Friday 14 October 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 


A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do better, to create, to become better, to read more, to watch, to just DO something! Things that delight, inspire, and bring me joy.  Maybe they will do the same thing for you!  




It's paper art by Helen Musselwhite!  Totally fascinating.  I love it.  Found on  a misura di bimboPaper sculpture.  It's gorgeous.


 


Little Paper Machier Birds from Middleburg Folk Art Studio.   So cute! 




A hanging flower chandelier.  There is a complete tutorial on Honestly wtf.  (Can't say I like the name of the blog, but hey . . .  live and let live!)  This is so pretty.  Would be lovely in a little girls' room. 



Just in the nick of time.  Free Halloween Printables.   From Birds Party Shop




12 ideas for kitchen shelving.  Innovative ways to add just a bit of extra space in your already too small kitchen.  I am loving some of them.   Found on SF Girl By The Bay


How to pack a carry on like a pro.   If you travel alot, there are some great tips here on One Good Thing.  Now that people are starting to travel again, this might come in handy.






How to make a homemade Cough Remedy, which she says really works on Surviving the Stores.  It uses simple things we probably already have in our house like honey and cider vinegar.   There's also a printable recipe for it.  




 Six steps to an organized Linen Closet.   There are some really great tips and information here.  From Tipsaholic



Thirteen ways to lower your Electric and Gas Bills.  I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to know how to do this!  Found on Condo Blues.   Simple things like making draft dodgers for the doors etc. 




Interior Design Cheat Sheets for everything from picking a rug to hanging curtains.   There's some really great information shared.   From Honey and Fritz.  Really simple things.





Cooking tips and tricks from the 1940's and 1950's.  I love it!  Found on Tip Nut.    There is a lot of really valuable stuff here like how to rid your house of cabbage smell, etc.




DUH!  This and a whole lot more on Life and Home.  

 



Lots and oodles of free printables from maps to flowers and everything in between for scrapbooking, card making, journaling etc.   Found on Madam Kartinki




Binding letters into a book.   This is an absolutely fabulous idea.   What a wonderful way to journal.  I would love to do this with some of my mother's letters.  It would be a great way to preserve them for my posterity.  From Sue Bleiweiss.





 For those of you who crochet or knit and give your efforts away as gifts these free printable gift labels would be a brilliant addition!!  Found on Cobberson and Co.   Just brilliant!



I found this crochet rose tutorial on Pinterest.  I could not find a source.   It is a pretty little rose.  If you can follow Japanese symbol crochet then it would be a doddle.  I used to do a lot of this type of crochet.  Doilies and lace edgings mostly. 

 



 If you have some big or little kids around you want to impress this Halloween, these Mr and Mrs Frankenstein Rice Crispie Pops are adorable!  I love them. You can find out more on Living Locurto






50+ DIY Christmas Ornaments.  (I am loving this glass bauble cupcake, aren't you?)  Found on DIY Maniacs.  Lots of goodies!  



 



Is this not A D O R A B L E????  I am in love.   From Townsend Custom Gifts on Etsy.   And there are even more, every one just as adorable! 





 Free Printable Halloween Bottle Labels.   From A Small Hearts Desire.   There's a lot of printables for Halloween, all free, there for the choosing.  





no source, but I really love these pillows.  I am crazy about white pillow slips anyways, and the addition of lace and ties is really beautiful here.   I love, LOVE them!  Don't you?





These are probably more within the realm of my expertise however.   From At Home On The Bay, a delightful complete tutorial on how to do your own lace trimmed pillow slips.  I love the bright colours!  OH, I do so love pillow cases.




 

I love lists.  I am always making them or collecting them.  I found this Deep Cleaning List to print out for cleaning your whole house.  It's fabulous!  I found this on Stacy Risenmay. I love it! 




 This is such a brilliant idea!  I love it.   Embroidered family photos!  There is a complete tutorial on The Glamorous Housewife




The Essential Car Kit for any Winter emergencies.  You should never go out and about in your car in the Winter without being prepared for any eventuality.  Found on Martha Stewart.   You just have to love Martha! 




I love this cute little felt needlebook I found on Generation Q.  I love needlebooks.  I love white and red polka dotted toadstools.   The two together?  Just wonderful!


And I guess that is it for this week.  I hope I found something that you can use!  I always really enjoy doing these posts and I hope you enjoy reading them!

A thought to carry with you . . .


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*"The world is changed by your example,
not by your opinion."
~Paul Coelho•。★★ 。* 。 




In The English Kitchen today . . .  Air Fryer Hot Dogs.  These are delicious. Topped with cheese and crispy French-fried onions.  Yummy! I do love me a tasty hot dog now and then!


I spent some time sorting out the big closet in my bedroom yesterday. I am almost finished. I will get in there and finish it today. Fingers crossed. I am slowing down in my old age. It takes me twice as long to do anything than it used to do!

I hope that you have a wonderful day!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


3 comments:

  1. Instead of slowing down I say I'm taking time to enjoy doing things. Cute finds today. The rain has finished and it will be a lovely crisp Fall day. Enjoy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great ideas to go through...thanks!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved every Friday find! Happy weekend, ‘slow’ V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!