Thursday 4 May 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things that make me smile, bring happiness and joy, and make my heart go pitter pat. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I say its worth a thousand smiles. 

♥♥♥      

 

Vanilla ice cream in sugar cones  . . . 

 

White dishes  . . . 

 

White gloves, although one seldom has the occasion to wear them anymore  . . . 

 

Forget me nots  . . .

 

Candle light  . . . 

 

Pearls  . . . 

 

Polka dots  . . . 

 

Fred Astaire movies  . . . what a dancer he was  . . . 

 

Cardigans . . .  I need to really learn how to knit  . . . 

 

The Bridge of Sighs . . . Cambridge

 

Bette Davis  . . . 



1950's fashions  . . . 


Fantasia, 1940. The Waltz of the Flowers, Nutcracker Suite . . . 

 

Lion Cubs, beautiful creatures  . . . 

 

Deer . . .  three timid yearlings just went through the yard  . . . 

 

Peekaboo . . . 

 
(source

Kicking up your heels  . . . 

 

Watching the sun set  . . . 

 

Greek walls  . . .  

 

Wild flower bouquets  . . . 

 

The sound of crashing waves  . . .  

 

European Robins  . . . 

 

Daisies  . . .  I'll give you a daisy a day dear  . . .  I'll give you a daisy a day.  I'll love you until the rivers run still, and the four winds we know blow away  . . . 

 

The moon and the stars  . . . 

 

Stamps  . . . 

 

Garden fairies  . . . 

 

Cushion covers . . . 

 

Greengate . . . 

 

Ruffles  . . .  

 

Butterflies . . .  so pretty  . . . 



And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope that some of them are also some of yours!


Could you please keep my father's friend Hazel in your prayers.  She has been diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. This is the second time. My dad called me last night to tell me. Very sad.


Also, has this happened to any of you who have blogs?  I got this notice on this blog I am writing this morning that said that they had put one of my posts under a warning notice because it contained sensitive content as outlined in Blogger's Community Guidelines, but it doesn't tell me which post it is. Also on the kitchen blog, it has unpublished a post for the same reason???  Again, not telling me which post they are talking about.  Is there anyway to find out what post it is?  Its very strange.

I can't imagine.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.We overthink happiness,
There is something good in every moment,
Find it and keep your focus there.
~Kirsten Butler •。★★ 。* 。 

 


In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Pork Medallions with a Creamy Dijon Sauce.  Tender and delicious!  Quick and easy to make as well!
 

To each of you, have a beautiful day.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget  . . . 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 

 


13 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the post thing...it's Spam. And don't click it.
    Love all these things.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has strange things going on with my blog yesterday. I don't know what's causing it either. I asked on my blog too. Just some weird stuff. I got that warning as well. I have to see if they unpublished any of my posts now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its crazy that they can do that without letting you know or giving you a chance. xoxo

      Delete
  3. So many favourites today. Positive thoughts for Hazel. I don't use Blogger, but possibly someone reported one of your posts, goodness knows why, and that is why it was flagged. Hopefully Blogger can help you out, I mean if they don't explain things how can you fix them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! I can't think why anyone would report any of my posts. As far as I can think they are all pretty normal! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Sorry no idea why:(Lots of adorb things Marie..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about Hazel...will pray for her too...there are just so many these days either with cancer or who have lost loved ones to another health issue, even younger folks too!! Sorry about blogger...wonder if the person who has pestered you in the past is at it again? I know nothing about blogger rules...hope it works out!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elizabeth! There will always be hateful people about I suppose. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Daisies are my favorite! My DH sings that song to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a sweet husband Marceline, and thank you very much for the prayers! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!