Wednesday 6 January 2021

Wednesday This and That . . .


I had this crazy dream last night. I was at Simon Cowell's house.  Not sure how that happened, but dreams are funny things. Anyways he noticed my "hug" ring and asked me what it meant and I proceeded to tell him the whole story of how I came to need a "hug," what had happened, and what was going on in my life at present. Why on earth he need to know his, I have no idea.  Why did I dream about Simon Cowell?  Again, no idea. He's  not even somebody I normally think about!

Yesterday was not a good day. I went to change my driving lisence over and failed my sight test. I just could not see the things in the eye sight thingie.  I am not sure if it was because my glasses were fogging up or if I was looking through the bi-focal part instead of the normal part or what. I see quite well actually. I am not sure what was up with that, but in any case I have had to make an appointment with the opthamologist and hoping that all will go well. Please say a little prayer on my behalf. If I can't get my driver's licence I don't know what I will do.  It will severely limit where I can live if I can't drive. Its hard enough to find a place now without having to restrict where I can feasibly live. 

To be honest, I just felt like digging a hole in the ground. I am trying to remain positive, but it seems like the hits just keep on coming.  I sure hope 2021 isn't going to be worse than 2020. 
 
Brambley Hedge

Dad hit a deer with his car last night on his way home from here. There were actually three crossing the road and he clipped the last one.  Thank goodness he was able to keep his car on the road, but as you can imagine he was pretty shaken up. He got his car back to his place alright, but he reckons there's about $7000 worth of damage to his car. It lifted the radiator right out and caused a huge dent in his fender, etc. I am just grateful that he was able to keep his car on the road and that he wasn't hurt.  That's something you really need to be wary of when you are driving here in the Valley, especially at night. There are lots of deer.

My first husband hit a deer on his way home on the night he asked me to marry him. Killed it and did a lot of damage to his car. But he had a hunting tag so he tagged it and that was that.

When I lived in New Brunswick it was moose you needed to be careful of hitting. Hit one of them and you know it. Its like hitting the side of a bus.  
 
Brambley Hedge

 

We used to live on the edge of a salt marsh in New Brunswick. It was a beautiful spot for bird-watching, etc. I loved our little house that we had built. I had a beautiful kitchen.  At night you could hear the moose bellowing out on the marsh, especially during mating season.  Tons of mosquitoes as you can imagine, but it was a lovely house. Dark grey with white shutters and red doors. Six bedrooms, a large bath with a sunken jacuzzi bath, beautiful eat in kitchen living room, laundry shower room, family room, mudroom, and shop/wood room.

My kitchen had been custom built to my own design. It was the nicest kitchen I ever had the priviledge of cooking in. I never realised what a blessing that was at the time. That's usually how life goes. We take things for granted until we don't have them anymore.  We need to stop doing that.  I need to stop doing that. 

(source

I stumbled onto this blog where this gal does the most amazing miniatures  for doll houses.  I really hope that one day when I get settled I will be able to make and decorate another doll house. I hated having to leave mine back in the UK. I had hoped at least to be able to bring the furnishings with me, but alas it wasn't possible. I really hope that some little girl is enjoying it . I have no idea what happened to it. I sincerely hope it didn't end up in the skip.  I can't think that anyone would have thrown it away. 

I have always held a fascination for small worlds as you know.  Fairy worlds, etc. 


My daughter Eileen holds the same fascination as I do with small worlds.  When I was in the UK I had collected little fairy sculptures for her of the flower fairies and mailed them over to her one at a time.  She still has them of course. Perhaps if I get a chance to do a new doll house one day, she can help me with it. Now that's a happy thought.

Elaine sent her a book about Tom Kitten for Christmas and a little Tom Kitten figurine. She was thrilled with them both. That was so very kind of Elaine.  Very kind.

Its Eileen's birthday tomorrow. She will be 43. It is hard to believe my little baby girl is going to be 43. I dropped her birthday gift off for her yesterday along with some brownies. She is very happy that I am back here in Canada.  We have plans. Once I get my own place (I hope I will have two bedrooms), she and Tim can come and stay with me weekends sometimes, and Eileen and I can cook together and stuff. There is much to look forward to.  She has already told me that next Christmas Tim's parents are going to be in Ontario visiting Tim's brother's family for Christmas so we are hoping that she and Tim can spend it with me.  Happy thought.  


