Friday 9 February 2024

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . maybe they will do the same for you! 





Love these cute hot pads. Jemela_crochet on Instagram. No instructions. Just eye candy. 





Love Knitting.  Not free, but not expensive either. A keyhole scarf. I love these things.





Far From Normal. Altoid Tin First Aid Kit. 




No source but I really like this. I have a love for needlebooks, pin cushions, and pincases.




Again, no source, but very pretty. I love the fabric choices and it looks like there is a sheet to match. Some people are very clever.




Love these bow tied pillows. Sophie Robinson Interiors


 


There is a brilliant tutorial on The Cards We Drew to make this pretty spring pinwheel wreath.   While I would not choose these exact colours for the background/ribbon, this is a really sound idea and I can envision how very pretty it would be with other colours!  It's really simple to make also.




A whole host of  printables for a movie party.   You can get them at an instant download at Dimple Prints.  I love the bright colours!  Not that I will be having any movie parties, but you never know!





I couldn't find a source for this, but I have fallen in love with this idea.   Drawer fronts decoupaged with different fabrics from your fabric stash.  You wouldn't even have to use a different one for each drawer.  You could use the same one on each drawer, or even fabric that matches your bedspread, etc.  What a delightful way to add some colour to a room!  I love it!





Ok.  I am officially in love.  You know how much I love red and white.   And how much I love toile.   And how much I love gingham.  Polkadots.  Pompoms!  This footstool has it all!   I found this on Work Room Intelligence.  




How to make your own pattern.  If you are a sewer this is fabulous.  Also if you have ever had a shirt or some such that you absolutely love and have no hope of ever finding another one just like it, this is just the ticket!  Make your own pattern using your own clothing as the guide!  Fab tutorial on Sweet Verbena.   I love it!




Twelve surprising uses for Vicks Vapo Rub on Divine Caroline.   And you thought it was just for when you have a cold!   Surprisingly it is good for all sorts!  Including getting rid of nail fungus (yikes!) and repelling mosquitoes!  Vicks Vapo Rub is the scent of my childhood!




 Recycled jeans made into carrier bags from Crafty Recycling. This is nothing new.   We used to make things out of our old jeans when I was a teen.  We also used to sew materials onto the bottoms of our jeans to lengthen them and make them pretty, or add wedges of fabric to make them really wide bell bottomed!  Yes, we have always been creative!




I love the little painted arch cornices on this doorway from Lilac Lane Cottage.  It just goes to show that it doesn't take a lot to make something look pretty and fresh and new.   I actually love this blog.   She has such a pretty little cottage, well not so little.  It just appears little.  I love her style.




It's an Ottoman made from a Styrofoam cooler!  Found on Imparting Grace.  




I so need one of these.   Even my kindle hurts to hold when I am in bed.  One of these would be fabulous.  I found this on on Sugarcubes and Spicecake!  




Fabric lined baskets.  I love these.   They would be great as attractive storage, bread baskets, etc.  Tutorials on Country Living. Apparently all you need is baker's twine, pinking sheers, fabric and hot glue.


And those are my finds for this week. I hope there was something which you enjoyed seeing and might be inspired to do yourself!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Heed the small still voice
that so seldom leads us wrong
& never into folly.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Mme. du Dessand ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Crumb Topped Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots.  Simply delicious!


I am working hard at getting my lesson ready for Relief Society on Sunday. I have had weeks to prepare but again have not done much for it until now.  I don't know what happens to my time. It gets swallowed up. I need to really put my nose to the grindstone today and get it sorted!  

I hope that you have a lovely day. Whatever you get up to be blessed, be happy, stay safe and warm, and don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

2 comments:

  1. Morning, Marie. Lots of lovely Friday finds. Good luck with your talk on Sunday. I know you'll do well. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds to check out. I love needle cases too. Another lovely spring like day here, but next week there will be more winter like weather. Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!