Friday 19 May 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!  





 I did not know this.   It's a great piece of information to have.




I love, LOVE this felt strawberry scissor keeper.  It looks really easy to make as well.  A free pattern from Red Brolly.  




How to make your own coloured mason jars, from Momtastic.  I adore coloured glass.  It's as simple as using food colouring and Mod Podge.   Who knew???   Momtastic did!




I just love these cute bowls.   You make them from balloons and paper machier and fabric strips.  Rather cute don't you think?   Not sure what I would use them for.  Found on Bread and Buttons.  




No source for this, but you simply mod podge photographs onto boards, paint the edges and then hang with ribbons.  I love this idea.




I am loving these fabric covered boxes which I found on In My Own Style.   It looks like a very simple idea.




Quick and Easy Headboard Updates from BHG.  I love the BHG website.  There is always something great on their page, from cooking to decorating and everything in between.




Spa In a Jar from The Gunny Sack.  What a great gift idea!  It would be great to do with the Young Women or the Relief Society at church as well.   I love it!  Plus there are free printables.




Mason Jar Pincushions.  There is a complete tutorial on The Seasoned Homemaker.  I adore pin cushions.  Like egg cups and tea cups and salt and pepper shakers.  I could easily collect them!




How to make tiny gift boxes.   This will come in really handy I reckon! Found on The Dapper Toad.  There have been lots of times when I have wanted a small box for a small gift.  Now I can make my own.  And I can customize them to match the gift!




Free Printable Mason Jar Alphabets.   One for each letter.  All downloadable and printable.  All free. From The Cottage Market, an eclectic blog.  Works for me!




Homemade Gummy Bears.  Healthy.  No preservatives or artificial colours.  All natural ingredients. From a blog called Undressed Skeleton.




A DIY headband.  This looks fairly easy to do.  It's not just any headband, but a twisted Turban headband made from an old t-shirt.  I found this on Honeybee Vintage.  Great page.





I just love these tea towels with the prairie points.  They are pretty and colourful and would be a great way to use up bits and bobs of fabric you have laying around.   There is a full tutorial on Lilluna.  They look fairly straightforward and easy to make.





Paper Scrap Garlands.   You will find this and other gift wrapping ideas on Crate Paper.  




Washi Tape Flags.  You could make these with skewers if you want tall ones, or toothpick if you want small ones.  They would be a great way to decorate Birthday Cakes or Cupcakes, for themed parties, etc.   Found on Pink Suede Shoe.  


 


I love this floral arrangement.  I would never have thought of using my button collection in such a way.  This is a great way to get them out of the button box and on display.  Not sure I would do a huge one.  (I'd be too afraid of ruining my buttons!)  But I think I could manage a small one!




There are some really cute gift ideas here, on Vintage Paper Parade.   I love that blog!   There's a lot of cute things on that page.   I don't know how people keep coming up with these novel ideas.  I am always amazed at what I find!




A new use for the tabs from the soda pop tins.  Picture hangers!  Found on Apartment Therapy.  I would NEVER have thought of that!  Genius!




Dining Chair Slip Covers.  I love these.  There is a complete tutorial on Miss Mustard Seed.


And that is it for this week.   I hope you found something there to tickle your fancy too!

A thought to carry with you through today . . .


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *When the trees 
bow down their heads,
the wind is passing by.
~Christina Rossetti•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。





Cooking today in The English Kitchen, a very British, but also very Indian, Chicken Tikka Masala.  I love a good curry every now and then! Its not something I grew up with but that I came to appreciate later in life!



Look at what my sister brought over to me yesterday. I was almost crying. This is my toy lamb that was mine when I was a baby. I grew up with it and as you can see it is well loved.  I thought it was lost.  I am so glad that I didn't have that over in the UK with me. It would have been gone forever. I know it is tatty and worn and discolored, but I love this stuffed lamb. I slept with it every night of my childhood, until I was a teenager anyways. I love my Lamby.

And with that I wish you a very good day. May it be filled with all the things that you love, tatty, torn or otherwise.  Be blessed and don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 


P.S. I love the speed of my new internet. Its so much faster and I can get my work done a lot quicker! More time for play!

8 comments:

  1. Lots of neat ideas here...thanks! So nice your sister still had your childhood toy...cannot imagine that, with all the moves I have made, such is a very long time gone!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Elizabeth. My mom actually had it and my sister had put it away somewhere when mom passed and only just found it! I was meant to have it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh your lamb:):):):):): Pure joy and a flood of memories for you.A great great gift.Have a wonderful weekend..Hug Lamby:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! YOU have a lovely weekend also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a treasure to have back in your possession. Such a wonderful sister to have kept it all these years. Lots of lovely finds today. It's a bit hazy today from the Alberta fires, and our temperatures should be warming up after two very chilly nights. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an absolute treasure Linda! I wonder if we will get the fire haze down here? xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a cute little lamb. Glad it is safely back in your arms again. I didn't know you could use a crayon for a candle. Cute if you ran out of birthday candles. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I never thought of using them for birthday candles. What a great idea! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!