Monday 8 May 2023

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 




"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




Back to bed snuggles early in the morning with the kitkats.  I hardly slept a wink last night. Just one of those nights, and so after I called my father this morning I popped back into bed for what I hope would be a little nap. The cats came in with me.  They were quiet for a few minutes and then Nutmeg decided he would rather be underneath the blankets, and then Cinnamon decided she wanted to play pouncey pouncey on top of that moving lump beneath the blankets, and so I gave up.  But it was nice while it lasted! 


 


The drive too and from church yesterday morning. It was such a beautiful sunny and warm day yesterday. The leaves are all unfurling on the trees and the grass is getting lovely and green, flowers are blooming. It was just so lovely being able to look at it all from the car windows and appreciate it.  We live in such a wonderful world filled with so much beauty.  I  know it is not like that for everyone, but I do feel blessed in knowing that it is like that for me.


 



Its tulip season and they are so beautiful. I know they don't last very long, so I am enjoying them while I can.  Many of my neighbors have them growing in their front gardens. So pretty. 


 

Reading. I love reading. I think that is probably one of the most valuable things I ever learned to do.  I am so grateful for the Canadian school system and the gift of a free education. I am sure that I took it for granted the whole time I was growing up. But what a privilege and a blessing it was. There are so many people in the world who are not given that same gift.  It is a life changing privilege.


 


Being able to read has opened up new worlds, and taken me to places that I would never have been able to see or experience otherwise. I am so grateful for a father who started me off on this journey by always reading to me, and instilling a love of books and reading in me.


 


Having a place to call my own. It has been two years now since I moved into my cute little house. I am so grateful for it.  It is warm and it is cozy and it brings me joy.  These four walls are filled with peace and love and contentment.  I am truly blessed.




Having a heart that always sees the glass as being half full rather than half empty.  Life is so much sweeter and easier if you can look on the bright side of things. I am grateful for my ability to rise above what drags most people down. That is a true gift of the spirit.




This. The key to a happy life.  I know this to be true. 




This also. I am not lonely.  I love my life.  I do have my moments of sadness, I would not be human otherwise, but for the most part I am living a really wonderful life, filled with family and faith and friends.  I have a purpose and a reason to get up every morning. I have my health, or at least a reasonable facsimile.  I am warm. I am fed.  I am blessed.

I can hear a mower going. They are cutting the grass. Hard to believe.  Wasn't it only a few weeks ago they were plowing the snow?  Time flies when you are having fun they say!  I think I am having fun!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Thoughts are like seeds,
so what you plant in your mind
can be flowers or weeds. •。★★ 。* 。






In The English Kitchen today  . . . Stuffed Roast Pork Loin with Butter Roasted Potatoes. Delicious!

I hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful week. May you be truly blessed with all that you need and what brings you joy. Along the way don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am a reading lover too, and our first daughter always had her nose in a book, now she is a librarian! A lovely sunny day, grass is very wet from some overnight rain but it really needs cutting when it dries out. Enjoy this lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count one's blessings is a good thing...some days taking more work than others, but at least there is beautiful nature to enjoy and for free even!! I think these days most people have times of discouragement, if for not other reason what the powers that be are causing to happen most places on earth...but at least we know their time is short to do such...especially for us as we grow older and our REAL home comes into view!! To have kin that care as your siblings and Dad do is something many of us can only dream of, but it is nice to experience it via your eyes and words!! Thank you!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sentiments and lovely images…happy new week! I too, am blessed with more than enough and wish the same for everyone.
    Thanks for sharing your day, enjoy. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much V! Happy new week to you also! I wish that everyone could be as blessed as we are! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!