Friday 22 January 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 A few of the things I find each week that pique my interest and inspire me to want to do, create, become, etc. Maybe they will also inspire you!  

 
 
I love the colours in this Coffee Shop Wrap found on Two of Wands. It is free and it is knitted with cotton yarn. I love wraps.

 

Some really cute eye candy here by way of an adorable needlefelted bunny from Living Felt.  It is entitled "Rebirth" and is by Kathleen Dodge Dehaven. 
 
 
 
Miss Abigail's Hope Chest.  A complete tutorial for this lovely dish cloth.  
 
 

Thread edged Tea Towels, from the same place.  Love this blog. It is a cornucopia of tutorials.   
 
 
 
 
Wonky Wonderful.  Dill Pickle Dip.  This looks fabulous!   
 
 
 
For  next year?  Kays Keepsakes.  A complete tutorial.   
 
 
 

Mom 4 Real.  50 homemade seasonings you can make yourself.   
 
 
 

Self Reliant School.  How to dehydrate garlic and make your own garlic powder.  Very handy!   
 
 
 

French Market Bag.  Free pattern from Two of Wands.  
 
  
 
Eye candy only.  An Irish Crochet Crown.   
 
 

How to read crochet symbols.  Chart Reading.  Total.  Love this.  I used to crochet all the time using crochet symbols. Tuesdayfortnight.  
 
 
 
Almond Cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything.   
 
 
 
How to Start a Small Cleaning Business.  From The Busy Budgeter.   
 
  
 

The Frugal Girls.  Best Chicken Rub.   
 
  

I  love finger sandwiches, don't you?  Some tasty ideas here. 
 
 

It is never too early to be thinking about making some decorations for next Christmas.  I think this little knitted mouse is so cute.  From Ravelry by Abigail Originals.  Free! 

 
 
The art of keeping a travel journal.   From Athletes Abroad.  
 
 
 
Eye Candy from a shop on Etsy calles Marianata.  I love these types of things.  So cute!   She also has a blog.  Dollitude

 
 

Crochet Hoop Balloony House.  Love this.  Such inspiration here and made from felt which I also love.  Making things from felt.  Inkie Mama Tumblr. 
 
 
 

Handmade Felt Envelope.  I love this.  So cute.  From Paper N Stitch.  

 
  

Look at the front.  It's so cute!  A complete tutorial.  Wouldn't this be a great Valentine for your main squeeze! 
 
 

Hanging hearts!  Sweet and Lovely Things

 

Matchbox Monsters from Molly Moo Crafts.   they're babies.  Shhh . . . 

 

How to sew a straight line.  Every little helps.  From Crazy Little Projects.  This is lesson one of  series.  Great tutorials for those who are just learning. 

 

Make your own slippers.  A complete tutorial from Tea and a Sewing Machine


 

If You Give a Blond a Kitchen.  Two bite mini chocolate chip scones.  Cute idea, but I bet you could scarfe these down like potato chips.  Hmmm . . . 

 

The top of an old hutch, painted and recycled to use for in the bath.   Great idea!  Style from the Sticks
 
 

20 Kitchen DIY's to fall in love with.  There are some great ideas here like this one, using an old rake for a utensil hanger.  From Pretty Designs.

And that's my finds for this week.  I hope you were able to see something you liked!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

˛*Practice the pause.  
When in doubt pause.  
When angry, pause.
When tired, pause.  
When stressed, pause.  
And when you pause, pray.
~unknown 
 •。★★ 。* 。.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 



In The English Kitchen today, S'mores Rocky Road. Deliciously different. No bake bars filled with a lovely combination of salty and sweet!  

I had my field vision test yesterday at the Eye Doctor and passed again with flying colours. I am good to go. So now all I have to do is to go back to the Department of Motor Vehicles with my filled in form and exchange my license. I have no explanation for why I failed the eye test at the DMV.  It is snowing today and quite cold.  Sometime today I will try to take some pictures of the colours of yarn I bought.  They are really pretty. 

A friend of mine in the UK had the shot for the virus earlier this week and is feeling absolutely awful. I wonder what is up with that. Kind of scary. Time will tell.
 

Have a super Friday. Whatever you get up to don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



































 

6 comments:

  1. So many things to love - the felted bunny, the crocheted dish cloths, the knitted mouse. Enjoy your Friday, too. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is having radiation treatments Marie? I’m sorry if someone is sick x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your friend...there are many more too...plenty of info online if you search a bit. I hope your friend will be ok!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wrap..do you crat w/ your sister? That would be lovely.
    Yippeee on the eyesight test:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I forgot to say I know lots and lots of people in the UK having their first vaccinations and they have been fine. Including my 87 year old father in law! I really hope to get mine before spring - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tie like wraps, especially this time of year and love finger sandwiches, thank for you for the tips on what to put into them. I''ve not tried some of them so now can make something different.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!