Monday 5 February 2024

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




This is a photo I took from my back door about mid-day yesterday. That is when I could open the door. I can't now.  We finally got some snow and we got more than we bargained for!  Combined with high winds it made any kind of travel on the weekend dangerous and foolhardy although I did see some people out and about.  My church was cancelled and moved to an online Zoom meeting instead, which was fine.  There was no Sunday dinner at Cindy's. We all stayed cozy and safe in our own homes. I am so grateful that I have a home to shelter in. That is a great blessing that I do not take for granted.

It has finally stopped snowing, but there is a blowing snow advisory still in effect.



 


Early on in the storm we were able to get out to do some grocery shopping for our dad and to check on him.  Dan did the driving and the roads were not great. They were very greasy.  But we managed to do what we needed to do safely.  Dad had enough frozen meals to eat for a few days and some fresh fruit, etc.  He did get out for breakfast on Saturday morning, but that was the last time any of us was out. Saturday morning.  As they say better safe than sorry!  Grateful that I was able to bring him some of what he needed before it got too bad.



This is a picture I took just a few minutes ago of the houses across the way. You can see how much the snow has piled up and drifted. It doesn't look too bad around the truck but when you look at the front verandas they are pretty much snowed in.  Thankfully (fingers crossed) so far we did not lose any power, etc.


 


Thankful for hot drinks, toast, enough. So grateful that I have enough. Enough of everything.  Love, warmth, etc. 

Have you tried DavidsTea Forever Nuts?  Its amazing!



 

Grateful for a cozy bed to sleep in. Warm and comfortable. I am so blessed.



 


Grateful for warm clothes, hat, coat, mitts, socks, etc.  That is no small thing. I am no fashion plate and most of what I have I have had for years, but I am grateful for each thing that I have to wear.   Take care of what you have and it will take care of you.


 


Good books to read. You cannot beat the classics. How wonderful it is that so many talented people throughout the years have been able to write their stories so that we can read them, and enjoy them, time and time again. The classics, I  never tire of them.





Family. I am so grateful for mine.  My dad, my sister, my brother, my children. I love each of them dearly. They are everything to me, which is as it should be.  I am very blessed to have some very good people in my family. I know it is not so with everyone. I do not take any of them for granted.




I am so grateful for my faith in God. It has helped me to shoulder all of the worst things that life has thrown my way. Life has never been easy for me.  I have had my share of problems and sorrows, but I know many others have it far worse.  I have seen God's hands working in my life always, through the bad and the good.   In a lifeboat everyone prays.  My faith is not a now and then kind of faith. It is constant.  I don't only worship, pray to, or believe in God when things are bad.  I remember Him in the good times as well.  He has always been there for me, even if I haven't always known it.  It is often in hindsight that we recognize the things He has done for us.  I know not all people have a faith and a belief in God and that's okay for them. For me, it is everything.  I would not have it any other way.


 


One month closer to spring.  Grateful for that. Aren't we all!  


I am running out of time so best leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The only thing we never get 
enough of is love; and the
only thing we never give
enough of is love.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Henry Miller° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •





In The English Kitchen today   . . .  the English Secret to a GREAT Jacket Potato!


I hope that you have a beautiful week full of love and safety and blessings. May you have enough of all you stand in need of.  Be blessed and be happy. don't forget!



═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you over the weekend as we saw the updates on The Weather Network. Glad you are warm and safe and staying inside till they get your complex cleared out and the roads are safe again. Times like this we value the phone and the internet to stay in touch. I have a partial tin of Nuts Forever tea from David's tea, which is now unfortunately closed in our area. Keep busy inside till it is safe to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan of Forever Nuts for years:)It is really good..You did get snow! Cape Breton was really hit..Unreal pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is some snow...hope you manage to stay safe and have electricity all thru this time!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!