Friday 6 November 2015

Friday FInds . . .


  photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!   




 photo 64eca9035b754d28a2333b425e4366a0_zps4rcsit0l.jpg

Mince Pie for your pooch!  A lovely treat that you can bake for your beloved furry family member that they will enjoy.   From The Dogs Trust.  Speaking of dogs, Mitzie had her annual check up this week, and they said she was very healthy, she got her booster also.   Yay!

 photo d6fb2b67363e824f9bff5ab0f71b0a25_zpsfrt6cu1n.jpg

I just love this driftwood wall tree, specifically designed for smaller spaces.   It's very pretty! Unfortunately I couldn't find a source.  Just the idea.   This would be perfect for apartment dwellers with not much room.

 photo a1c1efef67df2518f3f0015ddf59edd2_zpsxzpwlpr8.jpg

Christmas Tree Pompom Fairies.   From Fancy House Road.  Aren't they just adorable!


 photo 9959cdbff64feb785a6ba73256a86e6e_zps38x7xz4q.jpg

Dried Fruit tree ornaments.   These would look great with popcorn and cranberry garlands!  From Sharon Glasgow.

 photo cheeseballs_zpsnv71mvby.jpg

These Mini Cheeseballs in Phyllo Cups would be a beautiful holiday appetizer.   From A Spicy Perspective.  Even the balls on their own without the phyllo cups would be fab!


 photo 727554bc79ad87ef253d64107e563d7b_zpszjyhq2sb.jpg

Cookie Cutter Mini Pizzas.  Another holiday appetizer recipe.   Fround on Rhodes Rolls.  We don't get the Rhodes Rolls over here, but my wheels are turning.  Watch this space!

 photo 0f8afec3806db78282683cce876fcd61_zpsxovft6xz.jpg

What a cute idea!  Silhouette Christmas Ornaments.   Found on Nest Of Posies.


 photo bd4e8c19f53a315473a8126ad5eb7c0f_zpsq5eip2av.jpg

Window cleaning tips from the People at BH&G.   You gotta love BH&G.  When I lived in Canada, I often bought their magazine.

 photo 1a429917b834c54e9b6c7a21c5095fa9_zpsy4kggbyy.jpg

DIY Infinity Scarf.   I Love these.   A complete Tutorial on I Heart Nap Time.

 photo f2809ebfe4b4d117ad5e0e8d2c83a0eb_zpschx7rdwy.jpg

Mini Match Box Teddies.   From Red Ted Art.   Love these.  I love anything tiny and I love doing match box crafts.

 And that's my Friday Finds for this week.  I hope you found something useful here!  I know I sure did!

 photo dry-heave-vomit-2454_zpstvfhlbak.jpg

Now about yesterday.   Single.  Worst.  Experience.  OF MY LIFE.  Seriously.  I would rather give birth.  I thought I wanted sedation, but then when I got there in the chair talking to the nurse, my blood pressure was sky rocketing.   I didn't want to risk it, although I knew I would probably be okay.  Also it would have meant I had to stay there for over 2 hours, plus I wouldn't have been allowed to be left on my own for over 24 hours, etc.   Plus it was Bonfire Night and I didn't want Mitzie on her own here at the house with fireworks going off, etc.  (It was too late in the day.)  Also I didn't want Todd to have to hang around the hospital waiting.  So I chose to do it without sedation.  HORRIBLE is all I can say.  I don't know how I got through it.  Must have been all of your prayers.   The nurse kept stroking my head and telling me  you're doing okay all the way through it.  I didn't feel like I was doing okay.  It was positively AWFUL.   I thought I was going to throw up twice.  But I didn't.   Burps kept coming up from the air they pumped in at the same time.  The banana flavoured stuff they freeze your throat with was absolutely terrible tasting.  Blecch!  Blecch!  Blecch!  They did a total of 9 biopsies.  They found a polyp.  I suppose that is why they did all the biopsies.  All I have to do now is wait and see. Praying all will be well, but if it isn't I'll just have to do what I have to do.  There is only one way to get through things and that is to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I hope I don't ever have to do this again.   Ever.  Thank you all so very much for your prayers and happy thoughts. I  do not think I could have gotten through this without them.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
Before you act, listen.
Before you react, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
~Ernest Hemingway
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥

 photo Ranch Mac amp CheesePack_zpsnyn83hsw.jpg

I'm sharing some tasty recipes from Newman's Own in the Kitchen today.  Scrumptious!

