Thursday 27 October 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

  
 


A few of the things in my life which make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they make your heart go pitter pat also!  


 



I, too, like the simple things.  I am an uncomplicated person. It doesn't take much to make me happy.


 


The autumn dance  . . .  


 


Magic, blessings, simple joys . . .  call them what you will.


 


The smell of Cinnamon.  Michaels smelled like cinnamon the other day.


 

Pockets, it's nice to have a place to tuck in your treasures  . . . 

 
 


This color. It would take a lot of courage . . .


 

A book that grabs you from page one and that will not let you go . . . 


 

The perfect companion . . . best friends. 

 
 


There's that hair again  . . . 


 


Halloween . . . so many sweet memories.


 

This is true in anything . . .


 


A life filled with gratitude . . .  


 


Sunrises . . . love them. Some are spectacular. Nature's colors . . .



 


A good stretch . . . helps get the wrinkles out. 


 

Old quilts . . .  how I would love to have one.

 


Piano music . . . one of these days . . . 

 


I wish it could last forever . . .  but then it would become every day, so it's probably a good thing that it is only a gift which comes once a year.


 

Chestnuts . . .  in London you could buy them in little paper bags, just roasted . . . hot and delicious.


 

Love is all we need . . . the Beatles had it right.




I hadn't been in bed too long last night when we got a wicked loud thunderstorm. It was lighting up my bedroom.  So grateful that I have a home to call my own.

Going out for lunch with Cindy today.  We are going to catch out last taste of Jonny's before it closes for the year. True Newf Poutine, here we come! (Another one of my favorite things.)

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*What we don't need
in the midst of struggle
is shame for being human.
~Brene Brown•。★★ 。* 。





In The English Kitchen today . . . Spiced Buttery Crackers. As my friend Diana said, Saltines with a twist!

I hope that you have a wonderful day!  Be happy!  Don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


8 comments:

  1. Yum, roasted chestnuts, have never had them here in Canada. Enjoy every moment, there is always something to appreciate. Hubby had poutine yesterday, a fave of his, me I'm a plain girl, just fries and a side of gravy for dipping for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fries and gravy as well, Linda, with lots of ketchup to dip in also. I could take or leave the cheese. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lots of wonderful favourites today, Marie. Anticipation is sometimes even better than the event, somehow. Enjoy your poutine with Cindy. We're off to Michael's for a look-see. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! I hope you enjoyed your outing at Michael's! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely favorites….lovely photos…lovely thoughts….thanks for sharing. Blessings, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome V! Blessings to you also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Those are all such lovely things and those crackers sound absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Stacy. Can you believe someone complained that I had not actually made the crackers? There is no pleasing some people! They are very scrumptious crackers indeed! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!