Thursday 6 October 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥ What can I say. I like pretty things. I love looking at them and sometimes I even get to have some for myself.  




Country Gospel Music. Actually, I love any kind of Gospel music.  I could listen to it for ages and ages.  It just makes me feel good inside. 


 


Warm socks. It's that time of year.  I don't wear socks all summer but come the autumn I want to start wearing them.


 


Cake, any kind of cake. I just love cake. I like plain cakes best of all.




 



The smell of woodsmoke in the air.  I just love it.  I recently bought myself a candle that smells like woodsmoke. It is such a comforting smell to me.  I had a woodstove for much of my adult life, until I moved to the UK, and of course I don't have one now. My sister and I were talking about it in the car the other day. It's just too much work for us at our ages now. The lugging, the mess, etc.  


 

Old rolling pins, tea towels, bowls  . . .  vintage anything. New isn't necessarily better, and most times isn't.



Sweater weather . . .  Love digging out my cardigans and putting them on. Like a nice warm hug.


Danish Butter Cookies.  I cannot be trusted with them. Not. At. All. 



 

Brushed woolens . . . love the softness of them.



 

Pumpkin shaped anything . . . 


 

Fields filled with pumpkins . . . 



Oranges, russets, golds, browns, reds . . . 


 

Acorns . . . tough to walk on though . . .



 

Chinese lanterns . . . 



Currier and Ives . . .  anything . . . 

 


Did you ever try to peel an apple in one long peel?  Memories . . .


 


Border Collies . . . our Jess was a Border Collie.  I still cry when I think of her. She was such a sweet, sweet dog  . . . 


 


The beauty of nature . . . isn't it magnificent? 


 

Layers of petticoats . . . 

 


Autumn light . . . 


This . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week.  

Today I am feeling like a huge burden has been lifted from off my shoulders. There is nothing like getting an all clear to make you feel light.  I went into the Doctors yesterday with dread.  I thought if I expected the worst then I wouldn't be too upset if it was delivered. Although I don't think there is ever any way to lighten the worst.  When she said benign all the weight left me. It was a pinch me moment.  I am so grateful for all of the happy thoughts and prayers that have been lifted on my behalf. 

Now I can enjoy Thanksgiving without anything hanging over our heads. It will be a true Thanksgiving for sure and there is much to be grateful for indeed.  I am really looking forward to seeing my son. It's been about 10 1/2 years. Last time we were together in person was at our Eileen's wedding. Oh, we have talked many, many times through the years. He and Eileen were supposed to come over to the UK to see me just when Covid hit. The waiting will make it all the sweeter.  

I have a lot to do over the next couple of days.  Happy things to do!

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
The planet doesn't need more
 "Successful people",
The planet desperately 
needs more peacemakers,
healers, restorers, 
story tellers and lovers of all kinds.
~Dalai Lama  •。★★ 。* 。•。




Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . .  Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. Simply delicious. I served with a homemade Sriracha Mayo. Simple.

I hope you have a lovely Thursday, filled with lots of the things which bring you great joy!  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

4 comments:

  1. Such good news for you and a lovely visit with your son to look forward to. Happy and busy days as you prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quote today is so true!! I think most of us common folk at least, are so sick of wars and conflicts...our lives have seen so many of them!! Our last dog was 7/8th Blue Heeler and 1/8 Border Collie...have always liked Blue Heelers, but that bit of Border Collie made her the most perfect dog ever!! Also a sweet sweet dog!! Glad your son and you will finally get some time together in person!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!!!! Happy day to you, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!