Tuesday 18 October 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  


FOR TODAY, October 18th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its dark. Dark. Dark. Surprisingly it is not raining. Today is garbage day. It's usually raining.

I am thinking ...
I hope I can pick my car up today. Last week when they put my snow tires on, they said three of them were flat. So, they pumped them up and said if I had any issues to bring the car back. On Saturday when I went to my sisters for pizza, I noticed one of them was flat when I went to drive home. Yesterday morning two of the were flat. So, the CAA came and towed it to the garage. I am hoping, really hoping that I don't have to buy new snow tires.  The ones that are on it look really new. Even the tow driver said he thought they looked like really good tires.

I am thankful for ...
My membership in the CAA. If you are a woman on your own and you drive, its a must have.

In the kitchen ...



Ginger Doodles  If snickerdoodles and ginger crinkles had a baby it would be a gingerdoodle. Delicious. 

On my "to Cook" list ...


Gonna Want Seconds. Cheesy French Pinwheels. If its pastry count me in!

Good to know ...



I am wanting to create ... 





No source, but I have always loved playing with tins  . . . 




Again, no source, but love, love  . . . 




Tonya Bush on Ravelry. Reindeer Hot Pad. So cute!



Pixie Hill.  Thimble Christmas Trees. So cute!




Alexandra Halsey. Puffball Gnome Ornies. Cute!

I am reading ... 



Pachinko, by Min Jin Lee
"There could only be a few winners, and a lot of losers. And yet we played on, because we had hope that we might be the lucky ones." 

 In the early 1900s, teenaged Sunja, the adored daughter of a crippled fisherman, falls for a wealthy stranger at the seashore near her home in Korea. He promises her the world, but when she discovers she is pregnant--and that her lover is married--she refuses to be bought. Instead, she accepts an offer of marriage from a gentle, sickly minister passing through on his way to Japan. But her decision to abandon her home, and to reject her son's powerful father, sets off a dramatic saga that will echo down through the generations. 

 Richly told and profoundly moving, Pachinko is a story of love, sacrifice, ambition, and loyalty. From bustling street markets to the halls of Japan's finest universities to the pachinko parlors of the criminal underworld, Lee's complex and passionate characters--strong, stubborn women, devoted sisters and sons, fathers shaken by moral crisis--survive and thrive against the indifferent arc of history.

I am really enjoying this book.  More than I have done any book in a while.

Looking forward to ...
Going up country later this week with my sister. I think we are going to hit Michaels.

Dreaming About ...

 

Real French Baguettes  . . .  Guy and Marie have retired. No more baguettes from them.  Sigh . . .



 

Halloween Cupcakes  . . . 

 

Painted acorns . . . 

 

Jack-O-Lanterns  . . . 

 

Reds and whites  . . . 

Makes me smile ... 

 


Gingerbread Vampires  . . . 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 



It is now raining . . .  see?  Garbage Day. Rain or snow, depending on the time of year.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Sometimes I just look up, smile,
and say, "I know that was you.
Thank you."•。★★ 。* 。


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

4 comments:

  1. Love those painted acorns. Your street looks so neat and tidy. So many lovely green lawns. It's our garbage day, too but it's not raining. Chilly, though. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky that our landlord takes care of all the grass, etc. It seems to rain or snow here every garbage day! Just coincidence, I think! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. It is a dark day here too, perhaps some rain on and off.
    We are off to get out flu shots this morning. Hope you get the tires sorted out for your car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go and get my flu shot Linda! Thanks for the reminder! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!