Monday 30 November 2015

Small and Wonderful Things . . .



 photo Winter small and wonderfuls_zpsq9ujsmdu.jpg


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

I can't believe that already here we are at the end of November.  Tomorrow will spell the first of December.  I love the month of December.  The only problem with December is it passes far too quickly.


 photo 4bafe14edc9a3500fe5378ade299a2a2_zpsjzievjtx.jpg

Roses that are still blooming at the end of November.   Roses that never stop giving.  The first heavy heavy frost and they will be gone, but for now, they still bloom . . .  the last of the summer's kisses  . . .


 photo 12316510_10153895838158900_6314335796659365139_n_zps2s4t0dqa.jpg

This crazy young couple and all that they bring to the table.   Ariana and Jose.  It is so nice having them just around the corner from us now.  They stopped by on Saturday and admired the Christmas Tree.   This is such an exciting year for them, with it being their first Christmas together as a married couple.  They are just a pair of really delightful young people.  Love them to bits!

 photo 068164f3ccd5e6217fe0e35cbfdfa915_zpsme5rpe6x.jpg

WE have had horrendous winds over the weekend and we're still here.  We haven't blown off into Oz!  Seriously the winds have been horrific.  Looking out into the back garden yesterday we could see that the only thing keeping our rose trellis from flying away was the roses which were growing up it.   And now this week we are expecting another storm.  Storm Cladagh (or something like that.)  They are giving them names now.


 photo b5bbd1ed8e2691491d48f96bc18f461e_zpsbng0rhsp.jpg

My faith which both strengthens and sustains me.  It helps me to be a better me.  It gets me through the rough patches.   It holds me up and sometimes carries me.  It is a muscle I exercise regularly.


 photo 6c1a94b03f3689c0d99e24bd68c13438_zpshrfgjda6.jpg

Without naming names, you know who you are.  You bless my life in ways that are endless and meaningful.   You prove to me that in a world which often seems to be becoming increasingly more wicked that there is much in humanity to still love and admire . . .  that for all that is bad, there is so much more that is good.  God bless you all.


 photo 0b78febe409683ec8dfbe73bf29816a0_zpsgr9vifnj.jpg 

Hands that are busy and that are capable.  I've finished a lot but still have plenty more to do!  Times rapidly running out on me!  But I know I'll get them done in time.  ☺

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
May God in His wisdom
and infinite love,
Look down on you always
from heaven above.
May He send you good fortune,
contentment and peace.
And may all of your blessings
forever increase.
~unknown
✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿

 photo DSCN4363_zpsmsoh1w8i.jpg

In The English Kitchen today, a quick and easy gift you can make using some traditional Christmas Chocolates!  A Malteser Christmas Pudding.  Simple!


 May the week ahead of you be filled with loads of small and wonderful things!  Don't forget . . .


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



#ASaviourIsBorn


5 comments:

  1. Morning dearest Marie, glad that you have not been blown away...been the same down here, poor Masy has not been out for a walk for two days now...the wind is so strong she would be blown of her feet,nthankfully near the back door it is slightly sheltered so she can ....go....there unless it's rain Lashing down then no way she says !! Look like a wet week ahead...never mind Christmas is on the horizon so I will have time to sit and get some cards written !! I love all your wonderful felt .......babies......you are so great Marie and talented...I don't know where you get all your energy from...hope you have time this week to have some rest just to be .....yourself....sending hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have procrastinated on making ornaments for my grandchildren this year and it's my hope that today I might just get started. I'm painting small wooden ornaments using a simple pattern so hopefully they'll soon be done. It's just there are so many of them now. November did speed by but like you I love December. Interesting we do have names for our storms now. It used to be that just the Hurricanes had names. Hope you all keep safe there and have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie have you heard of The Paino Guys..take a look see on You Tube...amazing and humble...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE couple!!

    And your ornaments are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sybil, had horrific experience yesterday with Drs office. Wait til I tell you. I haven't gotten my cards written yet at all. You are one step ahead of me if you have! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! I had to walk home from the Doctors in it! It wasn't fun! Hope you have a great Tuesday! xoxo

    Thanks Unknown. I have heard of them and they are brilliant! xoxo

    Thanks Monique! They are a cute couple for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!