Have a wonderful Friday.   Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


13 comments:

  1. You are and have been in my thoughts and prayers, Marie.
    Good luck with the results. I've been there and I can understand what you have been through.
    Wishing you bright, clear days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! Very much appreciated! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie you are one very brave lady. You had to make a decision based around your family. Good for you. I am sorry it was difficult. I can only imagine.

    Enjoy today and have a Mitzie cuddle because I am not there to give you one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful that terrible experience is done and over for you. Hope today is a restful one for you so you can relax and recover a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you glad it's OVER?
    Kudos! You did it..lovely nurse too:)

    Cute things Marie..I am still smitten w/ the mittens though..maybe..I will try my hand at them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Marie! Oh, but I'm so sorry for the ordeal you had to go through... :( So glad you're OK... Praying all will be well for you... LOVE that driftwood tree... that's my kind of simple decorating! Fun with all the Christmas festivity here today! I was at a garden center today--Christmas had exploded there... LOL! Be taking good care there... ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going completely bonkers Marie I opened up saw it was Friday's edition sighed and closed up..now re opened again Friday..it suddenly dawns on me ....this is Friday....how daft can I get, no idea what day I thought I was in LOL anyway I am just so pleased that that horrid test is over I remember how much my Mum used to dread that test and she had it so often poor thing....anyway praying that will be the end of the investigations....as always some great finds I can never hardly choose my fav. Maybe the teddy in the matchbox...you know one of my fav treasures are my little girl matchboxes you made for me and Mary...I adore them like you I love love love anything in miniature...the peg dolls look clever as well..I do wish people would pay a proper price for these things...just the cost of the materials...we don't want paid for actually making them if we are doing things for charity or church funds. Pam has been making the most delightful lavender girls I very much doubt if she will get even £1 for them..I get quite angry...I am sitting here legless...again...no not the result of one over the eight !!! Sore on stump I'm trying to keep of my leg as much as possible Anna at the centre tried to sort out the tight bit and half succeeded however once home found it has now dug in to another area..if I don't get it sorted by Monday will have to call in again...I'm quite fed up really, wish I had just left it being loose, better than having a sore on my stump....anyway maybe a prayer would help that the socket beds in a bit easier...night night xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Marie
    I read your blog everyday...have for years now....but I rarely comment....just lazy, I guess. But today I feel I must comment. You see...I am an RN of 40+ yrs. I cannot believe any doctor would even consider doing an EDG ever without IV sedation!! I live and practice in the US (Illinois) and EDG here is never, ever done without IV sedation.....we would never put the patient through such a horrible test with them being fully awake....we use a combination of IV Versed and a small dose of Demerol.....the procedure is very well tolerated this way.
    I am so sorry your physician put you through this procedure like he did!! Please...if you ever have to undergo this again, always use IV sedation......it will be so very easy to get through it and it will be quick and virtually painless and very relaxing.
    I said many prayers for you....Thank goodness it is over now. Take care, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I am brave Suzan, or just stupid! lol In any case it's over now and I am glad! And I hope I never have to do it again! Thanks for your hugs from afar! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! xoxo

    I am smitten with the mittens too Monique! Watch this space! xoxo

    Sybil, I am so sorry for your leg problems. I will keep you in my prayers. Pam's lavendar dolls sound interesting! Would love to see what one looks like! I am glad that you and Mary still love your matchbox dolls! xoxo

    Thanks so much Lynney! It was lovely to see a comment from you and I am very grateful for your prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you poor thing - that's why I said have the sedation. It's still uncomfortable but bearable. I found it worse than my colonoscopy. Hope the memory fades soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always find the most interesting items to share; I love it. I love that Mitzie was found healthy. I liked the Mini cheeseballs and the cookie cutter mini pizzas. I will be feeding our Elders lunch on Friday when we have our planning meeting. I need some suggestions for lunch; these were good ones. Maybe to try closer to Christmas.
    Oh you dear girl; your awful experience was the worst; I know I couldn't have done it. I am a chicken when it comes to those procedures. Prayers that all will be well.
    Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks LeAnn! I can't wait to read about your mission experiences! What is your mandate? Love and hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!