Friday 2 February 2024

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you! 




This made me smile this morning.  Bringing back memories of sliding down the hill near where we lived as children. Driving past it now, my sister and I always remark on how its not very high at all and yet, when we were children it seemed much higher. Anthony made the same remark when we drove past it when he was home this last time.   Funny  how that goes.




Just Bright Ideas. 24 crochet valentines projects to put a little love on your hook.




Adventure in a Box.  Stained Glass Suncatchers. Easy to make.




Living a Frugal Life.  Hanging paper valentines ornaments.




Amy Made That.  Cute Mug Rug.




From Clean Mama Net. Four ways to naturally soften and freshen your laundry. 




Baaa!!  A complete tutorial for crocheting this cute tea cosy found on LiaKnits.  




Just a photo found on Tumblr. But so sweet.  I could not find the original source, so no instructions. A cute pin cushion on wool. 




From Crochet Dreamz  A simple Granny Ripple Afghan!   A free pattern.





Free tutorial for a Tea and Cookie gift box. Found on Procrastistamper.  There is also a video! It looks really easy to do.  These would make great tea party invitations! (or favours)





Quick and Handy Business Card holders.  Love this idea! From Red Heart.  





A really easy pair of Crochet Slippers.  Free pattern from Crochet Dreamz.  



 
 



Golden Lucy Crafts.  A free pattern for Crochet Shamrocks.  St. Patricks Day is coming!  






Delilah Iris, a little mini felt teddy bear doll.  Soooo cute!  Can you see this dressed up for Christmas and hanging on the tree?  I can!  






The Katherine Wheel. Making Journals.  A tutorial.





How to make a Paper Flower Wreath on How to Build It.  




Tutorial for making a pincushion using an old CD from Jenny of Elefantz.  





The Polka Dot Chair, a study pillow.  Cute!   
 
And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something of interest here!

A thought to carry with you  . . .  
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
The more you are in the state of Gratitude,
the more you attract things to be grateful for.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Easy Baked Spaghetti and Meat Sauce. Everything cooks in the one pan, spaghetti and all.  I made it Vegan, but you could certainly use real meat and cheese if you wanted to.

I'm trying.  I don't like Vegan cheese. At least not the ones that are available for us to use here where I live.  The consistency is all wrong, or should I say different. I do not think they are like cheese at all.   I am not sure I can do without real cheese, no matter how much I want to experience Veganism.  Sigh . . . 

I hope you have a lovely day.  I am not sure but what we are going looking for cars today.  Depending on the weather which looks like a mix of rain and snow at the moment. Dad got the check for his car and it is burning a hole in his pocket. lol   Whatever you get up to, stay safe, don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


4 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely, crafty, Friday finds, Marie. Especially liked the stainedglass hearts. Smaller ones could be used to make a garland to hang in a window to catch the light. Hope your Dad finds a good, reliable car. Have fun. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "heart"ily like all your finds today. Car shopping should be fun, hope your Dad finds something he likes and that is within the range of money he got. Whatever that groundhog decides today, we will take it with a smile. Then the weather does what it wants! Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute ideas here. Hope the car thing works out...it is so hard to give up on driving (if you like to drive like my Hubby does).
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky from California2 February 2024 at 19:36

    I agree with you about vegan cheese, Marie. They always had a chemical taste to me when I tried being vegan, and also didn't seem to have much nutrition. I felt the same about vegan meats. I didn't last as a vegan, was always hungry, and was never really convinced it was that healthy. So many different opinions out there about diet. One of the latest things is people who eat only meat, nothing else, and swear that it improves all kinds of health woes. I think I feel best on just a balanced diet, though. Good luck to you whatever path you follow!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!