Thursday 1 February 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 



Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 


Metal bed steads. If I could have one of these with my Endy mattress, I would be in bed heaven! So pretty, and you know how I love pretty things.


 


Ginger cats. I adore ginger cats.  I think they are so smart.




This was my two on the sofa yesterday afternoon. Cinnamon was giving Nutmeg a bath and he was enjoying every minute of it. Love them to pieces  . . . 


 


Danish Butter Cookies. Crisp, melt in the mouth sweet buttery goodness.  Love them.


 

Gravy boats and small jugs. I had a collection of them in the U.K. Now I have one, but I love it. My sister gave it to me and it is an old Corning Ware one.


 

Awww  . . .  could it be any cuter?  I think not!


 



Bonne Maman jams and preserves. They are my favorite kind.  I think that they are the best!


 


Beatrix Potter.  I love anything Beatrix Potter. 


 

This  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 

That shelf, those colors  . . .  red and blue  . . .  so nice.


 


I love, Love, LOVE this!


 


This too  . . .  aren't people clever!


 


Cardinals. My sister gets lots at her place. I have only ever seen one here.


 


Filled pastas and sauce  . . .  so good  . . . 


 

Paper Cranes  . . . 


 


This   . . . 


 


Comfort on a cold Winter's day  . . . 


 


Bright, sunlit rooms  . . . 


 


So cosy  . . . 


 

Crochet Doilies  . . . 


 

Victorian houses with gingerbread trim  . . . 


 


Snow drops  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 


Such tiny toes . . . 


 


Tiny homes  . . .  but I could never fit in one  . . . I know my limitations!


 

Pretty Quilts  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. Maybe some of them were yours also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The intellect of the wise is like glass;
it admits the light of heaven 
and reflects it.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Augustus Hare° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 •  




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Date Nut Muffins. These are fabulous. The perfect muffin!

Happy February. Tomorrow is Ground Hog Day. I wonder if the Ground Hog will see his shadow or not? Six more weeks of Winter left regardless! But I do love these old superstitions!  I hope you have a beautiful day filled with love and wonder. Don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

5 comments:

  1. Lovely favourites today, Marie. So many pretty rooms. Enjoy your day. Stay well. Stay safe. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby turns 80 today. Got him a special surprise cake I'll pick up this afternoon. Can't believe I have been in his Life for over five decades. Daughter put together a list of 80 things from their time together while she was growing up. So clever and brought tears to my eyes reading it as I was not with them having to 'work' ugh, but she said she has special times with me!

    Have a fantastic day Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful favorites…mostly mine as well. That bed up high is not one of mine though, I would surely fall, clumsy me! Love the rooms with color and coziness, etc..thanks for the lovely post…a charming arm chair tour. Happy, happy February Marie, may it be the nicest one ever! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot say we love the stuffed pasta:( Over the yrs I have tried different brands..The latest Boursin stuffed..lol where's the Boursin..?Jut prefer unstuffed and we mix what we want with it..influenced by TikTok Costco finds ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Later today as we had to go out to renew hubby's drivers licence and health card, had to have a new photo taken, also went to get passport photos taken as they need renewing. 2 Celsius when I got up, snow is going down quickly, but overall a dull day. A new month already! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!