Friday 21 October 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!  


 



I love the colours of this baby blanket for a boy.   Found on My Sister's Knitter


 


DIY Lemon Peppermint Foot scrub.  From  Curious Charlie.  I love scrubs.  They can be really expensive though.  Making your own . . .  great idea!




Paint dipped bamboo kitchen utensils.  Super simple to make and a set of these would make a fab gift for the foodie in your life.  From The Deans List. Not sure if I like these colors though.



Now this cake stand is really pretty.   Would you believe that it is made from clear plastic chinet dishes?  I know!  Simple.  From evite.




No source, but all you need is an old fork and a pair of pliers.   A few bends and turns and you have a unique and very pretty photo holder!


 



Really pretty napkins eh?   As easy as buying some dark coloured plain napkins (or sewing some) and using a bleach pen and the eraser end of a pencil dipped in bleach. From Craft by Photo.  Such a simple idea! 



How to bleach pine cones.   From  E-how.  A bowl of these sitting on the coffee table would be quite pretty I think.




DIY Tart Pan Twelve Days of Christmas.   I think this is so sweet.   From Lilybean Paperie




 Car in a Jar Snow Globe, by Mason Jar Crafts.  This is so cute!  It looks really simple to do as well!  Cute gift!




Winter Fairy Garden Tea Cups, from Country Woman.   A D O R A B L E.




Homemade Baking Mix.  This is something I used to use a lot more of in the olden days.   Found on Happy Money Saver.



How to make paper mache hens out of cereal boxes.  You can find the Tutorial here.  I think they are so cute!



This little red bird ornament is so cute.   Found on Etsy.  How hard would this be to make.  Not that difficult I don't think!





Fab and Free Christmas Fonts from Design Editor.  I love different fonts.  I will be downloading some of these for sure!



A really cute pencil holder made from old rulers.  I love it!! Found on Eighteen25.  




How to machine sew on a binding.  Found on Bloomin Workshop.




12 Homemade Holiday Gifts that aren't Cookies.   There is everything here from spice rubs to homemade Vanilla extract.  Found on 100 Days of Real Food




I love these folded felt gift boxes.   They are simple and easy to make.  Found on Curbly.  The possibilities for using these are endless.


 



Now this is something I would never have thought of doing, but will do now!  Stamping on felt and then colouring in with markers!  Genius!   From Side Oats and Scribbles.  This is one of those things you just want to smack your forehead and say, "Now why didn't I think of that!"



Aimee's Victorian Armoire.  A nice apron. Supposedly takes one yard of fabric. Might take a bit more than that for me!


And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something interesting amongst the lot! 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Life is like a camera
You focus on what's important
Capture the good times
Develop from the negatives
And if things don't work out,
Take another shot  . . . 
~unknown 。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today . . .  Kung Pao Chicken, the small batch. This was incredibly delicious!

I hope you have a wonderful day today.  I am going to pop up to the Super Store this morning. They have roasting chicken on special. I like to buy my chickens whole and cut them up into pieces when whole chickens are on offer like that. It works out a lot cheaper!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



11 comments:

  1. Lots of fun ideas...thanks! Love the looks of the Kung Pao Chicken...finding good fresh veggies in this town is nigh impossible!! I told my Hubby the other day I felt I had to shop out of garbage cans because often you end up having to throw away at least half of an item...argh!! I hope that will improve soon!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight I used this recipe (with a couple exchanges for our preferences) and Hubby loved it...the sauces are esp. good I thought!! Thanks for sharing it!!

      Delete
    2. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the recipe Elizabeth! I have a farmers market right behind my house, but trust me, there is not always a good supply of fresh vegetables there either! I find the best way to buy vegetables is to buy them on the day you plan on using them! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your visit to Superstore, none around here, but we have visited them when out in BC. I still have the bleached pinecones I made a few years ago, still look good. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! They are a pretty good store! I think the bleached pine cones would probably last almost forever! Happy Friday! xoxo

      Delete

  3. Great finds, I especially love that cake stand. :-) Happy Friday, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! Its amazing what you can do with a few plastic cups and plates! Happy Friday! xoxo

      Delete
  4. A lot of excellent ideas. My grandmother always wore an apron like the one you like. She had several, all homemade. I enjoy that some of your ideas are geared towards Christmas, Marie. The photo holder or recipe card holder is pretty clever and useful. I like your thought to carry with you. Enjoy your weekend. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love an apron Elaine. I guess I am a messy cook. I should make myself one! Love and hugs and Happy Weekend! xoxo

      Delete
  5. So many cute ideas and with the economy tanking this is the year for homemade gifts to make a big comeback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about that Stacy! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!