Thursday 11 May 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you.  
   
 



Light.  I love things, rooms etc. to be light and airy  . . .  I also love shadows and light and the beautiful way they play together . . . 





Book ends  . . .  they add such charm.  These are playing hide and seek . . . she's only on 98, 99, 100 . . . ready or not, here I come. 






Painted portraits  . . .  who were these people, what were their dreams  . . . everyone has a story to tell.  Ghosts from the past  . . . 



  




Macarons  . . . crisp little bites of heaven  . . .  I've only ever had them once, but have not forgotten. I have never made them. Never.  Too afraid I think. They demand perfection and I am not good at perfection  . . . 






Blowing bubbles  . . .  watching them dance in the air and float  . . .  big, small and tiny, tiny. The other day when I went to use dish soap, a bunch of little bubbles exploded from the container and floated in front of my eyes next to the sink. It was magical  . . .  

The kitkats like to play with bubbles. They are fascinated by them.




  




Shutters on windows  . . .  working ones. Ones you can pull shut at the end of the day.  This doesn't look real. It looks like a doll's house  . . . 






Yes please  . . . can you imagine a little tea party in a spot such as this?



  




Flower boxes  . . .  on balconies, windows, etc.  So beautiful . . . there were wonderful ones in Austria . . . 








Being a mother  . . . its Mother's Day this weekend. Happy Mother's day!



  





Yarn  . . .  I love to roll it into compact little balls . . .  its a mindless occupation that keeps the hands busy and they look so tidy when done. 


 




I bought a pillow pattern yesterday to help use up some of my yarn scraps.  I got it here.  I am in love with it. Love this girls patterns.  








I also bought a hot water bottle cover pattern.  Same seller.






I know this to be true  . . .  I love truth  . . . 







Piano music  . . .  I could listen to Paul Cardall for hours and hours and hours  . . . . Still wishing I could take piano lessons  . . . 







Love this  . . . 


  



Hollyhocks  . . .  they scream cottage garden  . . . 






This  . . .  fanciful thoughts  . . .  I love fanciful thoughts  . . . 




  



Pretty tea pots  . . .  not to mention pretty tea cups  . . . 







I love the simple things in life, and living a simple life . . . 







Round windows  . . . . 



  




Barbie  . . .  I always wanted one with a pony tail like my sister had  . . . 








Copper kettles  . . .  so long as I don't have to  be the one polishing them  . . . I had enough of copper polishing at the Manor . . . 



  


Yes  . . . . 



Wooden clothespins  . . . . 


  



Dunking biscuits  . . .  yes, I'm a dunker  . . . 





I have had enough  noise in my life. I am all for the quiet life now.  Bring it on!



And those are my favorite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
If you want to fly,
give up everything
that weighs you down.
~Buddah  •。★★ 。* 。 



 
 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Martha's Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing. I love this stuff!  Its another favorite thing! I could eat it with a spoon!

Off to have my tires done this morning. We could not find a bolt yesterday to replace the one which is missing on my winter tires.  I will probably end up having to buy a whole set.  Oh well, so be it. You have to do what you have to do!


Have a beautiful day!  Love and be loved and don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 


6 comments:

  1. That pillow will be lovely, what a great way to use up yarn. A lovely day today, I'm off for my monthly outing with one of my friends. Garden center shopping yesterday, oooh lots of fun, but expensive. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sheep photo...we love watching a Canadian sheep farmer/farmer's wife on Youtube...sheep are really cute and funny creatures!! My dad had some for a couple years when I was a teen...but the neighbor dogs would not leave them alone, killing some, so he quit raising them.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that house looks so cozy, love Barbie, lovely crocheting…I saved my mom’s wooden clothes pegs…I’m not sure what to do with them, they’re in a mason jar … remind me of both her, my grandmother and great grandmother. Good luck with the tires!
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely favourites, Marie. I love that hot water bottle cover. So pretty. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie! I have been on a two month blogging break and it looks like I have missed some fun posts from you! I think you know that I really love your, favorite things posts, so I'm glad checked in. Oh my goodness those book ends... so cute. I loved Barbie's so much when I was a girl, although I didn't have one with long hair, but I always got the blonde one. The macrons look so delicious. My daughter learned how to make them and they are so good... but tedious. I think I may have to buy the pillow pattern, I love the colors and I also love the granny stitch. Did you finish your blanket? I would love to see a photo. I have been making hot pads with a box of yarn that my mom had. They are fun and work up quick, plus my girls love them. So good to see you here in blog-land! See you next time. Hugs and Love, Barb XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!