Thursday 18 May 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 




A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy.  Maybe they will do the same for you. 


 

 

I may not be a gardener but I have always loved seed catalogues and planning gardens. I also love to walk through beautiful gardens and appreciate their beauty.  In the UK the National Trust had loads of beautiful gardens, usually attached to stately  homes,  that you could visit and appreciate.


 


Spring blossom  . . .  so much promise unfolding. Pear, apple, cherry, etc.  . . . the promise of good things to come.


 

A wood fire early in the  morning, just to warm things up.  The crackle of the logs, the smell.  Its all good . . . 


 

A long soak in a hot tub  . . .  luxurious  . . . 


 

A comfy chair to curl up in  . . . still wishing for one of those. 


 


Daisies  . . .  I'll give you a daisy a day dear . . . love them.


 

Morning oats  . . . 


 

Geraniums, although I am partial to red, I do love them all.  You can get some lovely scented ones.


 

Baking  . . . I love to bake.  Unfortunately it gets in  my mouth, lol


 

Old dishes  . . . 


 

Bread, especially rustic loaves . . .  sour dough . . . 


 

Kitchen windows, especially over the sink . . . something to watch while you are doing the dishes.


 


Violets, my sister's yard is filled with them, both white and purple . . . 


 

Stepping stones  . . . 


 

Knitted socks  . . .  so pretty  . . . 


 

Ducklings  . . .  so cute  . . . 


 

Colored pyrex bowls  . . . 


 

Pretty glass tumblers  . . . 


 

Pom Pom trim  . . . 


 

Bee skeps  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  Its a chilly morning out there this morning.  I have my electric fire place turned on. The sun is shining however and there is not a cloud in the sky, so I expect it will warm up nicely!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Turn off the news.
Go outside. Breathe.
We were not meant to
carry the burden of•。★★ 。* 。
the entire world.•。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 




There is something slightly different in The English Kitchen today  . . . Dandelion Honey.  Something delicious to create from foraging.  It really is very tasty and a great Vegan substitute for the real thing.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   


4 comments:

  1. Hi Marie~ The mornings have been really chilly here in Idaho, I would love to have a little wood stove to warm things up, insead, I just turn up the heat. Just yesterday I fed my sourdough start and put it in the refrigerator. I love sourdough, but have a hard time using it as often as it needs to be used. Last summer, my grands and I made dandelion honey. We used pectin and I didn't like the way it turned out. I can't wait to try your recipe, it looks delicious! Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mornings have been really chilly here as well Barb! I hope you try the honey. Its really delicious and such a simple thing to make! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. So many favourites this morning, daisies are one of my favourite flowers, also was my Dad's. We had a light frost overnight, but lovely and sunny now and warming up. Grocery shopping day. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a good day Linda! We had a light frost last night. Happy I hadn't put in any flowers yet! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!