This latest snow has stuck.  Its still here. I wonder how much more we will get this Winter??  I am sure we will be quite sick of it by the time Winter is finished with us. We are only just now at the beginning of the season. I have so much to look forward to. More snow, Nova Scotia Spring, apple blossoms summer, wild blueberries, corn on the cob, the Annapolis Royal farm market . . . the autumn colours, hopefully seeing my family.  (They are saying summer 2021 before things may even come close to normal again covid-wise.) 

I am praying for all of my loved ones and friends in the UK. They say 1 in every 50 person has the virus. I know Todd's niece (who I am in touch with regularly) has had it, but thankfully seems  to be recovering at the moment, as is my next door neighbour. They are in complete lockdown there now.  I am so grateful that I escaped when I did.  Had I not done, I may have still been there, struggling and being on my own as I did so. I may even have caught the virus. Who knows  . . . 

There is always something to be grateful for.

And I have about exhausted my topics this morning so I will leave you with a thought for today . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛
"Be still in
the presence of the Lord,
Wait patiently for 
Him to act.
~Psalm 37:7•。★★ 。* 。 
 



Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Ham & Potato Chowder. This is so simple and yet it was delicious! I cut the original recipe in half to feed four. It was surprisingly filling!

Have a great Wednesday. I hope that things go well for you.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too! 
 
  

















 



 

8 comments:

  1. I'll be hoping all goes well next eye test!We are nervous with tests..could have been nerves too..Fingers more than crossed..Thank goodness your dad is fine..but what a lot of trouble..here the insurance pays.. there is no fault insurance but you pay the deductible..not sure NS..
    I wonder why you do not know where your doll house is..I know it is only material..but it's not:(
    That's what we do focus on the good..what choice is there..
    Take care Marie..My youngest turns 43 next month.
    WE have been told we are having another 1 month total lockdown and curfew.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so Monique. I was very distraught yesterday, which could have been part of the problem. Every time he asked me to read something again, I was getting more upset. I am so sorry that you have yet another month of lockdown and curfew to live through. We need to keep positive and remind ourselves that this will not be forever. Hard though. xoxo

      Delete
  2. You are right there is always something to be thankful for. Good luck with eyes, you probably need new glasses that will let you get your license. I know I'd be lost without having a car to drive, but they are also expensive. So glad your Dad wasn't hurt. We have lots of accidents around here involving deer and they do a lot of damage to cars. You have a lot of family to care for and enjoy being with. Enjoy your new life !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be lost without a car. This is a really rural area. I think once you reach a certain age a car is a necessity! Deer can be a real problem. Thanks Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  3. It is a good idea to have your eyes checked but I think it possible because you have been crying a lot of late...that might make it harder for the eyes to focus on small things anyway. I hope you will learn that they are doing fine!! Take care! So glad your dad is ok too after hitting a deer!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Elizabeth! I am hoping and praying! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I'm so sorry about the eye test, I'll just bet it was nerves, and I pray that the eye doctor can sort it all out.

    That's a funny dream...Simon Cowell! Maybe he just needed a hug!

    I know that those hard days are to be expected, but I really do think that they will get less and less as the days go by. Still not easy, or less painful but hopefully not quite as frequent.

    I can't wait until you can help build a cute little doll house with Eileen, that would be so awesome! And, I hope you take lots of photos and post them so we can all be a part of it :0)

    I am so thankful that your dad wasn't hurt after hitting the deer! They do cause a lot of damage, we also have to be careful here, as there are a lot of deer that come down from the hills near our house.

    Hang in there, I know it's soooo hard, you are in my prayers always XOXOX

    Hugs and Love,

    Barb

    p.s. Would you please e-mail me your address :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that’s all it was Barb. I will know more next week when I have my eye test at the ophthalmologist. I hope and pray all will be well! Live and hugs. Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!