Thursday 13 October 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

 


A few of the things in my life which make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they make your heart go pitter pat also! 






Bread and Butter. I love bread and butter. Any kind of bread. Salted butter. Real butter. I could make a meal of it and nothing else. The only thing better is bread and butter and jam.  Strawberry jam.

We never had margarine when I was growing up. Only butter, real butter and my mother never minded how much of it we spread on our bread either. My father would often ask did we want some bread on our butter because we would lay it on so thick.
 



Being able to laugh at myself.  I love making funny photos of myself on that Snap Chat. They make me laugh and laugh. Laughter is good medicine!  I share them with Eileen. (We are still not talking, but I send her my photos.) She laughs and laughs also. They are breaking the ice.



 


Each one of you. I appreciate each of you so very much. I know that lately I have been slow to respond to comments.  I don't know what happens to my time.  It seems to evaporate.  I spend probably 6-8 hours on my PC every day, working. My play time is separate and it usually happens on my iPad when I am relaxing in the evening, For some reason Blogger won't let me comment easily on my iPad, not even on my own blog.  Its frustrating.  Even though I am slow to comment, I do want you to know that I really appreciate each and every one of you.  Nobody has better readers than I have. Nobody.  You have been there with me through all of my ups and downs with your encouraging words and prayers and comments.  I wish I could give each of you a million bucks, but I can't . . . just my gratitude. You are one of my absolute favorite things!


 


Angels. Or at least the idea of them. Guardian angels, stone angels, any kind of angels. Cherubs. I love angels.



Aprons.  When I got married the first time, I was given a lot of aprons in my Bridal showers, etc. I loved them. There were everyday aprons and special occasion aprons as well. One of the first things I learned to sew in Home Economics at school was an apron.  I used to wear a tabard type of apron every day when I worked at the manor. I have always loved aprons.





Bluebirds. I have never seen one in real life. Just photographs of them. My mother's cousin Polly used to have them nesting at her home. I miss Polly. She always messaged me every day.  She was such a wonderful example of positivity.




Red hair and freckles. They make me smile.





Chickens in hats  . . . 




Frothy dresses  . . .  


 


Gingerbread decor.  I had a lot of it.  Loved it all. 




The art of collage.  I love making collages. 




Old community cookbooks. Filled with dozens of tried and trues.




Dolls. I love dolls. Any kind.  I just love dolls, and I love making dolls as well.  I haven't made a doll in a while other than Luna.  I have the things to make a Raggedy, but haven't had the time.




Dim Sum. Have not had it in years. We used to go sometimes to a place in Toronto for it. Delicious.




Can you imagine?  A cook's dream . . .



Vintage Tablecloths . . . 




Pyrex cherry bowls  . . . 

Cherry anything really. 



Vintage Barbie . . . 





Jo Malone, Pomegranate Noir cologne. I love Jo Malone anything, but this is my favorite scent. I have a bottle, but nowhere to wear it. Most places around here are no scent places. No scent allowed. Apparently, a lot of people are allergic to smell.




Crawling back into bed for half an hour and early morning snuggles. He is the snuggliest.


And those are my favorite things for this week.

Cindy and I have decided to go on our jaunt next week. We both have lots to get done this week.  

I went for supper with my father and his friends last night. I decided to have a grilled chicken Caesar salad. It was mostly lettuce and dressing and only had about 5 super skinny little pieces of chicken on it. And I mean skinny. I should have taken a photograph. I thought it might have a grilled chicken breast on top, sliced.  It was over $13.  How hard can it be?

It's cold in here this morning. I have my heat pump on but it's still cold. I can't get warm.

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Expect nothing
appreciate everything.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today. Sopa de Fideos.  This is a Mexican noodle soup. Delicious. Simple. Quick to make.

I hope you have a lovely day today!  I am going to putter around here. I might even get something done! haha   Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




6 comments:

  1. Pouring of rain here, in for the day. I can't comment from my ipad either, never lets me sign in, so use my laptop. I love bread but it doesn't love me. Found a delicious gluten free sour dough bread from Promise, expensive but worth it every now and then for a treat. Looks like it will be a reading and stitching day here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are due for rain tomorrow Linda and then on til Monday! I will have to look for that bread. I find most gluten free breads a huge disappointment! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Marie. Lots of lovely favourites today. My first sewing project was an apron, too. I still have it. Wear your perfume at home. Enjoy your "puttering around" day. It's a rainy day here and quite cool. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! Stay warm and dry! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Ah aprons...lovely to wear...sure saves on laundry too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and happy Thursday. I have a ‘hit and miss’ time commenting also. Oh well, I am not the best commenter. Love aprons and that little red head …curls too! Oh my, that stove is amazing, wouldn’t it be wonderful to have? One can dream. I have some vintage tablecloths, mostly from my mom and grandma, lucky me. You said the most lovely things about your readers…but it’s YOU, that I love to read! 😄
    Thank you from the bottom of my ♥️ xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!