Friday 20 November 2015

Friday Finds


  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg


A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy. I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

 photo 1d4a4f9d4866435ee9c1c5c681b2c5c6_zpsymtljc9d.jpg

How to make new Christmas Balls look vintage.  From Finding Home Farms.
Looks simple enough!

 photo 489b4efcf840181432b47485a63757ba_zpsn9o9rand.jpg

Make your own Cinnamon Scented Pinecones for a fraction of the cost of ready made ones.  Found on eHow.

 photo static1.squarespace.com_zps7z8rqnnw.jpg

Make your home smell like Winter.  From Make Haus.

 photo d7b642209e94c2402ad2c9659156a45c_zpspzognvlc.jpg

Frozen Luminaries to light the path to your front door.  Fabulous for any get-togethers you might be having over the next few weeks.   From Design Sponge.

 photo e409f4a9328e6f9b7a381a32f972b9cc_zpsv0rgnaci.jpg

Vintage Looking Christmas Postcard Blocks.  Found on Homeroad.  A great way to use old Christmas Cards or Free Vintage Christmas Printables you can easily find online.

 photo e65b202de03a410866d37f7ea87d4247_zpsshmsapsn.jpg

A simple and very pretty table decoration from Lemonade Making Mama.  I love ethis.  You could use red and green candles if you wanted to, or just one colour.  I think it's sweet and very classy.

 photo Ballerninas_zpsf4lvvrw8.jpg
 photo portavelas-cascara-naraja_zpshvrvbgnf.jpg

I love this idea.  Not only is it pretty but I am sure it smells gorgeous as well.  Found on  Manualidades Artesanas.

 photo Ballerninas_zpsf4lvvrw8.jpg

Paper Napkin Ballerinas.  Found on iCreativeideas.  Very simple and so pretty.

 photo amy2_zps3n5o0g0t.jpg

Complete Tutorial on making a paper clay Snowman ornament on Holiday with Matthew Mead.  Love this! 

And there you have it, my Friday Finds for this week.  I hope that you found some inspiration here.  I know I certainly did!  (I can't believe how quickly Friday came around this week!)

A thought to carry with you through today . . .



❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
 of grief.
I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light.
For a time 
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

~Wendell Berry, The Peace of Wild Things
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

 photo DSCN4124_zpsdfimhukl.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . Smoked Sausage and Potato Goulash.  Deliciously simple!


Have a wonderful Friday. Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


10 comments:

  1. Good morning Marie,

    It is so stinking hot here. I loved the look of the ice luminere and the ballet girls.

    Enjoy your day. God bless you and bring you serenity.

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very warm here Suzan. They say we are in for a very cold weekend. There may even be snow on the high ground before the weekend is through! God bless you also! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a difference. It has been hotter in other parts of OZ today. It was more than hot enough for me here. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie! FUN festivity here today! LOVE those frozen luminaries! And those paper napkin ballerinas...*swoon*... I would have made those as child. I might do now! ;o) The Wendell Berry quote is perfect for right now... Wishing you all a lovely, peaceful weekend now... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))


    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm off to check out the sausage and potato goulash. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you were going to talk about nail products:) And was going to tell you my absolute favorite one..so funny..

    I make those luminaries..similar..boxing day one yr..molds were very very reasonable..but we need the coldest nights:) No room in the freezer..
    Love the ballerinas..

    Monique is still smitten w/ the teapot tree you posted:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tracy! I found that quote and it spoke to my heart. We could all take a lesson from it! I am smitten with the ballerinas myself! Got your lovely card today, thanks! Love and hugs! xoxo

    I think it's right up your alley Pam! xoxo

    I would love to hear about your favourite nail products Monique! Sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of these awesome Christmas finds. I am going to spend some time looking at them and perhaps even trying them. I especially love to have my home smell more like Christmas. Love and hugs with blessings too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike LeAnn! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!