Monday 12 February 2024

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 

Sunday's in church.  Being able to partake of the Sacrament, renew my covenants, take His name upon me.  Fellowship with the Saints, and like-believers.  All good.  All soul-enriching.  I love being in church on Sunday mornings. It ends my week in the best possible way and starts my next week in the best possible way.  It adds structure and meaning to my life. That may be difficult for people who don't have this type of thing in their lives to understand, but I know that those who do will know what I mean.

My faith is not a crutch, or a once a week kind of thing. It is the way I live my life and who I am.



 

Sharing Sunday dinner with Cindy and Dan. Dad did not go this week so Cindy took dinner to him. Dad has a bad cold.  He seemed to be feeling a bit better this morning when I called him, but he had not slept well last night.  He has an 8  a.m. appointment this morning to have his snow tires put on, so I expect he was worrying about that. I do the same thing when I have to do something early in the morning. I fret over it, seemingly all night. Worried that I won't wake up in time I guess.

Cindy made Beef Dips for supper last night. They were so delicious!  She is a fabulous cook.  We had those and roasted oven veggies, potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli.  All very good.  Best part however, being with family.  I love my family very much.


 


Yes!  Life is so much easier, better, fuller, richer, etc. when you choose to shine.  There is enough doom and gloom in the world without adding to it. Let us all be little sparks of light.  That is not to say that we can't, won't, or don't have moments which are less than what we would have them be.  But we don't have to live/dwell there. Misery never ever was or could be joy. Pity parties are not the parties anyone wants to attend. If there is one thing life has taught me, it is this  . . . weeping may remain in the night, but joy always cometh in the morning.  Whatever our circumstances, this too shall pass.


 

Hot water bottles.  I love mine.  I throw it into the bed about 10 minutes before I crawl in and my bed is toasty warm and welcoming by the time I get there.  As snug as a bug in a rug.  A bed hug.



 


Toast in the morning.  I love toast in the mornings. I pretty much love toast any time. I love it with just butter, or just peanut butter, sometimes with jam or marmalade.  There is nothing more comforting than a nice slice of bread toasted. We have been buying this sprouted bread that is just lovely. It is by Silver Hills. I like the one in the pink wrapper most of all. It is full of seeds and other lovely things. It is a great way to begin the day, or end the day for that matter. I often will have a slice of toast in the evening.


 


As I drove to Cindy's on Friday to pick her up for lunch, I noticed all the limbs of the trees were iced with frost.  Such a pretty sight. It warmed up on the weekend.  A lot of the snow melted, but we are expecting more tomorrow and Wednesday. They say quite a bit. I don't mind. We need it if we are going to avoid the fires that we had last year.

I am grateful to have a warm home where I can shelter from the storms.




Have you ever seen a cuter kitten?  This is Gus. He is going to be Cindy's and Dan's new cat.  He is adorable with the sweetest markings. Just look at that face.




I think he will fit in well with the rest of them. Such a little cutie pie. 


 

Its more than just a roof over your head. It is a place where you feel loved. It is faith, family, friends.  It is a place of comfort and safety for the soul as well as the body.  Home is where you hang your hat, and your heart.  I am so grateful for all these things in my life which feed my soul and fill my life with joy and peace.  I am blessed.

A thought to carry with you . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The moment you notice that
you are an instrument of God,
the moment you become like a
hollow flute, the wind will blow
through you and there will be music.
~Shri Dhyanyog;  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Morning Orange Drink. This was deliciously refreshing. I am already craving another one. Simple to make and oh so tasty.  I need to get some  more orange juice so I can make me another one!


I hope your week ahead is filled with abundance.  May you have all that you stand in need of and more.  Be blessed. Don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   




2 comments:

  1. I made your delicious cheesy potato bean pie yesterday, so good. I added gluten free breadcrumbs to make it good for me to eat too. Shared it on Instagram, will add to my website soon. Off out for a walk around and a visit to a couple of dollar stores this morning. Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that it was enjoyed Linda! I am happy you were able to make it gluten free as well! Thank you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!