Monday 29 May 2023

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.





I'm a little bit late getting started this morning. That's because I just spent some time facetiming with my oldest son. It is his 48th birthday today!  48 years ago he arrived in this world and I became a mother!  Yay!  I love him so much. He is just the nicest son and the nicest man. Kind and caring.  A great husband, father and son.  I hope that he has the best day possible.  Happy Birthday Anthony!




There are forest fires raging in Nova Scotia at the moment. We are having a very dry year.  This one is just 10 minutes away from where my daughter and her family live.  I am praying they will all be safe and that they will not need to be evacuated. So far, so good.  I am praying that the firefighters are soon able to contain these fires so nobody else loses everything.  Halifax has declared a state of emergency.

Its selfish I know but I pray that my daughter, her family and their home remain safe.




I am grateful for the opportunity I have each week to partake of the sacrament and renew my Baptismal Covenants.  To take the name of Jesus Christ upon my self and to remember Him. This is a wonderful opportunity to begin anew for anyone who is struggling.  It is my favourite part of the week. I love the prayers. I love seeing the young men practicing their Priesthood in the blessing and passing. I love the sacredness of it all. I love the feelings of renewal which accompany it . . . and the tenderness of the Savior's love for me which I feel when I partake of these sacred emblems, and divine covenants.





We had a wonderful lesson in Relief Society yesterday based on the talk Peacemakers Needed given by Russell M Nelson in the last conference.  If you would like to read the talk, you can find it here.  I always get a lot out of these talks.  They inspire, uplift and help me to do and be better.




I am ever grateful for my sister.  She was my very first best friend in life, next to my mom and dad. She has always been on my side, even when I have been making stupid choices and decisions.  She might not always agree with my actions but has always supported my right to make my own choices.  She has been there to pat me on the back when I have done well, and to help pick me up when things have gone horribly wrong.  She has always loved me no matter what, through the good times and the bad.  She has been the greatest gift my parents ever gave to me and I am so very grateful for that gift. 




Family dinners.  I had the opportunity to have my family over for dinner yesterday. I don't get to do it very often, but being back in Canada means that I get to do it a lot more than I did!  I had them all over yesterday and we enjoyed Grilled chicken, potato salad, etc.  My sister brought a sugar free apple pie for dessert. It was just nice all being together. 





My car is all sparkling clean inside and out. Yesterday, while I was at Church, Dan detailed my car.  He washed it all nice and clean, vacuumed it, wiped all of the insides down, cleaned the windows. It looks really nice and I was so grateful for what he did.  You almost need sunglasses to look at it now!  I am so blessed to have a Dan in my life to do these things for me.





I am grateful for this simple life of mine. For simple days filled with simple things, simple people, simple pleasures.  With enough.  Enough of all that I need.  Enough love.  Enough to eat. Enough to drink. A life filled with simple joy.  I am truly blessed.

Faith, family, friends  . . .  love.  I have it all.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Enough is a decision
not an amount.
~Alison Faulkner
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。






In The English Kitchen today . . .  Grilled BBQ Chicken.  Delicious, tender, moist and perfectly cooked.

I hope you have a beautiful day. Be happy, love, be at peace. Be blessed.  Don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

 

And I do too!     
      
 
 

4 comments:

  1. We have been hearing about and seeing the fires in NS, hope everyone is safe. Family dinners are to be treasured. Happy birthday to your son. A lovely week ahead, I know you will make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your daughter and her family. Hope they can get the fires under control. Stay safe. Stay well. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Anthony! Wow, that Dan is great! Stay safe, enjoy your day and be well. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah such nice things here...so glad for your happy meal with kin and the lovely job on your car...my looks brand new!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!