companies are out-sourcing their jobs now to cheaper venues.  Its all about money isn't it.  I really hope my brother is able to find a new job without too much trouble.

I am lcarning ...
How to consecrate my will to the will of the Father's.   It's an ongoing process.

Dreaming about ...
 photo a70b8e94a23cb96fceb001c94f13d82d_zpsjfyqvpjb.jpg

Having a large country kitchen . . .

 photo 4f6842789fc71115519dfa6a508d158d_zpstjbetv93.jpg

Cosy Corners . . .

 photo 617f94161c2f09a572572aa20870bb0d_zpssgpik2rf.jpg

Re-furbed Vanities.   I love this.

 photo 13b84008f6942f4716edbed76c7a6606_zps1jfjurcf.jpg

Snow Globe Ginger towns  . . .  BHG.

 photo 7b46a0d3aa35b3ea9e1364c6687b8075_zpsxlev9u8x.jpg

Table Top trees  . . .

A favourite quote for the day  ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~
          ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. (
              ¸.❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Winter is the time to gather golden moments, and enjoy
every idle hour.  ~Judith Boswell 

One of my favourite things ...

 photo ba933500a6b1aeadf2ddce311e941223_zpsjkpbiffz.jpg

Redwork Embroidery.   I love it.

A peek into my day  ...
 photo 20a00555792138c9f3b5d3b79d8b953a_zpsngwwvvtw.jpg

I try  . . .

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
 ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!


7 comments:

  1. I have not the words to explain my disgust about your brother having to train an off shore replacement. Will he be looking fo rmore work or retiring? I hope he is happy about the situation. I am not a fan of outsourcing.

    Love your ornaments so very much. They are brilliant.

    God bless your day and may it be filled with joys and highlights that warm your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is actually quite at peace over it Suzan. Redundancy has been hanging over his head for the past couple of years so he's spent them with much uncertainty and forboding. Now he can draw a line under it and move forward. He is 55, but very skilled at what he does and so he feels he will be able to find employment. He is going to take a couple of months to get his head together and then take a couple of courses to update his skills and then he will be looking. It is a bit more difficult at his age, but he is a person who has always been prepared for whatever comes along. It is a sad reality that these days there is no such thing as job security. He's worked for this same company in one way or another for over 25 years, managing to keep his job through several takeovers, so really he's been lucky. God bless your day also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie! CUTE felt ornaments you've been making! You must have a big collection of felt. I like those wine glass centerpieces--what great ideas! I'm so sorry your brother is losing his job. My TJ had the same thing happen--he had to train his replacement last year on a big job. Thankfully he was still able to stay with his company--but it's been a rough time. Hoping your brother may find new work in the New Year! Oh, but that book you're reading sounds sooo sweet! Must add to my list. I could need a lift. It's Thanksgiving back home this week, so I'm feeling homesick and fragile... LOL! But we'll be going home for Christmas, so I mustn't grumble... ;o) Happy Week, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to think that no news is good news too. Hope you have a good trip tomorrow! Very much like winter here too! Keep Warm !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am from India originally( but a proud Canadian now!) and I am so upset to read your brother is losing his job to an Indian. And to add injury to insult, he has to train his replacement. That just means the replacement is inferior in skills and should not be doing this job. Marie, there has to be a way to redress this. Ughh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute finds! Such a resemblance between you and your dear brother:)
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tracy! I am so glad TJs job situation was sorted! I hope you have a lovely time stateside at Christmas. Hopefully the thoughts of that will see you through Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful to have the Missionaries to spend it with! Love and hugs! Xoxo

    Thanks Pam! It should be a good day! Xoxo

    No worries Anna. These things have a way of working out for th best in the long run! Xoxo

    Thanks Monique. We all have the bum chin! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!