Friday 12 May 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!   





I am in love with this fabulous mug from Susan Branch.  There is everything I love on it.  The Queen, Forget-me-nots, flag bunting.  This is just a paper mock-up.  I am debating on whether to get it or not.  Sigh  . . . 



























How to make the perfect bow.  Something I always struggle a bit with.  They somehow always end up a bit wonky!  From On Sutton Place.





















How to makeover a Card Table.  (Can you still find these things?  I would love one!)  From Pretty Handy Girl.   A complete Tutorial.



























How to transfer any image using Freezer Paper.    From  Home Frosting.





























Never buy dryer sheets again.   From On Our Weigh To Health.




















 



Streak Free Window Cleaning.  No wiping or squeegee required.  From One Good Thing.






























A sew it yourself Soap Pouch.   Very simple.   Pouch doubles as a flannel (face cloth).  From Happy DIY Mom.




















 



Vintage patterns.   Thousands of out of print vintage sewing patterns.  I love it!  From Vintage Patterns Wikia.






















I just love this Dresden Bunting!  Very nostalgic looking and quaint.   From Make It Do.   Scroll down the page a bit  and you will see it, a complete tutorial.




























Log Cabin Slippers, using mostly scraps.   From Charm About You.  I love these!
























 



I just LOVE this pretty Daisy Doily!  Oh how I wish my old eyes and fingers would co-operate.  Pattern is in Japanese Symbols.   Very easy to follow.   Found on La Passion De Crochet.  I've crocheted many doilies through the years, but sadly I don't have any myself.   They were all given away.  





26 Food Swaps for healther snacking.  From Feed Buzz.   For starters I would never have a bagel or an English muffin spread with cream cheese, jam or anything else as a "snack."   That would be a meal to me, but whatever.  There is some good information there regardless.




Perhaps you're not as obsessed with recipes  as I am, but I have quite a few prints out stacked in a pile.   Here's a nifty way to organize them from Confessions of a SerialDIYer.






A really nice Menu Planner. I try to plan each week before I do my shopping, but it's just a handwritten list on a piece of foolscap.  This is way nicer to look at!  From Heartland Paper.






Seven ways to cut the clutter in your refrigerator.   From Delicious Recipes.






Sew Easy Outdoor Cushion Covers.   A complete tutorial.   Another one from Confessions of a Serial diyer.




How to age Terra Cotta Pots.   From Debbie Doos.






Embellished Dish Towels.   Really cute.   From Melissa Mortenson at The Polka Dot Chair.





9 Yard Sale Do's and Don'ts for Yard Sale Success from No Biggie






I just love these paper Butterfly Magnets.  They're so pretty!  From Modge Podge Rocks.




 I just love these mason jar pin cushion sewing kits.   You can find a complete tutorial on eHow.




A toilet paper roll Paddington Bear.   Loving it.   From Red Ted Art.





How to make a French Styled Bench from a couple of broken chairs.  Complete tutorial.   Loving it.   A complete tutorial from An Oregon Cottage.






Love these cute little fairy gardens.   Now to find a suitable container!  From Pink and Green Mama.






This Puff Paint Pillow Cover from BHG is really nice.   Can you imagine the possibilities?

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something useful amongst it all.  ☺


A thought to carry with you   . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Respect is appreciation of the
separateness of the other person,
of the ways in which •。★★ 。* 。
he or she is unique.•。★★ 。* 。
~Annie Gottlieb•。★★ 。* 。







In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Pub Cheese Open Faced Burgers.  Simple to make and oh so tasty!

I started off this morning with an Ocular Migraine. Thank goodness it has gone off now!  They don't hurt, but they do make it hard to see.  David (Eileen's friend) is coming with his dad to pick up my recyclables at some point. It looks to be a really sunny and nice day in the offing, well so far anyways.  Whatever you get up to today, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. I love my card table, have it in my craft room, a puzzle table in the winter, a crafting table in the summer. I'm in the precess of putting together my fairy garden, was in an old sink last year, but have opted for 2 shallow containers this year, so much easier for me to move around. Enjoy this beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your fairy garden is adorable Linda! Those old card tables are real gems! Hard to find today! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow...lots of neat ideas today...even vintage patterns...thank you!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and dad used to give a card table and 4 chairs as a wedding present. So useful for extra seating at Christmas. I haven't seen them for sale for ages. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its very handy to have a card table and chairs Elaine, but, yes, very difficult to find a set today! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Charming ideas! Happy weekend…xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!